What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

thanks for the very informative post.

dose that mean that $20 Bil what will be the coted cost every where will actually incurred over the period of the entire lifr of the plane & not what needs to be paid on the final delivery of the plane.

thanks for the very informative post.

dose that mean that $20 Bil what will be the coted cost every where will actually incurred over the period of the entire lifr of the plane & not what needs to be paid on the final delivery of the plane.

as per other article,

20 billion will include other small deals,may be arms purchases

if it includes the spares for the lifetime with the wepons, well i supose its not that bad.
also we are discussing from the start of the fascility setup for maintenance & inetial training of the technicians & pilots

but if it excludes all of this i will say leave all this & go for Gripan NG $20 Bil is a huge amount.

........who will take care for teh depreciation of INR ....??
Cost of MMRCA will only increase with time....
Only F-16 prices are comming down....

Put a break on these logical posts as Safriz has allready made it clear in his post #215 that he's here to troll.:)

OOOHHHH man ......
i was expecting at least 15-20% price differnce. if the lifecycle cost did turn out to be same as this (mear 5% diff) i will shift my vote to EF.
whats the use of all the available infrastructure & experiance with MIRAGE2000. also they are having commanality with the wepons.

OOOHHHH man ......
i was expecting at least 15-20% price differnce. if the lifecycle cost did turn out to be same as this (mear 5% diff) i will shift my vote to EF.
whats the use of all the available infrastructure & experiance with MIRAGE2000. also they are having commanality with the wepons.

But still Rafale is a complete machine with a working AESA and mature strike capability.

If the difference is less than 5 percent then Eurofighter is sure to win.

Stupid French, always jacking up prices.......I wanted Rafale to win but the French has royally screwed the chances of happening. I was expecting the price diff. to be of 15 to 20 %.

Either the French were too greedy or the EF guys lowered their prices.

Either way well played Eurofighter.

I want Rafale to win but it seems now we have to be happy with EF.............sad :tdown:news........indeed.

You money hungry French.............you built a beautiful plane......but don't know how to market it.........................now go and screw yourselves..........stupid !!!!

:angry:

rafale has its own advantages.

1.single manufacturer

2. close political ties with France

3. similarity with mirage 2000 which is known for 90% sortie rate

Go for Rafales. Also would be good for navy in additional acquisitions.

But still Rafale is a complete machine with a working AESA and mature strike capability.

But question is - are we inducting the planes today to fight today or, future..We have waited more than 8 years fo these..If another 1 year delay means Better product, then i say we should go for it..

However best option is to scuttle the deal completely and concentrate on home developed options...

rafale has its own advantages.

1.single manufacturer

2. close political ties with France

3. similarity with mirage 2000 which is known for 90% sortie rate

But if price is not a factor then EF has an edge.

1. Meteor
2. Taurus
3. Powerful Engine with possibility of TVC
4. Aesa with more modules and higher range. (Remember EF's nose is bigger)
5. Most Imp. : TOT ( with source code) much more than Rafale.
6. Partnership with EADS.
7. Goodwill of Four countries.

I still want Rafale which gives us an option for nuclear Platform. But the signs are clearly indicating an EF win.

If I had the power, Rafale would have flown in IAF colours...............but alas.........the French have screwed the chances of that happening. The price advantage of Rafale has been dented.............so............EF has the advantage.

i dont understand why people here hate eft only thing they lack is a operational aesa radar and some air to ground capabilities which they are saying to provide afterwards have some faith we will induct them not before 2014 and by then these issues would be sorted out...anyway i dont think that we are going to war any time soon.....and at last if the difference in cost is mere 5% than eft makes more sense.

But question is - are we inducting the planes today to fight today or, future..We have waited more than 8 years fo these..If another 1 year delay means Better product, then i say we should go for it..

However best option is to scuttle the deal completely and concentrate on home developed options...
exactly we are not going to do war next day once we acquire MMRCA jets ,so if we could get a more advanced product by waiting one or 2 more yr then it is worth waiting .,:D

^^ofcourse india should wait more....so that flying saucers with laser guns are available to be inducted in IAF ;)
Eurofighter wont be enough for india's future wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom