What's new

Debate on the so called "Islamic Terrorism"

Islamic terrorism is what it is. It is not irresponsible term, you are reading too much into it
for us the fight cannot wait, they are fighting against us and spilling our blood.
If you are talking about pakistani fight against about terrorism, its nothing but a farce
And the Islamaphobes are spilling our blood too. So we all should just fight each other?

Classic example of might is right. Whoever wins will be right at the end.

And the Islamaphobes are spilling our blood too. So we all should just fight each other?

Classic example of might is right. Whoever wins will be right at the end.

who are these islamaphobe's wouldnt have been there in the first place, terrorist werent there.

Who is a islamaphobe for you?

A person insisting to use terms like Islamic Terrorism, with full knowledge of what such a term means in the English language.

It's an idiotic term due to its meaningless nature in the English language. Like when Bush used Islamic fascists, lol. Fascism and Islam are in odds with each other.

The thing is its fashionable to villainise Islam by putting the term Islamic in front of everything negative.

1. i somewhat agree with joey that if he defines "Islamic Terrorism" as terrorism carried out in the name of Islam (wrongfully), not as terrorism influenced/taught by Islam, its ok. but the main problem in that thats definitely not what the media wants to show and thats not what the general non-Muslim public understands from this term.

2. if i take joey's definition, the only organistaion which can be labelled as "Islamic Terrorist" is Al-Qaeda, which is even not clear if it actually exists or not. Hamas, Fatah, Taliban, Let etc... are NOT fighting in the name of Islam, they are fighting for political reasons such as an independant Palestine/Afganistan/Kashmir etc... so again the term Islamic terrorism still cannot fit any organisation other than the mysterious Al-Qaeda.

The day is not far when those rapes in the tribal belts would be termed as Islamic Rapes and thefts would be Islamic robbery...

It would be all very ridiculous if it weren't so intentional and devious.

Nobody here is trying to define Islam yet.

I've told in my last post. Not even the Muslims have an uniform opinion about what Islam is. There are many interpretations and that of Al-Qaeda is just one of them.

lol.... ^^^ this is what you get when you talk without knwing anything. there is ONLY ONE definition of Islam, which is agreed upon by ALL sects. even if we go beyond the definition, the pillars of Islam etc... they are also the same for all sects. the differences are minor and have no great significance, excpet for that between the Sunni and Shia.

and i never knew that Al-Qaeda is actually a sect which has its own interpretation!:crazy:

The day is not far when those rapes in the tribal belts would be termed as Islamic Rapes and thefts would be Islamic robbery...

It would be all very ridiculous if it weren't so intentional and devious.

yes....you are right. somewhere else someone was talking about Hindu caste system and Hindu sati, and many hindus started saying that caste system and sati have nothing to do with hinduism and are just tradition etc.... and that time i agreed with them that if they have nothing to do with what hinduism teaches then they should not be associated with hinduism.

202 posts and we still haven't reached an understanding, we're going around in circkels...:undecided:

A person insisting to use terms like Islamic Terrorism, with full knowledge of what such a term means in the English language.

It's an idiotic term due to its meaningless nature in the English language. Like when Bush used Islamic fascists, lol. Fascism and Islam are in odds with each other.

The thing is its fashionable to villainise Islam by putting the term Islamic in front of everything negative.

Then i would be a Islamophobe,
If a muslim do anything in the name of Islam, it will be called islamic terrorism. Thats how it is.
We dont care wether it is not what islam teaches, cuz it is being done in the name of islam.It is your duty and your perogative to make sure that 'muslims' dont terrorize non-muslim, if you dont expect non-muslims to call you what they like.
Nobody here is villifying islam, you take it that way; all these time asim, you are directing your vent at non-muslims while you should be at your own kind

202 posts and we still haven't reached an understanding, we're going around in circkels...:undecided:

classic example of whats happenning in the world right now..........everyone blaming each other and no one getting any wiser.............i am afraid these skirmishes in this thread are whats really going on in the outside world, on a global scale............no one is willing to give an inch, all are as stubborn as anyone can be............how can any one get along in this undesirable world without showing some flexibility.

1. i somewhat agree with joey that if he defines "Islamic Terrorism" as terrorism carried out in the name of Islam (wrongfully), not as terrorism influenced/taught by Islam, its ok. but the main problem in that thats definitely not what the media wants to show and thats not what the general non-Muslim public understands from this term.

That is your conspiracy theory, i believe the media has been too soft on islamic terrorism. So as not to cross the line to be racist, bigot etc, but they are so behind the line and they have lost prespective. CNN and BBC have supported islam and muslims in most of their programs, but for muslims support should be absolute. wether they are right or wrong

2. if i take joey's definition, the only organistaion which can be labelled as "Islamic Terrorist" is Al-Qaeda, which is even not clear if it actually exists or not. Hamas, Fatah, Taliban, Let etc... are NOT fighting in the name of Islam, they are fighting for political reasons such as an independant Palestine/Afganistan/Kashmir etc... so again the term Islamic terrorism still cannot fit any organisation other than the mysterious Al-Qaeda.

Exactly, those are political movements, but they are the one's who bring religion into politics; thus making it islamic terrorism. They use religion as a weapon, so as to get the support of all you muslims far and wide. Therefore slowly it takes the form of a islamic movement.

classic example of whats happenning in the world right now..........everyone blaming each other and no one getting any wiser.............i am afraid these skirmishes in this thread are whats really going on in the outside world, on a global scale............no one is willing to give an inch, all are as stubborn as anyone can be............how can any one get along in this undesirable world without showing some flexibility.

isnt that the basic human trait doc, to mark his boundries and be confrontational

isnt that the basic human trait doc, to mark his boundries and be confrontational
@Adux
bro, do u really think that a human is bound by these basic "animalistic" traits? i dont think so, we need to arise above these confrontational instincts............if we cant, then whats the purpose of all this education and development............we would be better off in the stone age then...............breaking the hold of these "animalistic tratis" and becoming something better is what makes us humans...........

@Adux
bro, do u really think that a human is bound by these basic "animalistic" traits? i dont think so, we need to arise above these confrontational instincts............if we cant, then whats the purpose of all this education and development............we would be better off in the stone age then...............breaking the hold of these "animalistic tratis" and becoming something better is what makes us humans...........

Doc,

The question is how much can actually education and development change this very primary of instincts of us humans
I am not justifying the usage of islamic terrorism nor am i condeming it.
Humans will be Humans, if they see something they dont know off, they will take it at its face value.

From my personal prespective,
When i say Islamic Terrorism, it has nothing to do with Islam as entity, but to its followers who take a path that may or not be said in it, they are grouped as it.
Nobody here calls Islam, as the religion of terror.

But Muslims, who follow terrorism will be called Islamic Terrorist.
It is not my job to judge wether he is following true islam or not. It is not my concern. That should be your's as muslims; it is your duty to mis-guided muslims, not ours.
I will not take an extra-mile and go tell a extremist muslim, that he is not following the quran properly. I will not expect any christain or muslim to tell a mis-guided hindu. Why blame non-muslims for calling it as they deem fit, if muslims it is wrong, then muslims shouldnt let their fellow brethern do it in the first place.

Doc,

The question is how much can actually education and development change this very primary of instincts of us humans
I am not justifying the usage of islamic terrorism nor am i condeming it.
Humans will be Humans, if they see something they dont know off, they will take it at its face value.

Adux,
ur right of course, but as educated and intelligent beings, it is our duty not to take everything at its face value, .........its hard, and i know i am expecting too much, but hey, a man can wish, cant he..............

From my personal prespective,
When i say Islamic Terrorism, it has nothing to do with Islam as entity, but to its followers who take a path that may or not be said in it, they are grouped as it.
Nobody here calls Islam, as the religion of terror.

But Muslims, who follow terrorism will be called Islamic Terrorist.
It is not my job to judge wether he is following true islam or not. It is not my concern. That should be your's as muslims; it is your duty to mis-guided muslims, not ours.
I will not take an extra-mile and go tell a extremist muslim, that he is not following the quran properly. I will not expect any christain or muslim to tell a mis-guided hindu. Why blame non-muslims for calling it as they deem fit, if muslims it is wrong, then muslims shouldnt let their fellow brethern do it in the first place.

exactly what i said in my previous post which was directed at my fellow muslims............its not ur duty, nor ur concern and we shouldnt expect u to do so.............the ultimate responsibility falls on the muslims

Back
Top Bottom