What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes as i suggested.. more years to enhance it capabilities.
Yes reduction in orders and developments due to financial crisis. Its like buying from somebody who is broke .
For starters the EFT TVC is no where and its not part of the deal.
And Meteor comes in Rafale too.
AESA in 2015.. lol.. Rafale will come with an AESA from 2012 if chosen.

Rest is just fanboyism with "will" and "and's"

Like i said above it is a myth there is no further development for the EF just read about the Eurofighter Typhoon Helmet Mounted Symbology System btw this has been offered to India. As for AESA the EF will get a operational AESA from about 2015 onwards and it will be superior to RBE2-AA so why settle for 2nd best ? when you can wait a while and get the best which is the EF

Bids open for fighter aircraft, likely to be a political call - Indian Express
------
-------
While the French Rafale came out to be slightly cheaper than the European Consortium’s Eurofighter in terms of ‘fly away cost’ per unit, as expected, the difference was less than 5 per cent. This throws the competition open.
-------
:blink:[/SIZE]

If the difference is less than 5 percent then Eurofighter is sure to win.

Stupid French, always jacking up prices.......I wanted Rafale to win but the French has royally screwed the chances of happening. I was expecting the price diff. to be of 15 to 20 %.

Either the French were too greedy or the EF guys lowered their prices.

Either way well played Eurofighter.

I want Rafale to win but it seems now we have to be happy with EF.............sad :tdown:news........indeed.

You money hungry French.............you built a beautiful plane......but don't know how to market it.........................now go and screw yourselves..........stupid !!!!

:angry:

Like i said above it is a myth there is no further development for the EF just read about the Eurofighter Typhoon Helmet Mounted Symbology System btw this has been offered to India. As for AESA the EF will get a operational AESA from about 2015 onwards and it will be superior to RBE2-AA so why settle for 2nd best ? when you can wait a while and get the best which is the EF

Nothing new from what i have read in the forum for more than 15 months.

Lets wait they seriously start producing Tranche 2 or atleast Tranchee 3 from the initial orders first.

The Helmet mounted and the AESA superiority has been better explained by sancho in the same thread.

Second best? on what? We are looking for Multi role. So far Rafale has scored more on multi role capabilities.

We are still arguing EFT will be good "one day". By that time rafale will move to the next level.

Yes as i suggested.. more years to enhance it capabilities.
Yes reduction in orders and developments due to financial crisis. Its like buying from somebody who is broke .
For starters the EFT TVC is no where and its not part of the deal.
And Meteor comes in Rafale too.
AESA in 2015.. lol.. Rafale will come with an AESA from 2012 if chosen.

Rest is just fanboyism with "will" and "and's"

Are you for a minute saying the Euro fighters promoters are more broke than France ? Check again !

Germany and UK are the most important players and they back the Euro fighter.

It seems French are showing the 'attitude' again (read the cancelling of Sarkozy-MMS meeting at the last minute)

Are you for a minute saying the Euro fighters promoters are more broke than France ? Check again !

and spain italy are bankrupt and choosing f-35 including britain.
so who is going to use t3??only india:rolleyes:

It seems French are showing the 'attitude' again (read the cancelling of Sarkozy-MMS meeting at the last minute)

Who knows who is showing attitude ! Let us not just assume based on penny journalists who read everything in to anything.

Are you for a minute saying the Euro fighters promoters are more broke

The order cuts suggests so. They are backing it until December and backing off after that.

Their are still funds to be allotted to development and thankfully some has been for the AESA as reported last week.

They are hedging big on our orders to further develop everything including the non starter naval version.

And apart from the committed orders we wont see even the production countries buying anything and are now competing each other to transfer their orders to others as seen by done by UK on saudi's.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

MMS doesnt know much about Rafale .. he knows only about Raul..

and spain italy are bankrupt and choosing f-35 including britain.
so who is going to use t3??only india:rolleyes:

Austria, Germany, UK and Saudi Arabia

India will be a development partner if it chooses the Euro fighter and they may offer to part with sensitive technology and setup manufacturing centers in India not just for Indian fighter requirements but for themselves too. This will bring down cost and for India we learn a good lot. It is a significant win win.

:cheers:

Rafale move to the next level? :lol: thats a good one Spark when it is the EF that will be multi role in the near future but the Rafale can never change it's skin it will be inferior to EF and the Indian airforce know it already.

Its just common sense...

EF will do this in future, EF will do that in future..lol

Since Dassault has done everything, what will they do in future ? Drink chai and play kabaddi for their rest of their lives?

Also to quote from sancho

UAE (no other competitior) 60 x fighters
Swiss (according the evaluation, the best fighter) 22 x fighters
Brazil (prefered by all governmeant officials, but too costly for them at the moment) 36 + 24 for the navy, + possibly up to 100 for the air force
Malaysia, Kuwait, Qatar...,

EF at the moment has only chances in Japan, Malaysia and Qatar, although reports say it was rejected in Japan (not official yet) and the chances in Qatar are very low, since they operate the Mirage 2000 too. It should be obvious which fighter has a brighter future in regard to exports.

Isn't the lingering deal resulting into price hike due to inflation and other factors .... i mean the MRCA program started some good ~5 years ago but till today its not been finalised ....and if you look at the price you have to pay now and compare it to the one that could have been paid 3-4 years back ,there would be a good difference .......Its good to test the aircrafts and study the deals thoroughly as some may argue ....but it had many draw backs too ....two of them are more price and delay in retiring of old fighters resulting into loosing many lives..... if you compare the cost vs benefit .... one may have different conclusions .....for some pilot lives and tax payers money is more important than i would personally say the lingering test and studies of the competing aircrafts....for some it may be other way round ..... Some may argue that IAF has much money to spend so no worries....but still no matter how much money you got doesn't mean you have no obligations to the tax payers or the nation ....

The order cuts suggests so. They are backing it until December and backing off after that.

Their are still funds to be allotted to development and thankfully some has been for the AESA as reported last week.

They are hedging big on our orders to further develop everything including the non starter naval version.

And apart from the committed orders we wont see even the production countries buying anything and are now competing each other to transfer their orders to others as seen by done by UK on saudi's.

It is better to be a pivotal player than to play a second fiddle. If in your opinion both the fighters are good, then look at the current financial crisis at a temporary phenomena. These fighters will be around for the next 4 decades and it is better to bet on a fighter that is backed by many countries than to put all the eggs in one basket and feel sorry later.

Dont get me wrong. I am a Rafale fan but the french are not good in keeping up commitments especially after the deal is once signed and the ink goes dry. I have friends in GTRE and I have heard enough about the french.

Austria, Germany, UK and Saudi Arabia

India will be a development partner if it chooses the Euro fighter and they may offer to part with sensitive technology and setup manufacturing centers in India not just for Indian fighter requirements but for themselves too. This will bring down cost and for India we learn a good lot. It is a significant win win.

:cheers:

You expect the cash strapped EU to transfer their orders to Indian production facilities..loosing their local jobs.. :tup:

Its good if we can finish off 100+ fighters orders in 2 years, or maybe 5 years or 7 years starting from 2017, the time we have already starting to induct FGFA in IAF.

Good thinking.:hang2:

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

It is better to be a pivotal player than to play a second fiddle. If in your opinion both the fighters are good, then look at the current financial crisis at a temporary phenomena. These fighters will be around for the next 4 decades and it is better to bet on a fighter that is backed by many countries than to put all the eggs in one basket and feel sorry later.

Dont get me wrong. I am a Rafale fan but the french are not good in keeping up commitments especially after the deal is once signed and the ink goes dry. I have friends in GTRE and I have heard enough about the french.

"Pivotal" player among 7+ odd different people or the second pivotal player among 2.

Choose the correct answer.

Sancho was wrong i quoted him already on this that the Brazilian airforce wanted the Gripen not the Rafale you can read my earlier post.

Anyway the Indian airforce know EF is better we shall see who wins :D

I've been following the Brasil order for quite some time now. I rather believe the articles from all those years rather than a post by Vimana.

Indian airforce has clearly stated its favorite by the words of retired and serving pilots. You may not like what they have stated.:tongue:

this is big "boss 5" of the fighter jets.....

and shows the complete inability of indian defence mechinery to reach a decision.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom