What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 3PM today, the final stage of India's largest defence deal, for new figher jets

I m still confuse whether today they tell about final winner or just open bid and then later decide a wiinner?

just ans in one word,

Today or Later

Today 4 Nov A Navy Day.

New Delhi: India's ministry of defence will open commercial bids on Friday for an $11 billion contract to buy fighter jets for the Indian Air Force. The tender for the supply of 126 medium range, multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) has now moved to the final stage with two European contractors, Eurofighter and Dassault, shortlisted as the final choices for the order.

Both sides have submitted their commercial terms and conditions, including pricing and under Indian competition rules the lowest bidder will secure the contract.

The MMRCA tender, invited bids from American, Russian and Swedish contractors as well, but these offerings were rejected in April.

At the meeting, scheduled for today, the final bids will be opened in the presence of supplier representatives. According to defence ministry sources it may take another fortnight atleast to go through the bid documents to determine the final winner.
:hitwall::hitwall:

The Eurofighter consortium has offered the Typhoon fighter. This is a four-nation consortium of EADS, representing Germany and Spain, Britain's BAE Systems and Italy's Finmeccanica

The other short-listed finalist, French Dassault, has offered its Rafale fighter.

domain-b.com : Commercial bids for $11bn IAF fighter jet order to open today

rafale_ag.jpg

Eurofighter%252BTyphoon_002.jpg

Fellow Indians,

Lets roll! :)

Europe will get Good News either way.

Whatever the winner then purchaase minimum one squardan of other.....? To satisfy members of PDF. ha...ha......!

hopefully will get to know who is leading......hope for the best.

PAF have shown interest in Rafale and i have the same opinion, Pak will not purchase EF and so we should go for Rafale and in this way we won't have to see the fight between Rafale and EF but if we will go for EF PAF will purchase a couple squadron of Rafale. We can also see Gripen entering in PAF's portfolios.

R u thinking like this Sir?
Showing Interest is not enough. many other factors require to be considered.

Bl[i]tZ;2252348 said:
New Delhi:

:hitwall::hitwall:

Fellow Indians,

Lets roll! :)

Well just fortnight time not much more require to see bid with all conditions. The plane gives more things is also need to be considered.

The bid only not important but against price what they give.

Mercedise benz in 15-20 lakhs better than 15 lakhs Scoda.

typhoon is going to make this one......my instinct is saying this.

A fortnight is okay if on 16th days we get to know the winner.

PAF will not buy Rafale either even Rafale lost out from MRCA competition.

but i am 100% sure that if india goes for Eurofighter france will not loose any opportunity to find new customer

PAF already have rejected Rafael. Rafael and EFT doesn't suit there doctrine.. They prefer Single Engine fighters. F16, J10B, F35 and Grippen are the machine Pakistan would be interested into...

Euro-fighter might be a better plane but considering indian Scenario Rafale is is well suited
1. if india chooses Euro-fighter then pakistan can go for Rafale while if india chooses Rafale then it will be very hard for pakistan to purchase Euro-fighter as pakistan has to deal with multiple countries including USA and given current image of pakistan its highly unlikely ans as far as china is concerned chiana cannt get any one of these plane
2. Euro-fighter is expensive compared to Rafale thus in curent economic scenario its really hard for pakistan to go for expensive toys like Euro-fighter
so if India selects Euro-fighter India will block both planes for Pakistan
as f18 and Mig-35 already out of scope of Pakistan thus they are left only with options like Gripen ans Chinese plane but again in case of Gripen pakistan will have to deal with many european cuountries which is again a hard nut to crack for pakistan

Please come out of Pakistan centric defence deals... we are not buying any of them for PAF... 70% of MMRCA will be stationed near North-east..

i hope both the deals are exorbitantly expensive . :D

i hope both the deals are exorbitantly expensive . :D

me too........

after 6 years of the declaration of the contract, i fear that the actual deal might have got doubled (inflation is the major contributer)

PAF are no position to reject $100m fighter planes

They are flying obselete F7 & MIRAGES which is 30 year old technology in 75% of the time.

They are replacing these with low cost budget THUNDERS costing $20m each ie a fraction of the cost

They are not in position to buy luxury high end fighters like typhoon or rafale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom