What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you react so offensively ?

Do you know what is NUCLEAR DETERENCE ?

And do you really think that this treacherous government of India has any stomach to even launch a cruise missile, let alone flex its nuclear deterrence?

Bro, we have nuclear deterrence for last 14 years and that has done nothing to Chinese or Pakistani belligerence on either side of the border. I don't know about which state you're from, but ask those of our people who are from bordering states on either side. There is always some or the other military tension here. Most of it is hushed up by this cowardly government and hence everybody thinks it is all sweet and peaceful. Nothing of that sort.

Apart from being from a border state, I also have a significant number of men in my family serving in armed forces. Trust me, as any NE person (there are 4 more apart from me here). You will know it.

many indian critics are criticizing the deal on ntdv show
they are saying why we choose Rafael when worlds powers are now shifting to 5th gen
i think they are wrong
life spin of Rafael is 40 years which mean more delay in future programs

What those stupid idiot critics dont realise is that India has already been working with Russia for the 5th gen Pak-fa .

when it is about international affairs and defence related matters Indian electronic media is one of the worst in the world . Everyone with a brain ignores them .

boss my source told me that Iaf wanted commonality in its main fleet & he also said if GE414 is fitted on Rafale it will increase its service ceiling+ it will be able to carry a havier load without any changes in feul consomption & talks are already on for that as french had used GE enginen in its earler tests of rafale.....?????

Intresting if this comes true as the GE414 is a really good engine in my view.

boss my source told me that Iaf wanted commonality in its main fleet & he also said if GE414 is fitted on Rafale it will increase its service ceiling+ it will be able to carry a havier load without any changes in feul consomption & talks are already on for that as french had used GE enginen in its earler tests of rafale.....?????

Woa! Rafales with GE414s! Why? French engines are very reliable and require very little maintenance. BTW I have a friend living in Dubai who told me about the MRCA plan that IAF has. During 2009 air show, the French exhibit told him that the Rafales that we will buy will have an uprated M88 engine by around 20% more thrust and better service ceiling.

Rafale can already carry a full payload with no problems at all. The enhancement will make it even more lethal.

Plans For Further Rafale Upgrades Emerge | AVIATION WEEK

Although much of the focus is on a potential mid-life upgrade (MLU) that is still several years away, development activities to prepare the technology would have to start significantly sooner. Potential radar cross-section (RCS) improvements are under consideration, as are equipping the fighter with additional radar arrays for greater spherical coverage and adding thrust vector control to the two M88 turbojets. The MLU configuration is not expected to emerge until around 2025.

Long-range planning is possible because many of the core capabilities deemed necessary for the domestic user and potential export customers are now nearing the end of development. With the F3-04T standard, which is due for delivery in 2013, the Dassault Aviation Rafale will receive its active, electronically scanned array RBE2 radar, developed by Thales; an improved missile-warning system (the DDM-NG); and upgraded forward-sight optronics. Qualification of those elements is due for completion in mid-2012 with delivery anticipated in 2013, says Stephane Reb, program manager for French defense procurement agency DGA.

We can upgrade the fighter even with Thrust vector later if we wanted to

With the F3-04T standard, which is due for delivery in 2013, the Dassault Aviation Rafale will receive its active, electronically scanned array RBE2 radar, developed by Thales; an improved missile-warning system (the DDM-NG); and upgraded forward-sight optronics.

hope India getting all these new systems. :)

With the F3-04T standard, which is due for delivery in 2013, the Dassault Aviation Rafale will receive its active, electronically scanned array RBE2 radar, developed by Thales; an improved missile-warning system (the DDM-NG); and upgraded forward-sight optronics.

hope India getting all these new systems. :)

Yep we will be getting it also with the F3-04T standard it's a sweet deal

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Potential radar cross-section (RCS) improvements are under consideration

In future we can even lower the RCS and if we added thrust vector engines that would be like Super Rafale i mean lol

Yep we will be getting it also with the F3-04T standard it's a sweet deal

---------- Post added at 08:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Potential radar cross-section (RCS) improvements are under consideration

In future we can even lower the RCS and if we added thrust vector engines that would be like Super Rafale i mean lol

I think that refeuling probe on the nose of the rafale is the biggest sore point , it should be made retractable like those in F-16's & MKI's...what say??????????

I think that refeuling probe on the nose of the rafale is the biggest sore point , it should be made retractable like those in F-16's & MKI's...what say??????????

Ya it's a real eye sore that I would change it for sure its damn ugly!!

Our colleagues at Air & Cosmos report that the French government is funding a demonstration of improved stealth technology for the Dassault Rafale fighter, with a focus on active cancellation techniques. The story itself is not online but is being discussed at the Key Military Forum.

Active cancellation means preventing a radar from detecting a target by firing back a deception signal with the same frequency as the reflection, but precisely one-half wavelength out of phase with it. Result: the returned energy reaching the radar has no frequency and can't be detected.

FDtLZ.jpg

How come u fight proverty if u cant provide security first?

what has that got to do with security? you're putting a band-aid on someone so you look to see if there aren't any predators around ?

Jeezz..Stop Confusing Between Poverty And Defence!! Hate It When Certain Members Comment -- That Money Should Be Spent On Poor. Take A Look At Current IAF Strength--The Only Fighter Which Stands Out Is The MKI...The IAF Was In Desperate Need For A Platform Like Rafale.
In An Growing Economy, Money Is Regulated To Meet Different Needs-- Needs Such As Education,Defence,Poverty,Rual Development.
If Money Is Spent On Defence.. It Doesn't Mean We Are Ignoring Education, Poverty Etc.

Rural Housing Scheme, PDS System Etc Have Been Implemented By The Govt Involving Crores Of Money. Now How Would It Look If I Say... Instead Of Spending On Poverty ..Money Should Be Used For Education?? Same Logic Applies To Defence..It Is As Important As Poverty Etc.

So we shouldn't buy these rafales ?

It's not late, we can refuse

And these 11billion $ could reduce the poverty in india
These rafales Will not be used against any country, so why buy it?
Kindly start this thread or discuss it on Economic section if you want to talk about poverty.

---------- Post added at 02:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

Jeezz..Stop Confusing Between Poverty And Defence!! Hate It When Certain Members Comment -- That Money Should Be Spent On Poor. Take A Look At Current IAF Strength--The Only Fighter Which Stands Out Is The MKI...The IAF Was In Desperate Need For A Platform Like Rafale.
In An Growing Economy, Money Is Regulated To Meet Different Needs-- Needs Such As Education,Defence,Poverty,Rual Development.
If Money Is Spent On Defence.. It Doesn't Mean We Are Ignoring Education, Poverty Etc.

Rural Housing Scheme, PDS System Etc Have Been Implemented By The Govt Involving Crores Of Money. Now How Would It Look If I Say... Instead Of Spending On Poverty ..Money Should Be Used For Education?? Same Logic Applies To Defence..It Is As Important As Poverty Etc.
Leave it yaar, more we answer more it will fuel the discussion and will derail the thread.

9 factors that may have helped Dassault sell its Rafale fighter this week | idrw.org
++
9 factors that may have helped Dassault sell its Rafale fighter this week

Many global arms industry observers were
surprised this week when the Indian Air
Force announced that it had chosen French
firm Dassault Aviation as its preferred bidder for a
roughly $11-billion deal to supply India with 126
jet fighters. After all, despite 12 years of heavy
sales bombardments all over the world that
sometimes even included the president, only
theFrench air force has ever actually bought the
Rafale.
The deal isn’t done yet – the French have just
won the right to an exclusive negotiation – but it
is close enough that shares in Dassault shot up
by 20% the day of the announcement.
So how did Dassault finally pull it off? And not
just any deal, but what some say is the biggest
cross-border military aviation contract of all time?
Of course, the Indian government said it went to
the low bidder, but that seems unlikely –
particularly since the final price hasn’t been set,
and no one picks up jet planes just because
they’re on sale.
The Deal
French firm Dassault won $11 billion contract to
supply 126 Rafale jets.
Snapped it up with lower bid
against Eurofighter Typhoon aircraft.
The size of the contract could eventually go up to
200 aircraft.
The Aircraft
Rafale is a twin-engined, delta-wing jet Can fly up
to 2,130 km per hour in high altitude.
In service for the French Air Force since 2006.
Has been playing air support roles in Afghan war
Part of Nato campaign in Libya in 2011.
The Company
Dassault family is the majority owner. EADS, a
co-producer of competing Typhoon, owns 46%
of the equity.
The company has delivered 7,500 civil & military
aircraft to 75 countries.
Dassault came close to selling aircraft to Brazil and
Switzerland, but failed to secure a contract as yet.
UAE was reportedly in final negotiations to buy
60 Rafale in June 2010, but drama unfolded when
Eurofighter Typhoon was allowed to submit a
counter-offer.
French defence minister gave an ultimatum that
Rafale production would be halted if the jets could
be sold abroad.
And The Snag
The file containing the offset proposals of
contenders went missing in December 2010.
Later found on the roadside in south Delhi. The
episode threatened to derail the tendering process
itself.
Others in the race
Six contenders were subjected to extensive field
evaluation trials.
Four aircraft eliminated last year on technical
grounds were American Lockheed Martin’s F-16
and Boeing’s F/A-18, Russian United Aircraft
Corporation’s MiG-35 and Swedish SAAB’s Gripen
With billions on the table, and the national
security at stake, the French plane must have
edged out the multi-national Eurofighter for a
number of reasons. Nine possibilities:
A BETTER LUNCH
Of course, nobody makes an important decision
for the food, but the prospect of hanging out in
Bordeaux, home of the Dassault assembly line,
instead of Halbergmoos, Germany, couldn’t have
hurt. On the one hand, you’re in the heart of the
French wine country, in a rich and sunny part of
France. On the other, you’re in cold, grey Bavaria,
facing a few years of sausages, sauerkraut, and
beer served in mugs the size of small aquariums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom