What's new

Defence Acquisition Council to discuss Navy’s Rs 25,000 crore warship propo

Great news,
but all the shipyards are full and it will take forever to make them in India.Let someone else make em

The private yards are not full. Pipavav has capacity available and is fully geared up for modular construction. Pipavav will be the front-runner and the face-off will be between Dokdo and Mistral's designs.

This is for an offensive purposes and humanitarian missions. Certainly not for any defensive purposes.

But over $1 billion per vessel ? Thats insane amounts, or is it corruption?

^^.
Can we convert Mistral LPD without much modifications to VTOL type aircraft carrier which can carry F-35Bs and sea harriers

we have plan to buy f-35B in future if yes it makes me happy. and i prefere Spanish ship. in place of French and s.Koran ships.

^^.
Can we convert Mistral LPD without much modifications to VTOL type aircraft carrier which can carry F-35Bs and sea harriers

we have plan to buy f-35B in future if yes it makes me happy. and i prefere Spanish ship. in place of French and s.Koran ships.

We have 6 Amphibious Warfare ships out of which INS Jalashwa cant be used in war

We have 6 Amphibious Warfare ships out of which INS Jalashwa cant be used in war

We have 10 amphibious ships including jalashwa.

who said to you that we are going to buy f 35. no way. and if ATT passed in UN, then weapons buying from US will be reduced and buying aircraft from US is not a simple.it comes with lot of agreements that we want to sign before signing the deal.

We have 10 amphibious ships including jalashwa.

actually wiki tells IN has 16 such vessels, but 4 of them weigh only 1100 tons and rest 6 weigh only 90 tons

probably this why the other wiki article(which I used to give 6 AS figure) says India has 6 amphibious warfare ships

These 6 ships weigh above 5,000 tons

This is for an offensive purposes and humanitarian missions. Certainly not for any defensive purposes.

But over $1 billion per vessel ? Thats insane amounts, or is it corruption?

no corruption. its a correct price in situation if you calculate with current INR exchange rate. its not only for getting ship, but also for getting technology from them and investing for infrastructure in our shipyards to produce that much big ships. and dont forget russia signed a deal with france in 2010 at a cost of 850+mil US$ per ship for 2 mistral class which they are going to get directly from france.

who said to you that we are going to buy f 35. no way. and if ATT passed in UN, then weapons buying from US will be reduced and buying aircraft from US is not a simple.it comes with lot of agreements that we want to sign before signing the deal.

S-
DUCT!!!

SAID ABSOLUTELY NO ONE EVER.

S-
DUCT!!!

hmmm that i dont know. but i saw in his post that he just asked whether we can able convert LHD into STOVL carrier to carry fighters like f35b or harriers. but we wont buy any fighters from US.

hmmm that i dont know. but i saw in his post that he just asked whether we can able convert LHD into STOVL carrier to carry fighters like f35b or harriers. but we wont buy any fighters from US.

ok but i think stealth fighters are best for IN.

after nevel version of fgfa come arrives we can send Thames to other carriers.

ok but i think stealth fighters are best for IN.

after nevel version of fgfa come arrives we can send Thames to other carriers.

yeah we need stealth fighter but not f35 and our navy said no to STOVL carriers and they also confirmed that no f35,they need tejas only and in future they need AMCA.

Back
Top Bottom