What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
You expect the cash strapped EU to transfer their orders to Indian production facilities..loosing their local jobs.. :tup:

Its good if we can finish off 100+ fighters orders in 2 years, or maybe 5 years or 7 years starting from 2017, the time we have already starting to induct FGFA in IAF.

Good thinking.:hang2:

"Pivotal" player among 7+ odd different people or the second pivotal player among 2.

Choose the correct answer.

A cash strapped EU includes France.

Euro Fighter has offered co-development. When it comes to all or nothing and they hinge on Indian orders they are willing to go the extra mile.

You never know how many we can produce if a local manufacturing setup takes shape. Remember, the offset clauses need not be through HAL!

Pivotal player among 7 given inessence the main players UK and Germany desperately want this deal. Being a second fiddle among 2 where the main player is unreliable is a no no.

this is big "boss 5" of the fighter jets.....

and shows the complete inability of indian defence mechinery to reach a decision.....

Can you read a 1000 page article of two fighters bids stating all the costs of spares, life cycle and all other technical in a days time.

If yes you must be a genius.

A cash strapped EU includes France.

Euro Fighter has offered co-development. When it comes to all or nothing and they hinge on Indian orders they are willing to go the extra mile.

You never know how many we can produce if a local manufacturing setup takes shape. Remember, the offset clauses need not be through HAL!

Pivotal player among 7 given inessence the main players UK and Germany desperately want this deal. Being a second fiddle among 2 where the main player is unreliable is a no no.

But it has nt affected the programme.

I just need a simple answer from all EFT fanboys.

At war times would India may like supplies from 1 country or 5-6 ones?

Just answer that one.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Sir are you saying that the Brazilian airforce wanted the Rafale as their 1st choice? btw i might be new here but i have also been keeping up with defence tenders.

Leaked report: Brazilian air force 'wants Gripen'

Remember it was more a politicial deal on why the PM wanted to go for the Rafale but the airforce wanted the Gripen.

Doesnt that article clearly says "its due to the costs" and not capabilities.

Well we are ok with costs thats why Gripen has been shown the doors.

Anyway the result of the MRCA will surely be reflecting on other fighter procurements, just wait and watch.:pop:

Can you read a 1000 page article of two fighters bids stating all the costs of spares, life cycle and all other technical in a days time.

If yes you must be a genius.

i wont take 6 years either.

You failed to understand my point that I said the Brazlian airforce wanted the Gripen as their 1st choice and Rafale was a political move more to do with the technology provided by France for their N sub.

Of course this is nothing to do with MRCA but i wanted to correct you senior members :P

The Folha de São Paulo newspaper reported that the air force's F-X2 procurement programme committee has ranked Saab's Gripen NG as its first-choice candidate for the deal, initially for 36 aircraft, due to its lowest acquisition and operating costs

Yes Maruti 800 is always cheaper than BMW and is preferred for the cash strapped.

But it has nt affected the programme.

I just need a simple answer from all EFT fanboys.

At war times would India may like supplies from 1 country or 5-6 ones?

Just answer that one.

India produces [read manufactures from raw materials and blue print] the SU 30 MKI from nose to tail including the radar and the engine. If India cannot get ToT + source codes, then it is $11 Billion down the drain. We might aswell cancel the deal and focus on Tejas, FGFA and PAK FA. India should have the capability to manufacture 90% of the spares if not all. Also France is a lot less reliable when compared to Germany or UK.

The Gripen NG offers the best opportunity for collaboration and a cost conscious but high performance option. The Super Hornet offers high performance without the potential for co-development. Professional evaluators continue to be unimpressed with the Rafale's capabilities despite France's willingness to transfer all relevant technology and aggressive high-level political support for the sale.

Read again it is not only cost but the best fighter for the Brazilian airforce and if the PM wanted the Rafale and was willing to fund it why they wanted a 'lower cost' fighter? mmm perhaps because the Rafale is not worth the extra money i should think

No point discussing Gripen NG. It is out and not coming back.

End of story.

The Gripen NG offers the best opportunity for collaboration and a cost conscious but high performance option. The Super Hornet offers high performance without the potential for co-development. Professional evaluators continue to be unimpressed with the Rafale's capabilities despite France's willingness to transfer all relevant technology and aggressive high-level political support for the sale.

Read again it is not only cost but the best fighter for the Brazilian airforce and if the PM wanted the Rafale and was willing to fund it why they wanted a 'lower cost' fighter? mmm perhaps because the Rafale is not worth the extra money i should think

Yeah yeah... thats why they were shown the doors....

I cant believe you are repeating it again and again ..

Im speaking about the Brazil tender not MRCA and just making my point to seniors

I understand what you posted just saying that Gripen NG is a closed chapter in Brazil as well as India.

Asking again the same question.

At war times would India may like supplies from 1 country or 5-6 ones?:pop:

good morning have a nice day and congs to all for refale dears so you guys select mirage-5000 for this contract ?;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom