What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Indian MMRCA tender stipulates the aircraft must have a production AESA radar and not a prototype. While none of the contending aircraft had an in-production AESA radar at the bidding stage

:what: not even US had in production AESA ? @IND151

Last edited by a moderator:
Now ppl i don't intend to spank the govt but the fact remains that its almost 2014 now and we have no info on mmrca??

1)shouldn't the govt act a bit fast?

2)if the deal is signed in 2014(only if)..............the delivery starts in 2017!!!

3)aren't we acting too foolishly on this??

I request any member with solid info on this topic to clear some confusion

Now ppl i don't intend to spank the govt but the fact remains that its almost 2014 now and we have no info on mmrca??

1)shouldn't the govt act a bit fast?

2)if the deal is signed in 2014(only if)..............the delivery starts in 2017!!!

3)aren't we acting too foolishly on this??

I request any member with solid info on this topic to clear some confusion

well it will be signed just before next years genral elections and rafale will be great but the catch might be that france will give 60 (in the same time as they agreed to give 12)units built in france while rest will be made here and if anything goes wrong then there are chances that american super bug might get the contract thru a wild card entry

There is a 580 page sticky thread for MRCA discussions. Please use that for general discussions, instead of opening new threads.
@Oscar @nuclearpak : Please merge with the sticky.

This is a serious issue............and needs to be discussed here.

time is passing and we have no news!!??

well it will be signed just before next years genral elections and rafale will be great but the catch might be that france will give 60 (in the same time as they agreed to give 12)units built in france while rest will be made here and if anything goes wrong then there are chances that american super bug might get the contract thru a wild card entry

if we have to get so many off shelf then whats the use of tot??

someone needs to clear the air here

This is a serious issue............and needs to be discussed here.

time is passing and we have no news!!??

if we have to get so many off shelf then whats the use of tot??

someone needs to clear the air here
well buddy there will be no TOT it was and it will be an eyewash and thats it tell me why should or why would a company/nation will give away its trade secrets just for a sake of a big order ...think specially when the nogtiating agents are ever ready to be convinced to buy them as per sellers terms by the other means

well buddy there will be no TOT it was and it will be an eyewash and thats it tell me why should or why would a company/nation will give away its trade secrets just for a sake of a big order ...think specially when the nogtiating agents are ever ready to be convinced to buy them as per sellers terms by the other means

i know this buddy
unfortunately fanboys are still blind to this fact.

some fools thought that the aesa that comes with rafale will be used to build indigenous aesa by drdo:omghaha:

and even nowwhen its almost 2014 we haven't decided anything??why??

is france unwilling to give tot?or if we have no money?

by the way can i change the heading of thread???

want to insert has instead of is:undecided:

Russian Missiles for India’s Rafales?”.

Sept 13/13: Weapons. Russia’s Tactical Missile Corporation (TRV) told journalists at MAKS 2013 that they’re negotiating with Dassault Aviation for the possible use of their missiles on India’s Rafales.

India bought MBDA’s MICA air-to-air missiles for its Mirage 2000s, but Rafale-compatible weapons don’t otherwise feature prominently in India’s existing stocks. Unless the partnership develops a Universal Weapon Interface for TRV’s products, and probably modifies a number of the missiles themselves, that kind of integration and testing is expensive. Less expensive than buying new weapons? And what’s the capability payoff? That’s what negotiations, and business analysis, need to determine.

Sources: TRV Products page , via WayBack 2013 | AIN, “Russian Missiles for India’s Rafales?”.

@he-man - India’s Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh told an audience at the recent Paris Air Show that the Rafale deal:

“…is not stuck anywhere. It is the biggest deal of its kind in the world and, of course, a very complex one too. They are talking to HAL and the private sector companies in India as well; so it is progressing…”

another source says...

The Indian Air Force (IAF) is coming up with a contingency plan to procure fighter jets to maintain its operational preparedness in case the medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) deal worth over $15 billion to procure 126 Rafale jets does not go through.

The backup plan will see the IAF opting for 50 more Sukhoi-30 MKI jets to be bought off the shelf from Russia.

@he-man - India’s Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh told an audience at the recent Paris Air Show that the Rafale deal:

“…is not stuck anywhere. It is the biggest deal of its kind in the world and, of course, a very complex one too. They are talking to HAL and the private sector companies in India as well; so it is progressing…”

another source says...

The Indian Air Force (IAF) is coming up with a contingency plan to procure fighter jets to maintain its operational preparedness in case the medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) deal worth over $15 billion to procure 126 Rafale jets does not go through.

The backup plan will see the IAF opting for 50 more Sukhoi-30 MKI jets to be bought off the shelf from Russia.

now this is very serious thing??!!

if IAF is thinking on these lines then there are bottlenecks for sure
@Abingdonboy @Dillinger

IAF has contingencies? Yes. This is one of them? No.

then the above post is farce??

anyways we are faltering with every passing day

and what about tejas yaar??koi to kuch batao aam aadmi ko:omghaha:

September is almost gone and no deal in sight if the deal didn't go through in October then contingencies will be explored

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom