What's new

Defence budget only 18pc not 70pc: Kayani

^^^ i dont think so ..budget amount should be much more than that..my small state karnataka is planning for a budget of more than 20 bn ...UP one of the poorest state in india has budget amount of more than 30 bn for year 2011..

In pakistan there is dual budget ..one from provincial govt other from central govt like india .. That may be the reason ... Or am i missing something ?

Pakistan's overall national budget for 2011 was $32 billion, out of which $5.5 billion was the defense budget.

Pakistan's defense budget as a % of the national budget: 5.5/32 = 17.5% of the total Budget.

Pakistan's defense budget as a % of GDP (nominal): 5.5/190 = 2.8% of national GDP

Btw, although I do not want to divert the topic of the thread, it is interesting to note that India's defense budget is $36 billion, more than Pakistan's overall national budget. India's overall budget for 2011 was about $240 billion.

India's defense budget as a % of the national budget: 36/240 = 15% of the total Budget.

It's not too different for both the countries, despite the fact that Pakistan is fighting the global WOT whereas India is not.

Pakistan's overall national budget for 2011 was $32 billion, out of which $5.5 billion was the defense budget.

Pakistan's defense budget as a % of the national budget: 5.5/32 = 17.5% of the total Budget.

Pakistan's defense budget as a % of GDP (nominal): 5.5/190 = 2.8% of national GDP

Btw, although I do not want to divert the topic of the thread, it is interesting to note that India's defense budget is $36 billion, more than Pakistan's overall national budget. India's overall budget for 2011 was about $240 billion.

India's defense budget as a % of the national budget: 36/240 = 15% of the total Budget.

It's not too different for both the countries, despite the fact that Pakistan is fighting the global WOT whereas India is not.

India's central budget that is. Indian states all have their own budgets as well. Even in education, when one say India spends 2.55% of GDP, that is central spends that much on education. Individual states also have educational budgets.

Andhra Pradesh state budget is about 25 billion dollars

well budget through the world is considered in the %age of total GDP

nt just Govt budget

India is fighting WoT in India itself....

Both Pakistan and CHina
spend equal percentage of GDP on defence

ranking is always done according to the total GDP of a country as well as the percentage

List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

mate please do a little research . your total govt budget is not more than 40 $billion

international ranking and i would say standard ranking on done in the %age of total GDP

18 percent allocated to defense out which half goes to the Military and 2 quarters go to the PAF and PN.So military gets about 8-9 pc of the budget.

Back
Top Bottom