What's new

Deadly blasts hit Turkey border town of Reyhanli

You understand me clearly.
What you don't understand is that even the groups leader is also captured. We don't need to get into syria for that purpose. And they will obviously be punished.
But you didn't answer my question.

Nope sir, we captured the group leader who planned this attacks. Not the organizations group leader there is difference. A month later another 10 members of this organization can enter and make another attack.

Your question was, should we go in war with Syria right? My answer is if going war with Syria, will end these attacks on our citizens, yes we should.

well , strange stories ....

I only said :

and I really have no interest in Turkey initial issue so I really didn't read anything about it ... this is none of my business

Off Topic :

for God sake go and change your country name and use " Turkiyeh" or whatever you want , I mean Turkey is just sucks ... I think western intend to ridicule you over it from beginning by calling you Turkey .... )

well bro, why you would like to call us with name that sounds arabic? It's not ridiculus, but what you said is "ridiculus". The ones live on it called as Türk, and the land that we've been living on is called Turkey. Yes i'm so proud to say I'm from TURKEY! not from Turkiyeh or a sh¡t else. What do you want? An islamic republic of turkey(!!!) ?

The Constitution of the Republic of Turkey, Part I

P.S By that logic, calling Iran as Iran sucks. I'd like to call it as Iron, Irony, Tiffani...etc. Hope you get the point, no offence.

I'm not saying that current help is not more than humanitarian, I'm just saying that even if we leave and constraint ourselves to humanitarian help, it will not improve anything. Because there is always groups who benefit from war.

I agree, there will always be those who put more fuel on the fire. But at least that would make us get safe from burning ourselves - just as this attack did.

Believe me this is only the beginning. Things can get a lot worse than this. No matter we pull ourselves out or not.
The best defence is offence. I don't have any problem with neo-ottomanism, I even support it. Because Ottoman empire was the peak of our nation. If you want to be recognized in the region, you need to be more than just friendly.
Believe me no figure in the government has acknowledged that, I even say that everything is going according to the plan. If there wasn't something valuable in the bottom, Iran and Russia would have let Syria go.

Do you know what led the Ottoman Empire to its destruction?
*Hint* The very same people Erdogan tries to embrace had a big part in it...

As for Iran and Russia; they are after something else:
- Syria is Russian's only ally that connect them to the Mediterranean Sea and Syria got petroleum.
- Syria is Iran's only friend, or should we call it "little brother", in the whole region. Syria is also what -strategically speaking - connects Iran to their arch enemy; Israel.

No matter if you accept it or not, US is our ally. And allies do things for allies, and that doesn't make anyone ****-digging tool. On the other hand, I would say, it's US that is helping us not we helping US. So does this make them our ****-diggers?

So you mean that we should risk entering a full-blown war with Syria - a war that would be one of the dirtiest in Turkey's history, let me remind - just to please an ally whose help during our hardest times with PKK was a bit... shallow..? Talking about USA; you suspect that USA might be wanting our support in order to indirectly help someone else in our region who is more concerned regarding Syria than us and USA herself? Perhaps, someone who don't have the guts to ask us directly because that that "someone" has not so good ties with us anymore?

Why are you pointing out these nations repeatedly, I don't give half a **** for most of them. Like Bulgaria! it's existence is barely sensed. They have nothing to do with it. I mean arabs.
Look, afghans have a great saying: "You either be a man or woman of a man.". If Turkey wants to be a man, it should act like a man, If Turkey wants to be a woman... well I don't even want to explain it, because I am not okay with it and I hope you are also not okay with it.

So we should feel pain in order to gain the trust and hope of the Arabs? The same guys* that backstabbed your/our beloved Ottoman Empire during our hardest times?
I'm referring to the concerned Arabic nations during that time, and not Arabic people as a whole.

I'm not saying that we should mistrust Arabs or any others, but we need to stop thinking as if we were the best friend of everyone and start prioritizing ourselves instead. Anyone wants our support? Let him gain it. Otherwise that "woman" can go find herself someone else.

Are you suggesting that we should wait until they drop a nuke in Ankara?
Act reasonably, post reasonable comments (not childish comments like "let's get out of syrian tension") and I will keep along.
I am reasoning my arguments but you are not understanding.

Why haven't Warsaw, Stockholm, Helsinki, Tbilisi or Tel Aviv got nuked until today? Add to that the fact that non of them except the first one are members of NATO. Also that a sleeping bear still grows - we can still arm ourselves, that is.

iRANIANs showing their real face in this forum again. Making fun of deaths..

Just wait when U.S drops bombs on Iran. I will be here to make the same statements you made.

And I will also laugh when your country splits in three.
My country will never split in three till the Iranians are alive.But if US attacks us we will split US EDITTTTs in the region in three.Then I would be glad to see you laughing.I don't know since when Israeli child killers have been that kind to innocents?Every retarded understands what they want is not to show their feelings of sorrow.They only want to talk against Iran.Muslims should be united.Who gains the advantage if we fight?If we become enemies?Do you think it is good for Turkey to fight Syria?Or is it good for Syria to bomb Turkey?All of us should be united.Our real enemies are Zionists and of course Wahabies/Salafies.I don't support Bashaar or any other group but I know those sons of the B....(Salafies) are wild animals not human beings.

@BLACKEAGLE @Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa

Can you guys translate what he is saying?

Apparently, this video was recorded by FSA militants across the Syrian border, right after the explosion, as if they knew it was going to happen...

Last edited by a moderator:
He is saying "SAA heavy shelling on Rehaniyah, and the smoke is from this shelling "

Maybe he mistakenly thought it was shelling although it was car bombing.

TurAR: "Apparently, this video was recorded by FSA militants across the Syrian border, right after the explosion, as if they knew it was going to happen"

Apparently they didn't TurAR.. :coffee:

Turar the city was smoking even hours after the bombing.
So there is no reason to believe that they started recording right after the bomb exploded.
And a question to you, if you saw /hear a explosion far away, wouldn't you start recording immediatly?

I can't believe that people come this fast to conclusions based on nothing the video gives as a proof.

Tensions between Turkish citizens and Syrian Arabs:

Syrian conflict nears Turkey, threatening to spark ethnic upheaval

Ethnic tensions among Turkey's ethnic groups and between Turkish citizens and Syrian refugees came to a head after twin car bombings killed 46 people and wounded more than 100 in the Turkish border city of Reyhanli Saturday. The bombings occurred days before Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s planned trip to Washington Thursday to discuss with United States President Barack Obama how to prevent the Syrian civil war from undermining stability in the entire region.

Turkish citizens in Reyhanli shouted at Syrian refugees gathered to aid those wounded in the inferno of the bomb blasts Saturday, telling them to get out of town. Syrian doctors who work in the local hospital were asked to hastily return to their homes and drivers who arrived in the city with cars from Syria were asked to remove their Syrian license plates. The lethal twin blasts quickly drew hundreds of Turkish soldiers and police to the city, which straddles the Turkish-Syrian border, fearing not only an outbreak of violence against thousands of Syrian refugees, but also the eruption a sectarian war in Turkey's Hatay Province.

The province is home to a mosaic of different ethnic groups and languages. Arabic-speaking Turkish citizens live there – both Sunni Muslims and Alawites (who are not identical to Syrian Alawites) – along with Kurds and other minorities. Together, they have lived routine lives for decades, even though some of them view the region as a “stolen” part of Syria, which Turkey annexed in 1939.

Thousands of Syrians have joined the region’s local population in the past two years, adding to the 300,000 to 350,000 Syrian refugees now living in Turkey. Local residents have claimed in Turkish media that the refugees have begun to act as if they control the area, instead of like guests. "They have eaten in restaurants without paying," residents told Turkish media. "They have received medical care at the expense of area residents while Turkish citizens have been forced to wait and they have brought with them the social ills of Syrian society including prostitution and drug trafficking."

The tension between the refugees and residents has thickened as Turkish citizens have accused the refugees, who have unrestricted freedom of movement, of theft and robbery, harassing women and, more fundamentally, upsetting the demographic balance of the province. Most of the refugees are Sunni Muslims, while a large portion of the province's Turkish residents are Alawite, who in contrast with the Turkish government, support the Assad regime and have even held several demonstrations in support of the Syrian regime. Sunni Turkish citizens have claimed that the Assad regime is trying to recruit Turkish Alawites to the Syrian civil war or at least as intelligence agents to report on the movement of Syrian refugees. The result is that the tension and suspicion that characterize relations between the refugees and Turkish citizens have begun affecting relations between Turkish Alawites and Sunnis, contributing to several violent brawls between the two Turkish groups.

The Turkish reconciliation initiative with the Kurdistan Workers' Party, known by its initials as the PKK, has been recently added to this volatile brew. The plan has provoked opposition among nationalistic Turkish elements as well as Kurdish extremists. In line with the plan, armed Kurds began leaving the country, and when the process ends, negotiations will begin regarding the package of rights Turkey's Kurds will receive to strengthen their cultural identity. This plan is perceived by nationalist groups as a Turkish surrender to terror and as "abandoning the blood that was spilled.” They do not believe it will bring peace and tranquility to the country. Within Turkey's ruling Justice and Development Party, many believe these groups have an interest in undermining the country’s stability, as evidenced by the continuing terror activities. Even before Erdogan singled out "Syrian elements" or Syria's intelligence agency, the Mukhabarat, he said someone wanted to undermine the reconciliation process and this person was responsible for the terror attacks.

In the meantime, one of Erdogan's deputies, Besir Atalay, reported that Turkish intelligence already knows who carried out the terror attacks and that they were Turkish citizens not Syrians. This contrasts with a statement by Erdogan's other deputy prime minister, Bulent Arınc, who stated that the identity of the attackers is still being ascertained. But it is not the identity of those who carried out the attack that is important, but who planned the attacks and why. The finger of blame is pointed toward Syria as the party with a direct interest in exporting its own war to its neighbors, particularly Turkey and Jordan, to prove Assad's claim that without him the entire region will go up in flames. But even if this hypothesis is correct, there are more than a few Turkish figures who want to utilize the terror attacks to promote their own political agendas. This is what concerns Erdogan, who is preparing for his trip to Washington Thursday, where he will meet with U.S. Presidents Barack Obama.

Erdogan will try to persuade Obama to expand American involvement in Syria and announce the establishment of no-fly zones on Syrian territory to aid in the creation of sanctuary areas for Syrian refugees. Only in this way, Erdogan thinks, will it be possible to return Syrian refugees from neighboring states and cool off the volcano that is about to blow in Lebanon, Turkey and Jordan. It appears that this time Erdogan will succeed in persuading Obama, given that the American administration has already recognized the need to provide military aid to the Syrian opposition and that the odds are low that an international conference will be convened to solve the crisis, as was jointly proposed by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.

Tensions high as funerals held in Hatay

The death toll has risen to 46 in the twin car bomb attack on Reyhanlı in the southern province of Hatay, Deputy Prime Minister Beşir Atalay has announced today, as the funerals of the victims are being held amid high tensions.

Many residents have already left Reyhanlı after May 11, with most of them temporarily staying at the houses of relatives in other cities, locals have said.

Only funeral houses were full of victims’ relatives and neighbors.

The tensions were very high during the funerals, and relatives of the victims put the blame on officials “for not taking the necessary measures around the border,” as they cursed Syria.

“Nobody likes them,” said a local who survived the attacks about the Syrian refugee population there. Fatih Gül, whose 35-year-old cousin remains missing, said the Syrian refugees were responsible for the attacks. “After the explosions a Syrian’s car was turned upside down here, people beat them,” he told the Hürriyet Daily News. Only three days before the incident a fight had occurred between locals and Syrians at the same place as the cars exploded, he said.

Also some Syrian nationals began moving away from the town since they said they “do not have security of life in Turkey either.”

Mahmud Abdul and his family, who came Turkey three months ago, left the town this morning, saying they would return to Syria through the Kilis border gate.

“The war inside Syria continues, but we are not safe here either, also the locals do not want us, we are being threatened,” Abdul told the Daily News as he was emptying his house.

LOCAL - Tensions high as funerals held in Hatay

I can't believe that people come this fast to conclusions based on nothing the video gives as a proof.

Actually, i have come to a conclusion long before watching any video (go to the first page and find my post) and everything that has happened so far - cencorship on press, how they blamed Assad only 3 hours after the attack, how they catch the perpetrators less than a day, and how the bombers supposedly confessed their relations with Syrian intel - is supporting my claims.

BEIRUT — Turkey said on Sunday that it would step up its efforts to persuade the international community to do more to end the war in Syria, after investigators said they had found evidence that the regime in Damascus was behind the car bombing in a Turkish border town that killed 46 people.

But Turkish officials also made it clear that they do not intend to retaliate for the attack, which has exposed the risks for Turkey in supporting the Syrian rebels battling to topple President Bashar al-Assad.
The massive double bombing in the southern town of Reyhanli on Saturday also injured 155 people in the bloodiest single incident yet of cross-border spillover from the Syrian war. Nine Turkish citizens have been detained in connection with the blast, Turkish authorities said Sunday, and one of them is suspected of being the mastermind.

Interior Minister Muammer Guler told reporters that the nine had ties to Syrian intelligence agencies.

“This incident was carried out by an organization . . . which is in close contact to pro-regime groups in Syria and I say this very clearly, with the Syrian mukhabarat,” he said.

Turkey says bombing suspects are linked to Syria - The Washington Post

Doing nothing? You have the people you have confesions you know Mukhabarat cant scratch thier *** with out orders how many dead must there be before some thing is done?

Actually, i have come to a conclusion long before watching any video (go to the first page and find my post) and everything that has happened so far - cencorship on press, how they blamed Assad only 3 hours after the attack, how they catch the perpetrators less than a day, and how the bombers supposedly confessed their relations with Syrian intel - is supporting my claims.

It is a matter of perception. Since it's still a unrevealed case I can understand that it has great invitation for speculations.

Well you'r right in our own way too.

@BLACKEAGLE @Arabian Legend @Yzd Khalifa

Can you guys translate what he is saying?

Apparently, this video was recorded by FSA militants across the Syrian border, right after the explosion, as if they knew it was going to happen...

"(date of video) Regime forces are shelling the city of Rehaneyah, and here are the pillars of smoke rising from the city"
Dude in the background "What's going on? Is it shelling?"
Dude taking the video "This is results of shelling on the city"
Dude int he background "Seriously? Shelling here? Are you serious? It look like an explosion not shelling man"

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom