What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bregs];4817567 said:
September is almost gone and no deal in sight if the deal didn't go through in October then contingencies will be explored

do u really think it will be signed in october??

i don't...............there is almost pin drop silence here,,,,i think we are trying to cut defence spending for atleast this year.

maybe something will move if situation improves next year

do u really think it will be signed in october??

i don't...............there is almost pin drop silence here,,,,i think we are trying to cut defence spending for atleast this year.

maybe something will move if situation improves next year

Nah its not cut in defense spending but insistence of french in choosing partners for various systems to be co sourced from India so as to make HAL job as assembly line only, this job is proving to be main time consuming

I want to get su-35 with advanced pakfa electronics if at all contingency plan comes into play.........mki is simply not good enough

[Bregs];4817583 said:
Nah its not cut in defense spending but insistence of french in choosing partners for various systems to be co sourced from India so as to make HAL job as assembly line only, this job is proving to be main time consuming

whatever man,,,,,,,they are ******* wasting our time.

when mmrca was announced were french sleeping??
didn't they read the tender??

i am getting annoyed at french for creating such confusions

If because of delay like this, indian elections, change in govt, all taken in account and deal cancelled then french shop closed and India will loose active squardons of IAF till alternative arrangements are made

I feel Indian side is creating more confusions than French side.

I am sure like PC-7 deal, there would be a mix of 100 EF-2000 and 100 Rafael in the IAF deal. For IN I am 100% sure IAC-2 will be of Mig-29Ks...

I am sure like PC-7 deal, there would be a mix of 100 EF-2000 and 100 Rafael in the IAF deal. For IN I am 100% sure IAC-2 will be of Mig-29Ks...

well a mix of 126 rafale and 60 rafale M seems more beleavable to me and as for IAS2 if the rafale gets MMRCA contract then im sure there will be rafale M onboard the IAC2

I want to get su-35 with advanced pakfa electronics if at all contingency plan comes into play.........mki is simply not good enough

I like to see the strategic nuclear force's 40 jets to be as Su-35, since there is commonality with Su-30.

Dear all, I am sure now we all should agree that MMRCA will never being signed and IAF will have to go for multiple options like EF-2000 and Rafales; or may be like nothing going to happen at all. And IAF will have to survive itself with Su-30MKIs and Mirage-2000 with support from Mig-29s and Jaguars.

Don't ever fear of Pakistan, fear of China....

Dear all, I am sure now we all should agree that MMRCA will never being signed and IAF will have to go for multiple options like EF-2000 and Rafales; or may be like nothing going to happen at all. And IAF will have to survive itself with Su-30MKIs and Mirage-2000 with support from Mig-29s and Jaguars.

Don't ever fear of Pakistan, fear of China....

MRCA is on its last stage of getting signed. Most of issues are sorted.

MRCA is on its last stage of getting signed. Most of issues are sorted.

But Sir, we all have heard in the past that India is having some problems regarding the local political issues as well as now Financial issues. More over IAF has some serious issues with quality that HAL used to provide.

All of this seems that IAF might go for 100 EF-2000s and 100 Rafales; may be some 100-160 Grippen NG/100 F-35As. We have been hearing that the next Govt. of India will going to make it happen. As we can clearly see that IAF has put its money on 75 PC-7 and will going to order another 125+ of them in near future... too...

But Sir, we all have heard in the past that India is having some problems regarding the local political issues as well as now Financial issues. More over IAF has some serious issues with quality that HAL used to provide.

All of this seems that IAF might go for 100 EF-2000s and 100 Rafales; may be some 100-160 Grippen NG/100 F-35As. We have been hearing that the next Govt. of India will going to make it happen. As we can clearly see that IAF has put its money on 75 PC-7 and will going to order another 125+ of them in near future... too...

well brother rabit is quite right but if things dont go as planned and there is a change in the givt at centre even then count rafale very much in its onli upto USA that what rabit it pulls owt of hat now since MMS is there for some very serous nagociations in terms of defnce industries if USA is willing to provide joint production of its latest jet engine & ASEA radar Tech then things might turn very good for F18 super bug and given its track record USA might give the diliveries thought unrealistic by many here but thats a distan speculation

yes there will be rafale as MMRCA but bulk will be maid in france

yes india will go ahead with serial production of LCA2,Rafale & FGFA in future and things are already in process and are at a very advanced stage its onli that there are a few hiccups

WITH DASSULT concerned about HALS ability to absorb the technology and maintain the HIGH STANDARDS of RAFALE and india air force worried about FALLING nos of frontline fighters due to mig21/27 RETIREMENT

SIMPLE SOLUTION

GET 48 RAFALES built in FRANCE & DELIVERED between 2016=2020
AND AT THE SAME TIME GET INDIA TO START LICENSE ASSEMBLY FROM 2017-2024 for remaining 78 fighters

WITH DASSULT concerned about HALS ability to absorb the technology and maintain the HIGH STANDARDS of RAFALE and india air force worried about FALLING nos of frontline fighters due to mig21/27 RETIREMENT

SIMPLE SOLUTION

GET 48 RAFALES built in FRANCE & DELIVERED between 2016=2020
AND AT THE SAME TIME GET INDIA TO START LICENSE ASSEMBLY FROM 2017-2024 for remaining 78 fighters

That would require re-negotiating the contract, which means another two years.

Also, Eurofighter would cry foul and claim that they could have given a better financial bid if the numbers to be produced in Europe was different, and demand a new chance to bid.

The best thing to do is to sign this deal as it was envisaged - 18 from France and 108 at HAL, but also pursue the follow on clause of 63 additional units immediately. And get those 63 delivered directly from France, or in a split ratio. That would ensure fast acquisition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom