What's new

Debate this : Obama fears Pakistan’s disintegration

3) This is for our indian visitors: What would India as a nation prefer?
a) Weak Pakistan?
b) No Pakistan and Uncle Sam in the region?
c) Status - Quo!
d) Better relations with a stable , mature state of Pakistan?

[/U][/B]

I think India will be comfortable with any of the four options, India will keep away from participating in anything to do with the US and Pakistan and will engage Pk bilaterally. If I was a policy maker I would be more concerned about the good or bad effects of any of the four options and will live with it.

a) Weak Pakistan - will bring the Jihadi elements closer to home - we will prepare ourselves to face that.

b) Uncle Sam in the region - we know pretty well why the US is and will be there in the region - it does not affect India in any way.

c) Status Quo - Again, will be acceptable for India - India has built its policies around being a status quo power so not a big deal.

d) Better relations with a stable and better Pakistan - Frankly speaking this option does not seem to be happening in the near future - this option also raises Pakistan's capacity to fuel insurgencies and proxy war on India - so not attractive - but India will not directly harm Pakistan.

Strategy = Hypothetical Scenarios and counter measures.

Shows you forfeit you're right to comment or be taken seriously on this particular thread.

If that's what you think of my answers :)

The questions stated clearly to choose one option and then expand upon it.
I think India will be comfortable with any of the four options, India will keep away from participating in anything to do with the US and Pakistan and will engage Pk bilaterally. If I was a policy maker I would be more concerned about the good or bad effects of any of the four options and will live with it.

a) will bring the Jihadi elements closer to home - we will prepare ourselves to face that.

b) Uncle Sam in the region - we know pretty well why the US is and will be there in the region - it does not affect India in any way.

c) Status Quo - Again, will be acceptable for India - India has built its policies around being a status quo power so not a big deal.

d) Better relations with a stable and better Pakistan - Frankly speaking this option does not seem to be happening in the near future - this option also raises Pakistan's capacity to fuel insurgencies and proxy war on India - so not attractive - but India will not directly harm Pakistan.

Maverick mate, please desist immediately. Seems you've nothing of value to add to the discussion.
I don't think any Arab state would allow the US use of their bases to wage war on Pakistan. And those that do will face consequences.

The questions stated clearly to choose one option and then expand upon it.

Maverick mate, please desist immediately. Seems you've nothing of value to add to the discussion.

The point is its not in India's control to choose an option, but personally I'll go with status quo. We will be very comfortable with that.

i don't think Pakistan will be disintegrated

possibility of happening this is very less

but Pakistan may be in a position that for a long time it will be engaged in solving its internal problem, thus giving 'free' years to India

status Quo is best option according to me

as Pakistan is, right now weak and in internal mess to do any harm to India but not facing danger of disintegration

I appreciate your views, however, please try to stay focussed and on topic. Cheers!
i don't think Pakistan will be disintegrated

possibility of happening this is very less

but Pakistan may be in a position that for a long time it will be engaged in solving its internal problem, thus giving 'free' years to India

a stable and prosperous pakistan is in interest of everyone

few points OP had missed...

what if US uses her nukes against pakistan and won't they take all the stakeholders on board before launching offensive...

if pakistan thinks that US will allow pakistan to use nukes first then you are living in lala land.... don't forget they are the only nation who has used nukes....if they will be 1% sure that pakistan is going to use nukes...they will decimate you in few hours....

It's costing me my business today. Had two staff meeting that I had to postpone. Strange thing I noticed is that, no 'think tank' or mod want's to take part in this essential debate!
Hyperion

Like the way you are controling this thread.

Was it irrelevant to the topic at hand? If yes, please don't reply back.
Hey Hyperion- You missed my post- why??-

It's costing me my business today. Had two staff meeting that I had to postpone.

I am waiting for the conclusion of this debate - you do have a conclusion don't you? make it rather quick before dragging it too much and u let the trolls and pseudo intelligentsia take it over. Best of Luck.

let analyse the situation from US point of view.....

the basis idea is that they do not want to see a single nuke in the hands of extremists

Now if they launch a offensive against pakistan they would take the risk of having multi nuclear strikes..

so what do you think what they gonna do ?

I am waiting for the conclusion of this debate - you do have a conclusion don't you? make it rather quick before dragging it too much and u let the trolls and pseudo intelligentsia take it over. Best of Luck.

Valid point.

The end must be defined or else it will become a slugging match.

Back
Top Bottom