What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither Boeing, as it must till 2015 produce US and Australian F18. No way they could deliver 60 more in a year for India.

Neither Boeing, as it must till 2015 produce US and Australian F18. No way they could deliver 60 more in a year for India.

well bhai what i heared that i told dont underastimate the americans even french are also saying the same thing and it was the french who first came up with the idea but IAF finds F18 better and much cheaper but they are not able to forget the spectra and that is the USP of french

From twitter

Actions de l'utilisateur
Abonné

Guillaume Steuer
‏@G_Steuer
Discussions with #Dassault regarding potential mods to #Rafale contract should be finished by the end of this year, French MoD says.
Voir la traduction
Répondre Retweeter Favori Plus

i'm not understimating them, simply the supply chain is not fit to build so much more planes for a "one shot" contract.

From twitter

Actions de l'utilisateur
Abonné

Guillaume Steuer
‏@G_Steuer
Discussions with #Dassault regarding potential mods to #Rafale contract should be finished by the end of this year, French MoD says.
Voir la traduction
Répondre Retweeter Favori Plus

That's all gibberish for me whats the latest u heard on mmrca deal ?

i'm not understimating them, simply the supply chain is not fit to build so much more planes for a "one shot" contract.

well brother its do opr die for the dassault cause if IAF backs owt now they wont be able to sell the supirior plane to anyone else and will not be able to cover the costs of the program and it might end something like typhoon

That's all gibberish for me whats the latest u heard on mmrca deal ?

The important part is

@ Guru not really for Dassault, 75% of theirbuiness is biz jets. But it would clearly impair Rafale program. I'd say that France and french ar force are more in need then DAssault.

The important part is

@ Guru not really for Dassault, 75% of theirbuiness is biz jets. But it would clearly impair Rafale program. I'd say that France and french ar force are more in need then DAssault.

How many Rafales can Dassault produce within a year, what's its capacity ?

well latest news is rafale will get clearence before nest years elections but if something goes wrong and india thinks of dropping the rafale dont worry then also as USA has made it clear to IAF and MOD that will will diliver 60 F18 within a year and for the rest they might give assembli line to india but forget about Full TOT but they might lift all the strings from the deal and give india the source codes of there radars to sweeten the deal as USA wants India to be power ful enof to post a credibal challence to chinese hegemony in this regeon while on the opposite site they will lift crubs on japan and might allow japan forces to florish and this is good since then japan might sell its hardware to india
I'm sorry but BS. Firstly deliveries within 1 year are all well and good but it's going to take at least double that to set up the requisite training, maintenance and logistics infrastructure in India to support any new weapons type. The IAF would never be foolish enough to go for such ambitious time lines when the end result could be utter disaster. The IAF are proffesional a who understand the complexities of indicting a new aircraft type.

And one of the major selling points of the MMRCA deal was/is the industrial the deal would bring to India's aerospace industry. Such a deal from the US would make this goal redundant.

Then there's the clear randomness to it all- how could the IAF/MoD have planned this govt-govt deal and wouldn't such a deal completely subvert the entire MMRCA selection process and very well open the door for disgruntled genders such as Dassualt, EFT consortium, SAAB etc to persue Litigation against India.

Let's not forget the F-18 FAILED to be down-selected by the IAF on TECHNICAL grounds ie it failed to Meet certain basic crucial technical standards. This is a fundamental failure in my book.

sorry buddy *** have any links to give but have some serious insider source and the latest among it is that india is also looking towards the second hand F18 & F16 of israel , USA and Japan with latest ASEA and wepons & other goodies and there is a rumour that USA might sell all the surplus wepons from afghanistan to india and that means all / 85% rest 10% will be given to ANA and 5% will be taken back or pakistan might get a few items aswell

Once again sheer nonsense. The Indian military is simply not interested in second hand rubbish from America's wars or aged fighters from Israel. India can afford the best and the latest. And just the idea of getting F-16s would have IAF generals in fits of laughter.

What's latest on mmrca deals guys @halloweene @Abingdonboy
My feeling is the deal will be signed sometime in the next 6 months.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Abingdonboy : if you are interested in any rumour mill news the probable sign on the contract will be before 24 Dec 2013.
But I stop believing that after June :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry but BS. Firstly deliveries within 1 year are all well and good but it's going to take at least double that to set up the requisite training, maintenance and logistics infrastructure in India to support any new weapons type. The IAF would never be foolish enough to go for such ambitious time lines when the end result could be utter disaster. The IAF are proffesional a who understand the complexities of indicting a new aircraft type.

And one of the major selling points of the MMRCA deal was/is the industrial the deal would bring to India's aerospace industry. Such a deal from the US would make this goal redundant.

Then there's the clear randomness to it all- how could the IAF/MoD have planned this govt-govt deal and wouldn't such a deal completely subvert the entire MMRCA selection process and very well open the door for disgruntled genders such as Dassualt, EFT consortium, SAAB etc to persue Litigation against India.

