What's new

'Death sentence to Italian marines will be an act of war'

those poor fishermen Attacked your Marines with what ?? fishing pole ?? fishing nets ??

Stop Acting like a retard
2lxwef8.gif
it was night, they approached our ship with high speed and did not react to any warning. Same tactic was used in the ttack against the USS Cole.

USS-Cole.jpg

101011-USS-Cole-hmed-4p.grid-8x2.jpg

The captain of our ship ordered the crew to bring themself into safety and ordered the marines to defend the ship. And they did what they were ordered.

Thats not the logic. The logic is, that we wont put any effort into saving indian crew members anymore when this case is not solved in a way both sides can live with. You cant expect our soldiers to save indians when india holds two of their comrades as hostages.

Tell me one thing, do you want your marines let go even if they are guilty?

Isn't it same that your army say we wont save you if you will punish us for wrong we did?

Tell me one thing, do you want your marines let go even if they are guilty?

Isn't it same that your army say we wont save you if you will punish us for wrong we did?

Let me answer you with another question, will your court take the idiotic behavior of the fisherman also into account when judging this?

The big problem is, we see now wrong doing in this case. It looked for them like an attack. They did a mistake and the result was the tragic death of two persons. We should not forget, that our marines did send warnings. The americans in the same ituation just gave a headshot to an indian fisherman without warning in the persian gulf.

What we have here is a tragic accident. If would be guilty, which is not the case, i would not want them free but in an italian prison, so their families can visit them and they communicate with others and be in their culture.

Let me answer you with another question, will your court take the idiotic behavior of the fisherman also into account when judging this?

The big problem is, we see now wrong doing in this case. It looked for them like an attack. They did a mistake and the result was the tragic death of two persons. We should not forget, that our marines did send warnings. The americans in the same ituation just gave a headshot to an indian fisherman without warning in the persian gulf.

What we have here is a tragic accident. If would be guilty, which is not the case, i would not want them free but in an italian prison, so their families can visit them and they communicate with others and be in their culture.

Difference: Italian Marines killed our fishermen inside our territory several nautical miles away from the pirate infested waters. They did not bother to inform the Indian authorities about this incident and kept sailing as if nothing had happened. After the shooting incident US immediately acknowledged the incident and regretted it. Now this might be an indicator of the intentions behind the shooting, may be the Italian marines shot at the fishermen just because they thought they could.

If it is proven that the shooting was not mala fide and standard procedure was followed, be assured that Marines will be released. If this is a case of intentional homicide, they will be convicted and sent to prison. Case is simple, you follow Indian laws while you are in the Indian territory.

If you show contempt towards our system, our government and judiciary, we will reciprocate in the same manner. That won't be good for the "friendly" ties between the two countries.

The captain of our ship ordered the crew to bring themself into safety and ordered the marines to defend the ship. And they did what they were ordered.

If my information is correct then the voice and the navigational data on the ship was destroyed by the ship crew. This itself indicates that they had been trying to hide something. As far as I know about this particular incident, the marines were not following the orders from the ship captain when they opened fire at the boat.

Why did they not inform the Indian Navy or the Coast Guard about this incident? May be because they knew they did something terrible?

If it is proven that the shooting was not mala fide, the Marines will be released. They have got nothing to worry about. If you fear that Marines might get death sentence, it proves that you have already accepted the culpability.

They should get sentence what they deserve if court thinks death penalty then what's wrong.

They should get sentence what they deserve if court thinks death penalty then what's wrong.

Shows how backwarded and barbaric your stone age mentality is. We live in 21st century. Only backwarded shit countries have death penalty. And yes, i see USA as backwarded stoneage mentality slum country.

it was night, they approached our ship with high speed and did not react to any warning. Same tactic was used in the ttack against the USS Cole.

USS-Cole.jpg

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
Ooo....Bro...do you even know the case or just making up stories......the vessel was Enrica Lexie..
and here is the story what happened...

At the time of the incident, the MT Enrica Lexie was transiting through Indian Customs Waters. The Enrica Lexie had failed to obtain clearances from Indian authorities for the commercially contracted armed guards from the Italian Navy. Indian customs waters are defined as the waters extending into the sea up to the limit of contiguous zone of India under section 5 of the Territorial Waters, Continental Shelf, Exclusive Economic Zone and other Maritime Zones Act, 1976 (80 of 1976). India's Ministry of Shipping guidelines SR-13020/6/2009-MG(pt.) dated 29 August 2011 makes it mandatory for all Indian and Foreign commercial merchant vessels with armed guards and military weapons to obtain a Pre-Arrival Notification for Security (PANS) clearance prior to entrance and transit through either the Indian Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) or the Indian Search and Rescue Region (ISRR). India ratified United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) based upon the understanding that military exercises or manoeuvres within the EEZ involving the use of weapons are forbidden without the consent of the coastal State.

Indian Coast Guard intercepted and ordered the Enrica Lexie to dock at Kochi port. Forensic analysis by Indian police concluded that fragments extracted from the corpses of the slain Indian fishermen matched ammunition and the ballistic fingerprints of automatic rifles issued to the 6-member Nuclei Militari di Protezione (NPM) "team Latorre" on board the Enrica Lexie.

Portrayal of the shooting as a successful Somali anti-piracy mission by the Italian Defence Ministry and the Italian Government's subsequent denials to acknowledge that the Italian Navy guards of "team Latorre" were responsible for the deaths of two fishermen, caused outrage among Indian fishing communities.
.2012 Italian Navy Marines shooting incident in the Laccadive Sea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As i said, indian sailors will be free bait for pirates from now on and not fall under the mandate of Atalanta.

Our defense ministry said how that would look in future missions. When our marines rescue hostages they will let the indians with the pirates, since they would not fall under the mandate. If pirates demand money, the insurance corporation will only pay for non indians. That means the indians will be worthless for the pirates, since they always take the entire ship they also have to take the entire crew. Since the indians only cost money but will not be part of any deal, they will be worthless for the pirates and only cost money for them. The pirates will just get rid of them.

I think thats the best solution then. Nobody can expect from us to waste a single cent of even an italian soldiers life for members of an enemy nation. The fact that we saved more than 50 indians from pirates in the last years shows what direction this case will go.

Look, firstly indian courts will consider the standard protocol and if marines have followed that, they will be spared.

But if they haven't, no matter they killed them unintentionally by mistake or in panic, they will be punished, however there punishment would not and should not a capital one. May be few years behind bar and that is justified, afterall two families have lost their loved ones.

Shows how backwarded and barbaric your stone age mentality is. We live in 21st century. Only backwarded shit countries have death penalty. And yes, i see USA as backwarded stoneage mentality slum country.

Mate, avoid these curse words for my country. We can equally question the barbaric nature of country and country men who kills unarmed fishermen like sea fish.

Last edited:

I can understand your emotions but if the law of land says they should be executed then they should be. There is nothing to feel happy by taking a life but to stop such cold blooded murders in future they should be awarded punishment what they deserve. They are cancer in the global society and should be removed ( if found guilty).

Look, firstly indian courts will consider the standard protocol and if marines have followed that, they will be spared.

But if they haven't, no matter they killed them unintentionally by mistake or in panic, they will be punished, however there punishment would not and should not a capital one. May be few years behind bar and that is justified, afterall two families have lost their loved ones.

Mate, avoid these curse words for my country. We can equally question the barbaric nature of country and country men who kills unarmed fishermen like sea fish.

I want insult no one...can you understand our feelings and our side of the story?

You know its stupid from me to even react to that stupid "death penalty" calls here, because that would never happen...

But even if they are found guilty and put in prison. What is with their family? They have children too. They would be in a country which language they don´t speak, have no social contacts, be divided with no possible contact with their families. They have small children too you know?

Sea fish are killed for a purpose and for what good purpose they killed helpless and unarmed humans once they had equipment to distinguish , personnel with immense fire power to handle situation till the very last moment. There should be a reason for trained soldiers for their act which apparently doesn't seems to be.

USS-Cole.jpg

Apples and oranges. A deliberated terrorist attack on a US war ship doesn't equates to all ships in ocean everywhere being in danger of the same. This region is not known to have pirates. And the ship should have contacted coast guard.

I want insult no one...can you understand our feelings and our side of the story?

You know its stupid from me to even react to that stupid "death penalty" calls here, because that would never happen...

But even if they are found guilty and put in prison. What is with their family? They have children too. They would be in a country which language they don´t speak, have no social contacts, be divided with no possible contact with their families. They have small children too you know?

If convicted they will be allowed to go back to Italy to serve their jail term inside an Italian jail. It is highly unlikely that they will get the death sentence.

As far as threats of war, economic sanction etc are concerned, they will be completely counter-productive because any sign of softening by the Government of India under such circumstances will be taken as a sign of weakness. It is extremely unlikely that any such threat will work even if they are eminent. As a proud nation that is the last thing we care about.

Italy must also tread judiciously, if pushed for an early trial under international pressure the government in the poll bound India will push for the harshest punishment (death sentence) due to domestic political compulsions. Please do not forget that trial was delayed partly because Italy refused to cooperate during the investigation process. Less media attention this issue gets the better. That is how diplomacy works, issues are settled behind closed doors.

Back
Top Bottom