What's new

Defence ministry clears purchase of 118 Arjun Mark-II main-battle tanks

Defence ministry clears purchase of 118 Arjun Mark-II main-battle tanks at a cost of Rs 6,800 crore.
so almost 58 corore for a single tank ... pretty costly i guess as the numbers will grow the cost will come down can you give me a price/vital stats comparission arjun MK2 with other leading tanks in the world

thanks in advance

India's Offensive capability is going to grow manifolds from now on....

Not just 118 arjun mk2 tanks but MoD also cleared 6 submarine refit including 2 shishumar class which will be equipped with harpoon anti ship missiles, 16 naval helicopters, towed array sonars for anti submarines operations(ATAS) and 40 arjun catapult artillery systems.

are these tanks are in addition to those odd 250 or 125 Mk1 +current order of 118= 243?

Why offset deviation Waiver. Now boing wont purchase anything in exchange of chinooks?
No its 124 Mk1 and 118 Mk2 order only.But lets hope they atleast buy around 248 Mk2 and then switch to FMBT or Arjun Mk3.
Total order should be close to 490 to make the whole project worth.

No its 124 Mk1 and 118 Mk2 order only.But lets hope they atleast buy around 248 Mk2 and then switch to FMBT or Arjun Mk3.
Total order should be close to 490 to make the whole project worth.

I had read that if 500 tanks are ordered, cost can be gought down 10 crore a piece.

I think that additional budget allocated to AVDI factory is transfered to them by way of High price.

I had read that if 500 tanks are ordered, cost can be gought down 10 crore a piece.

I think that additional budget allocated to AVDI factory is transferred to them by way of High price.
Well its simple economics mate.For now it seems in coming years Army will end up buying More Arjuns close to 300, also now they have another Arjun based catapult artillery order which is again will end up near 100 and then we recently revived Bhim SPH again a arjun based platform.So production will be running till 2017-2018 which is quite enough for DRDO to refine Arjun Mk2 futher to win more orders/

Back
Top Bottom