Let's not forget the F-18 FAILED to be down-selected by the IAF on TECHNICAL grounds ie it failed to Meet certain basic crucial technical standards. This is a fundamental failure in my book.

Once again sheer nonsense. The Indian military is simply not interested in second hand rubbish from America's wars or aged fighters from Israel. India can afford the best and the latest. And just the idea of getting F-16s would have IAF generals in fits of laughter.

My feeling is the deal will be signed sometime in the next 6 months.

well bro read my first post in this regard they are just rumours doing rounds in corridoars of MOD rest is upto MOD and GOI to decide not me thanks

The important part is

This is a very fair point actually. So a more balanced way of putting it could be this is a do or die contract for the Rafale program and or the military aviation arm of Dassualt.

Dassault is one step closer to signing the MMRCA contract with India after it delivered the first Rafale fighter aircraft in the Lot-4 production to the French Directorate General of Armaments (DGA) last week.

The aircraft is the first of 60 production Rafales, to be delivered with the new Thales RBE2 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar also fitted with next-generation sensors, the new-generation missile launch detector (DDM NG) and the new front sector optronics “Identification and Telemetry.”

The Indian MMRCA tender stipulates the aircraft must have a production AESA radar and not a prototype. While none of the contending aircraft had an in-production AESA radar at the bidding stage, the Rafale delivering an AESA-equipped production aircraft to the French Air Force means that Dassault has met a key condition which should help in the negotiations currently underway prior to signing of the contract.

The inclusion of the AESA radar makes the Rafale the first European combat aircraft to use the Thales-made radar.

In operational terms, the AESA?RBE2/AA (antenna active) radar can track many targets. It also allows a significant ?increase in detection range of enemy aircraft and a significant increase in reliability over previous-generation radars.

In air-to-air mode, a much greater sensitivity makes it possible to?detect smaller targets and detects them earlier. Since the antenna comprises a very large number of active modules, the failure of some of these has no noticeable effect on the overall performance?and reliability of the system.

Dassault will tailor the MMRCA Rafale after the current French Air Force’s Rafale Standard F3 Tranche; the aircraft will use complete weaponry including 60 of which are to be delivered under Tranche 4.

The first such Rafale recently began an extended validation campaign and will integrating the MBDA Meteor BVRAAM’s later this year making it the most powerful of any Rafale.

The Indian Air Force technical team will fly and test this very model once the deal is concluded with Dassault and the production of a first batch of 18 Rafale Hs is launched at Bordeaux-Mérignac.Meanwhile, the newly delivered Rafale will be subjected to flight tests at the Mont-de-Marsan airbase in the coming days.

Dassault Meets Key Tender Condition In Indian MMRCA Contract | idrw.org

Dassault Meets Key Tender Condition In Indian MMRCA Contract

Dassault is one step closer to signing the MMRCA contract with India after it delivered the first Rafale fighter aircraft in the Lot-4 production to the French Directorate General of Armaments (DGA) last week.

The aircraft is the first of 60 production Rafales, to be delivered with the new Thales RBE2 active electronically scanned array (AESA) radar also fitted with next-generation sensors, the new-generation missile launch detector (DDM NG) and the new front sector optronics “Identification and Telemetry.”

The Indian MMRCA tender stipulates the aircraft must have a production AESA radar and not a prototype. While none of the contending aircraft had an in-production AESA radar at the bidding stage, the Rafale delivering an AESA-equipped production aircraft to the French Air Force means that Dassault has met a key condition which should help in the negotiations currently underway prior to signing of the contract.

The inclusion of the AESA radar makes the Rafale the first European combat aircraft to use the Thales-made radar.

In operational terms, the AESA?RBE2/AA (antenna active) radar can track many targets. It also allows a significant ?increase in detection range of enemy aircraft and a significant increase in reliability over previous-generation radars.

In air-to-air mode, a much greater sensitivity makes it possible to?detect smaller targets and detects them earlier. Since the antenna comprises a very large number of active modules, the failure of some of these has no noticeable effect on the overall performance?and reliability of the system.

Dassault will tailor the MMRCA Rafale after the current French Air Force’s Rafale Standard F3 Tranche; the aircraft will use complete weaponry including 60 of which are to be delivered under Tranche 4.

The first such Rafale recently began an extended validation campaign and will integrating the MBDA Meteor BVRAAM’s later this year making it the most powerful of any Rafale.

The Indian Air Force technical team will fly and test this very model once the deal is concluded with Dassault and the production of a first batch of 18 Rafale Hs is launched at Bordeaux-Mérignac.Meanwhile, the newly delivered Rafale will be subjected to flight tests at the Mont-de-Marsan airbase in the coming days.

http://www.defencenews.in/defence-news-internal.asp?get=new&id=1950

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom