What's new

Defence ministry clears purchase of 118 Arjun Mark-II main-battle tanks

Well its simple economics mate.For now it seems in coming years Army will end up buying More Arjuns close to 300, also now they have another Arjun based catapult artillery order which is again will end up near 100 and then we recently revived Bhim SPH again a arjun based platform.So production will be running till 2017-2018 which is quite enough for DRDO to refine Arjun Mk2 futher to win more orders/

Weight reduction is very important. Israeli expert said that 5 to 6 ton slashing of weight is possible. FMBT is suppose to be a very compact tank with 2 men crew and plane cockpit like lay out with very high acceleration engine reaching to very high RPM in just 2.5 second.

Weight reduction is very important. Israeli expert said that 5 to 6 ton slashing of weight is possible. FMBT is suppose to be a very compact tank with 2 men crew and plane cockpit like lay out with very high acceleration engine reaching to very high RPM in just 2.5 second.
Just a hogwash for IA to import more tanks from Natasha.All the best tanks are in weight class of 65-75 T range and they are jumping,firing etc etc in desert and on rough terrain .

But the helicopter tender is scrapped :cry:
that is good we need to boost funding of these
Light+Utility+Helicopter.jpg
0g3H4RO.jpg
p2130081.jpg

we should aim for total independence from foreign helicopters in next 10 year:tup:

Not just 118 arjun mk2 tanks but MoD also cleared 6 submarine refit including 2 shishumar class which will be equipped with harpoon anti ship missiles, 16 naval helicopters, towed array sonars for anti submarines operations(ATAS) and 40 arjun catapult artillery systems.
--:-)
ghawa i :crazy_pilot:

@Zarvan,you are fast and furious than arjun mk 2 induction :agree::agree:

Defence ministry clears purchase of 118 Arjun Mark-II main-battle tanks at a cost of Rs 6,800 crore.

My god, you wake up too early!! Posting Indian related news from Indian News Paper? Thanks for the posting. But please do not remain awake to post. I tried it for some time, but got dry cough, drowsy in the morning etc.

No its 124 Mk1 and 118 Mk2 order only.But lets hope they atleast buy around 248 Mk2 and then switch to FMBT or Arjun Mk3.
Total order should be close to 490 to make the whole project worth.
AFAIK this is a follow-on rode for the 124 Arjun Mk.2s the IA already has on order so 118+124=242 Mk2

242+124 Mk.1s already in service =366

366+ 40 Arjun Catapult systems= 406 Arjun-chasises

Another order to be made soon is for 40-60 BLTs (Bridge Laying Tanks) based on the Arjun Chassis.

The IA is also likely to place an order for 200-300 more MK.2s in 2 years time, they are likely to keep going with this piecemeal ordering fashion until they are on about 600-700 Arjun (Mk.1s and 2s) and then switch to the FMBT (Arjun Mk.3).

that is good we need to boost funding of these
Light+Utility+Helicopter.jpg
0g3H4RO.jpg
p2130081.jpg

we should aim for total independence from foreign helicopters in next 10 year:tup:
The HAL LUH was ALWAYS going to enter service that is why HAL are rushing ahead worth work on it similarly the foreign RSH/LUH deal in NO WAY affects the orders for the LCH- they are still there.

As for the IMRH, I just don't see where it fits into the Indian services, the IAF has 130+ Mi-17 V5s on order and the IN has their own NMRH procurement ongoing. Unless the IA is looking to order 100+ IMRHs there is going to be no domestic market for this helo.

AFAIK this is a follow-on rode for the 124 Arjun Mk.2s the IA already has on order so 118+124=242 Mk2

Another order to be made soon is for 40-60 BLTs (Bridge Laying Tanks) based on the Arjun Chassis.

The IA is also likely to place an order for 200-300 more MK.2s in 2 years time, they are likely to keep going with this piecemeal ordering fashion until they are on about 600-700 Arjun (Mk.1s and 2s) and then switch to the FMBT (Arjun Mk.3).

The HAL LUH was ALWAYS going to enter service that is why HAL are rushing ahead worth work on it similarly the foreign RSH/LUH deal in NO WAY affects the orders for the LCH- they are still there.

As for the IMRH, I just don't see where it fits into the Indian services, the IAF has 130+ Mi-17 V5s on order and the IN has their own NMRH procurement ongoing. Unless the IA is looking to order 100+ IMRHs there is going to be no domestic market for this helo.

foreign LUH deal is cancelled:yahoo: and i think by atleast 2019 Hal luh will be in full speed production.
and IMRH will take at least 10 years to be in production. by than Navy, cost guard and army will require multirole helis in numbers.

foreign LUH deal is cancelled:yahoo: and i think by atleast 2019 Hal luh will be in full speed production.
and IMRH will take at least 10 years to be in production. by than Navy, cost guard and army will require multirole helis in numbers.
2017 I think the LUH will be in production but that is still a LONG way to go away and a long time to ask the Cheetahs and Chetaks to fly to (but they will have to) but at least by then there will be 2 production lines churning out LUHs (foreign tie up's and HAL LUH's).

The navy isn't going to be interested in the IMRH- they are procuring foreign NMRHs, the ICG, CAPFs (by then they will have HUGE budgets and an ever growing need for aviation assets) and IA are the ONLY candidates for the IMRH in India.

2017 I think the LUH will be in production but that is still a LONG way to go away and a long time to ask the Cheetahs and Chetaks to fly to (but they will have to) but at least by then there will be 2 production lines churning out LUHs (foreign tie up's and HAL LUH's).

The navy isn't going to be interested in the IMRH- they are procuring foreign NMRHs, the ICG, CAPFs (by then they will have HUGE budgets and an ever growing need for aviation assets) and IA are the ONLY candidates for the IMRH in India.

look at LCH first prototype flight in 2010 and after 4 years no sign of production starting any time soon

first flight of luh will be in 2015 after that 3 to 4 years of testing and certification.

look at LCH first prototype flight in 2010 and after 4 years no sign of production starting any time soon

first flight of luh will be in 2015 after that 3 to 4 years of testing and certification.
LCH is a very different kettle of fish as it is VERY different to the ALH and needs to have weapons integrated from day one (it is an attack helo after all). The LUH will be pretty simple to test and certify as it is basically a simpler and smaller version of the ALH so will take lest time to enter service than the LCH.

I don't think its a follow on order..............its just 118 mk2 as 0 mk2 has been produced so far,,,,so where is the question of follow on order come?

My god, you wake up too early!! Posting Indian related news from Indian News Paper? Thanks for the posting. But please do not remain awake to post. I tried it for some time, but got dry cough, drowsy in the morning etc.
he didn't even waited for an article he posted right off the twitter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom