What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't help Sarkozy in elections. What good would it do now?

The Rafale deal to India would be HUGE for any incumbent president in France. The first export sale of the French bird, huge figures, some employment benifits at home (limited in the Indian deal). One can it underestimate how well this would go down in France.

The m2k upgrade deal was/is small fry in comparison.

The Rafale deal to India would be HUGE for any incumbent president in France. The first export sale of the French bird, huge figures, some employment benifits at home (limited in the Indian deal). One can it underestimate how well this would go down in France.

I was talking about Rafale. Before the election it was chosen as L1, pretty much the winner. Now it has been going on for so long that instead of a sudden pleasant surprise, they would have a breath of relief, few, finally!

I was talking about Rafale. Before the election it was chosen as L1, pretty much the winner. Now it has been going on for so long that instead of a sudden pleasant surprise, they would have a breath of relief, few, finally!

Right, if the deal actually fell through there'd be HUGE poltical backlash.

France says India fighter jet deal negotiations going well

NEW DELHI | Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:57pm IST

(Reuters) - France's defence minister said on Friday negotiations with India to sell 126 Rafale fighter jets from Dassault Aviation (AVMD.PA) were proceeding well, but did not say when the deal would be finalized.
India picked the Rafale for exclusive negotiations in January 2012 after a hotly contested bidding war between rival suppliers. But differences over the industrial role of state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd has delayed the deal.

French Defense Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told reporters he was not concerned about the delay.

Under the deal, Dassault is expected to send 18 ready-made jets, then manufacture the rest in India. Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) will be company's lead partner in the process.

Dassault had earlier expressed doubts about the technological capability of HAL to manufacture such a sophisticated fighter jet.

(Reporting by Anurag Kotoky; Editing by Sanjeev Miglani)

8485549686_fd3b078e55_b.jpg

8484456487_2e76c4d9f1_b.jpg

France cuts Rafale orders, pushes for MMRCA

While negotiations for the MMRCA trudge on in what France is hoping will be the final leg leading to a contract, the country has whittled down orders on the Dassault Rafale amidst pressure on public spending. Sources say that while contract negotiations are indeed in their final phase, there remain significant hurdles to cross before a draft contract agreement is drawn up. France is understood to have sought assurance from the Ministry of Defence (MoD) last month that the contract award would not slip into the next fiscal, but such an assurance was not extended, as there is no legal provision to do so.

All that A.K. Antony told his visiting French counterpart was that India was as keen as France about an early conclusion of the deal, since it was extremely important to the IAF. France’s Dassault has had no choice now, however, but to increase its exposure to exports. It’s other potential customers include Brazil, Qatar, UAE and Malaysia.

SOURCE: SP’s Special Correspondent

how much price has increased after the depreciation of Indian currency. I remember it was 25000 crores in 2010..so how much is it now.??

France didnt cut orders. In the original document it is clearly stated that deliveries are delayed "taking in account export orders". 11 planes per year is still contractual...

@he-man If you have any question regarding Rafale you can ask halloweene here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@he-man If you have any question regarding Rafale you can ask halloweene here.

no man i am convinced about abilities of rafale.............my point was only cost

if we can afford it,we should go ahead

Having lunch with Dassault Vice president the fourth. i will transmit sensible) questions i may not answer by myself, although do not expect revolutionary answers... Feel free to ask.

Man whats the price of the deal actually??media is giving vague figures

2)how much more advanced will be ddm-ng compared to ddm??

3)will the deal be signed in this fiscal year??

4)What comes under purview of tot?

Last edited by a moderator:
Having lunch with Dassault Vice president the fourth. i will transmit sensible) questions i may not answer by myself, although do not expect revolutionary answers... Feel free to ask.

Hi Halloweene,
My query is -->
1. Is the Indian Gov negotiating for 126 fighters or are we going for add-on 66 fighters in the initial order?
2. How is the pricing going to change with additional numbers? (If any)
3. What is the total price of this deal ( rough number like 10 billion Euros etc).
4. Are we getting full version or a scaled down version compared to french air force.
Thanks in Advance...

DDM NG was first delivered for operational testing on Rafale C137 in october 2012. They and are now on serial planes. Of course, Tech specs are specified, but some photos were released.

h**p://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSACckvzQyFMIZ2JYW1_BRCAle_EkhioAWRHgDzD1NKxDP0rmtBlYUAastl

The only official statement we have is it is a "megapixel class" captor.

But if you read carefully flight test by Vianney Riller JR, check the sentence "using spectra AND passive sensors". (talking about his passive shooting in his 6). Btw, he tested a Rafale 04T ;). First delivery to operational squadron (after testings etc) due in October, a "B" version for 1/7 Sqd. Next deliveries will also be mainly B to replace 2000 N of 1/31 "Gascogne".

About signature, the very few outcomes i could have off the line were november to february.

Price? I dont have any clue. I'm only former operational...

India will get more then full version, but a customized version. Initial RFP asked for a HMS, it is now official that there will be israeli stuff in indian rafales, that negociations are on the run to integrate an ARM missile (for K!h31, but unofficially sources also talk about Harpoon). We also know that Indian Rafales will have to built from scratch as they are very different to french ones. All in all, Indian rafales wont be downgraded, but "tweaked" for IN customer.

Rumours say there will be a short self defence missile, aswell as towed decoy. But these are rumours.

About ToT, it is the big issue atm. By issue i dont mean that their is no will for ToT, but one should realize that building a Rafale is 2/3 years long, indludes hundereds thousands parts and 500 subcontrators. Each indian counterpart from the two supplying lines (which was the real story abour RElainace, securing a secind private supply chain) must be audited in order to know when they will be able to supply each part, when, on which plane, with how much help. I wish you a good night.

DDM NG was first delivered for operational testing on Rafale C137 in october 2012. They and are now on serial planes. Of course, Tech specs are specified, but some photos were released.

h**p://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSACckvzQyFMIZ2JYW1_BRCAle_EkhioAWRHgDzD1NKxDP0rmtBlYUAastl

The only official statement we have is it is a "megapixel class" captor.

But if you read carefully flight test by Vianney Riller JR, check the sentence "using spectra AND passive sensors". (talking about his passive shooting in his 6). Btw, he tested a Rafale 04T ;). First delivery to operational squadron (after testings etc) due in October, a "B" version for 1/7 Sqd. Next deliveries will also be mainly B to replace 2000 N of 1/31 "Gascogne".

About signature, the very few outcomes i could have off the line were november to february.

Price? I dont have any clue. I'm only former operational...

India will get more then full version, but a customized version. Initial RFP asked for a HMS, it is now official that there will be israeli stuff in indian rafales, that negociations are on the run to integrate an ARM missile (for K!h31, but unofficially sources also talk about Harpoon). We also know that Indian Rafales will have to built from scratch as they are very different to french ones. All in all, Indian rafales wont be downgraded, but "tweaked" for IN customer.

Rumours say there will be a short self defence missile, aswell as towed decoy. But these are rumours.

About ToT, it is the big issue atm. By issue i dont mean that their is no will for ToT, but one should realize that building a Rafale is 2/3 years long, indludes hundereds thousands parts and 500 subcontrators. Each indian counterpart from the two supplying lines (which was the real story abour RElainace, securing a secind private supply chain) must be audited in order to know when they will be able to supply each part, when, on which plane, with how much help. I wish you a good night.

thanks man..........appreciated

This is nice of you.:cheers:

I read on another forum that, Given the current situation IAF is in, Iaf now wants to Increase the number of Rafales being built in france by another 22(18+22).Is that true? If it is, what is the time frame?

Is there or Will there be a joint venture with India in its mid life upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom