What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
its confirm its rafale on tech terms only the price bids await

Indians seriously need to look at their procurement methods
Dude its not a small procurement program, such deals take time but i agree with you. If only the defence ministry would be filled with personnel from armed forces we will get proper and timely results. IAF completed the whole test and compiled a whole report and gave it to MOD last year and after that they had to explain all the technical details to bureaucrats just because they had no idea what the whole report was about.

If MOD would have been filled with personals from all the 3 services the deal would have been inked by the end of 2010 itself. I hope somebody makes these changes also we should put somebody from armed forces in the Cabinet and CCS also alongwith a seat in both houses of Parliament so as to give voice to Indian armed forces.

The final commercial bids in India's medium multirole combat aircraft (MMRCA) competition will be opened today at the country's Ministry of Defence. Representatives from Dassault and EADS Cassidian will be present at the process. \

Everybody hold their horses..hope, media will get a clue about this..

This magical date of Nov 4th has been spouted about but what does it actually mean? Sealed bids will be opened? We still are unlikely to hear anything for a while as this is to be done behind closed doors and kept relatively quiet (of course I except the same speculation we always get). And anyway I hear the "benchmarking" process can take quite some time as it is incredibly complicated to do.

All I'm saying is (whilst I wish the opposite were true) we still won't have a much clearer idea of outcome of MMRCA this time tomorrow.

hope we would know if anyone is leading.....media where are you?

The final commercial bids in India's medium multirole combat aircraft (MMRCA) competition will be opened today at the country's Ministry of Defence. Representatives from Dassault and EADS Cassidian will be present at the process. \

whether winner will be decided today or after bid decision will be taken on parameters.

Euro-fighter might be a better plane but considering indian Scenario Rafale is is well suited
1. if india chooses Euro-fighter then pakistan can go for Rafale while if india chooses Rafale then it will be very hard for pakistan to purchase Euro-fighter as pakistan has to deal with multiple countries including USA and given current image of pakistan its highly unlikely ans as far as china is concerned chiana cannt get any one of these plane
2. Euro-fighter is expensive compared to Rafale thus in curent economic scenario its really hard for pakistan to go for expensive toys like Euro-fighter
so if India selects Euro-fighter India will block both planes for Pakistan
as f18 and Mig-35 already out of scope of Pakistan thus they are left only with options like Gripen ans Chinese plane but again in case of Gripen pakistan will have to deal with many european cuountries which is again a hard nut to crack for pakistan

Euro-fighter might be a better plane but considering indian Scenario Rafale is is well suited
1. if india chooses Euro-fighter then pakistan can go for Rafale while if india chooses Rafale then it will be very hard for pakistan to purchase Euro-fighter as pakistan has to deal with multiple countries including USA and given current image of pakistan its highly unlikely ans as far as china is concerned chiana cannt get any one of these plane
2. Euro-fighter is expensive compared to Rafale thus in curent economic scenario its really hard for pakistan to go for expensive toys like Euro-fighter

How U come on conclusion that pakpurchase or european sale Rafale or EF to pakistan sir?

they r on fc 1 & j 10 only.

Absolute right but right now its not so. pak has already f 16 and going to purchase only fc 1 & j 10. so hard to believe they expence for these stuff.

moreover france or EF countries will
not sale it as chance that china copy the same.

At 3PM today, the final stage of India's largest defence deal, for new figher jets

Absolute right but right now its not so. pak has already f 16 and going to purchase only fc 1 & j 10. so hard to believe they expence for these stuff.

moreover france or EF countries will
not sale it as chance that china copy the same.
but i am 100% sure that if india goes for Eurofighter france will not loose any opportunity to find new customer

pak had gone for mirage and f16 in past
PAF have shown interest in Rafale and i have the same opinion, Pak will not purchase EF and so we should go for Rafale and in this way we won't have to see the fight between Rafale and EF but if we will go for EF PAF will purchase a couple squadron of Rafale. We can also see Gripen entering in PAF's portfolios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom