What's new

Debate Forum

Genesis

Reaction score
Country
China
The idea came from @Yorozuya credit where credit is due.

I think we should have a sub forum, just for debates, between specific members on any agreed upon subject, it should be more regulated than the regular forums.

Maybe have a second thread for judging or general opinions, something like that.

Right now, my personal opinion, is a lot of good debates are not being done, and it's 20 pages of off topic and insults, which can be fun, but since this is a somewhat serious forum in tune, we should have dedicated places for specific debates.

That's just my 50 cents.

I think we should have a sub forum, just for debates, between specific members on any agreed upon subject, it should be more regulated than the regular forums.

Maybe have a second thread for judging or general opinions, something like that.

Right now, my personal opinion, is a lot of good debates are not being done, and it's 20 pages of off topic and insults, which can be fun, but since this is a somewhat serious forum in tune, we should have dedicated places for specific debates.

That's just my 50 cents.

Already in place but somehow TTA, TT and Mods are reluctant to do so. Even they enjoy responding to trolls more.

There's a section Seniors Cafe for dry people : )

What else we need more serious cafe?

That's just my 50 cents.
I think senior section is just for that.

That's just my 50 cents.

Yea, I think @Horus tried a similar plan in the Senior section and initiated one debate.

But the non-participants didn't know about the debate format and jumped in before it even finish, turning the debate into a regular unorganized discussion thread. Some debate team members didn't even post their inputs.

I think a formal debate would work better if the debate topic is something close to the participants heart, or some topics that they are really interested in.

That's why I suggested you and Nihonjin+US to have a formal debate on the "South Korean THAAD deployment" because that topic is an important issue for you guys. Another one I thought would make a good debate topic is the issue surrounding the Yasukuni shrine, whether it is morally acceptable to visit it or not, etc.

@Horus, I recommend organising a second debate on these topics since there seems to be plenty of potential intellectual participants (Chinese vs Japanese/American) who has strong views on these issues.

That's just my 50 cents.

Seniors Cafe

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom