What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
well why not DASSAULT can help us as they are going to launch Neuron UCAV soon

thats why i said they can help in AURA too and one other point i think u missed is rafales resemblance with mirag-2000 easy to operate for IAF and infrastructure ...

thats why i said they can help in AURA too and one other point i think u missed is rafales resemblance with mirag-2000 easy to operate for IAF and infrastructure ...
well check point no 5 & resemblence doent matter but weapon platform matters & operational experience in a similar platform
matters

Aren't there far too many similar threads already ?? Ok the rafale is the L1 - it has not won the contract as of yet (even though it is nearly a done deal)- dont count your chickens before they hatch

Aren't there far too many similar threads already ?? Ok the rafale is the L1 - it has not won the contract as of yet (even though it is nearly a done deal)- dont count your chickens before they hatch
yes but none of them couldnt explain their POvS .& no i dont think rafale cant be denied of this contract as Madam gandhi wont
allow it :lol:

with new engine, I heard IAF is negotiatng for something above F4 with F5 version in keeping mind :smokin:

F5 is a future upgrade where the developments just have started, so all India might want is to participate at certain upgrades. The F5 is meant for 2020 onwards, while MMRCA is meant for 2015, so very different time frames.

dekha bhai log my source was write , now about GE414& isrealy tech +Amarican wepon's too early to say,..Thanks

Engines are not going to happen, since the French would not allow it and by the fact that it might be easier to upgrade the M88 to 90kN, than integrating the GE 414.
Israeli techs might only be the Litening pod and possibly SPICE PGMs, the Mirage upgrade will tell us something in this regard.
US weapons, JSOW or SLAM-ER would be the only weapons that could be useful.

many indian critics are criticizing the deal on ntdv show
they are saying why we choose Rafael when worlds powers are now shifting to 5th gen

It's not many Indians, it's just Ajay Shukla and his points are just hilarious. He still thinks that F35 will be available in 2 to 3 years, he ignored the facts that the air marshal said about F35 wasn't offered for MMRCA, just F16s and F18s and he fails to understand that the F35 wouldn't even fulfill the minimum flight performance requirements of IAF. Be it speed, maneuverability, TWR or G limits, let alone that a licence production or ToT would not be possible. To sum it up, he has no idea what he is talking about and his views are completelly contrary to what IAF or MoD really wants with MMRCA!

IAF went for Rafale because
#1: commanlity with Mirrage

#2: Omnirole...prooved its worth in libiya campain

#3: Spectra prooved its worth in libiya campain

#4: Lower Infrared signature + better stealth

#5: much easy to maintain , as IAF oparates Mirrage 2000

#6: price

#7: french repution of sanction free supply of part's& wepon's

#8: Full TOT withsoucre code's of AESA Radar's

#9: better kick backs

#2.Proved it's Omnirole in Libya?? Are you serious?? They bombed a few defenseless targets and while they did a very good job, it only proved they are good at A2G ( and that too only against old outdated equipment) The term Omnirole or Multi role includes A2A as well which they did not prove.

#3. Same argument as above - Spectra was used against old and outdated equipment manned by undertrained personnel ( The few SAMs which the Libyans had).

#4. How exactly?

#7. The russians also had a reputation of not putting us under sanctions - didnt seem to help them in the competition.

#8. Everybody was providing that - It was part of the initial proposal - you couldnt even participate if you were unwilling to transfer technology.

#9. There are no kick backs in this deal - with 7 unsatisfied countries - all looking for a way to kick the rafale out of the reckoning - they will be sniffing around for even a hint of unfair play to open the competition all over again

The Only reasons to chose the rafale were the 643 parameters which the IAF laid down and with most of which the Rafale complied and being L1

#2.Proved it's Omnirole in Libya?? Are you serious?? They bombed a few defenseless targets and while they did a very good job, it only proved they are good at A2G ( and that too only against old outdated equipment) The term Omnirole or Multi role includes A2A as well which they did not prove.

#3. Same argument as above - Spectra was used against old and outdated equipment manned by undertrained personnel ( The few SAMs which the Libyans had).

#4. How exactly?

#7. The russians also had a reputation of not putting us under sanctions - didnt seem to help them in the competition.

#8. Everybody was providing that - It was part of the initial proposal - you couldnt even participate if you were unwilling to transfer technology.

#9. There are no kick backs in this deal - with 7 unsatisfied countries - all looking for a way to kick the rafale out of the reckoning - they will be sniffing around for even a hint of unfair play to open the competition all over again

The Only reasons to chose the rafale were the 643 parameters which the IAF laid down and with most of which the Rafale complied and being L1

bhaijaan mujh par kyoon bigarte ho?????????

mujhe jo pata chala bata diyaa ab main koi PHD to hoon nahee jo aapke complex qustions ke jawab de paoon ....usne jo line,s kaheen thee wo maine jitna apnee hisab se yaad kar ke bataa diye ....ab bachhe kee jaan loge kya?????????

US of A may have provided them much more than expected :devil:

but sir they were also not willing to give anything worthwhile to show(what netas+babu's +general's show to publick)

samjha karo saaeen ?????????

- Recon role
- Deep Strike
- SEAD
- CAS with LGBs and PGMs
- Antiship strikes
- Tanker roles
- Air superiority role (was deployed over Libya "before" air defence and air force were taken out!!!)

If you can name a single other fighter that was deployed in so many different roles in Libya, I will addmit that Rafale that is not omnirole proven! :)

Not according to US forces, because they stated that the air defence systems was similar to Iraqis and that's why they prefered to strike them with B2 bombers and cruise missiles, before their fighters entered Libyan air space. If it wouldn't be capable, why would the most powerful air force in the world refuse to use their fighters and take the way more costly way to take out the air defences?

#4. How exactly?

Debatable but lower IR signature of the M88 engines, more RAM treatment of the airframe with coatings and sawtooth patterns, smaller size, good jamming capabilities, passive detection and targeting...
...all this adds to beeing less observable like Dassault is calling it.

Because one aim of MMRCA was not to be more dependent on Russian fighters and the reliability of Russia clearly helped them in case of all the Migs, MKIs and in future FGFAs don't you think?

That's wrong, the US didn't offered ToT of critical parts like AESA radars and neither was full ToT or something like that a requirement, nor will be provided by any manufacturer. Only full ToT of certain parts will be provided and while the US might offered full ToT of airframe parts, the Europeans could offer full ToT of AESA radars, or ToT of critical parts like engine or EW systems too. Mig offered similar as well, but these techs hardly were useful for India, since we already get even better Russian techs via MKI and FGFA.

One more reason could be Saudi purchasing Typhoon.. And Pakistan AF's close proximity to Saudi AF will allow them to thoroughly investigate the typhoon in the near future..

i would say india made the right decision by buying the RAFALE

The Rafale is good....no doubt...........but I am just skeptical about the Rafales that the HAL will manufactore after tech transfer....I hope they dont start falling out of the skies.....

The Rafale is good....no doubt...........but I am just skeptical about the Rafales that the HAL will manufactore after tech transfer....I hope they dont start falling out of the skies.....

That's completely unnecessary worry, IMO.. Are the SU-MKI's falling out of the sky..

Its gonna be great with half of the money invested in India.. a complete WIN-WIN situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom