What's new

Dassault Rafale, tender | News & Discussions [Thread 2]

80 Aircrafts is to be inducted in how long? Apart from that when will the airframes for Egypt's 2nd order start going out?
The UAE first delivery is intended in 2027.
End in 2031 if I remember well, so nearly 15 birds each year.

You wouldn't happen to know via a French source if the 30 Egyptian Rafales are F3Rs or F4s? Having a friendly debate with a good friend of mine who says they're F4s while the timing and news that we have so far suggests they're F3Rs. We're also hoping that they're right about the Meteors being included with this batch. Any idea?
The first 24 Egypt Rafale, F3-O4T at the beginning, are keen to be upgraded to F3R (I don't know if it is the case or not), and as they are from older batch only able to be F4.1 upgraded (as main french air force ones).
The 30 ordered in 2021 are natively F3R, so they can be upgraded to F4.2

Indonesian 6 Rafale order is F3R
Indeed. It is, so far, the best variant FOC.
All birds made before Qatar ones (ie incuding the first Egyp order) can be "easily" upgraded to F4.1
All the others (Qatar, India, 2nd Egypt...) are F34 so upgraded easily to F4.2

F4.2 intend to come with new hardware, and some frame modifications.

Indeed. It is, so far, the best variant FOC.
All birds made before Qatar ones (ie incuding the first Egyp order) can be "easily" upgraded to F4.1
All the others (Qatar, India, 2nd Egypt...) are F34 so upgraded easily to F4.2

F4.2 intend to come with new hardware, and some frame modifications.

What is the different between F 3R and F4.1/4.2 ?

What is the different between F 3R and F4.1/4.2 ?
new radar modes, new SPECTRA modes maybe with GaN SPECTRA antennas, far more connectivity (F35 like), integration of 1000kg Hammer bomb, new MICA NG (with 2 boosters), new auto diagnostic tools for the whole plane (specially on M88), and specially for France (not the Indian or Qatar case) integration of a new targeting helmet.

But F4.2 will pave the way for futur improvements. Some say side looking radars, multi sector infrared and optical sensors, more stealth.... economically (and maybe technically) impossible on F4.1 dedicated for older frames (not the Indian case, because all birds delivered with F3R from the beginning are F4.2 ready).

1652167584486.png

Not again - what the heck what MRCA then?
A total waste of Indian taxpayer funds only to repeat it again?
Not a new one per say. This will kind of simplify the procedure for OEMs, making ToT of core technologies less stringent and more about the manufacturing processes.

Plus leaves the Government away from any allegations of partiality in choosing a particular company for assembly.

A new RFI won't go out. It will just affect the next stage.

Confirmed report 54 Rafales off the shelf will be bought and 60 will be built in India

other jets won't be picked

Rafales will be built in India along with french snecma engines

Confirmed report 54 Rafales off the shelf will be bought and 60 will be built in India

Needs more confirmation than a random Youtube channel i am afraid.

Needs more confirmation than a random Youtube channel i am afraid.
News will take time these are insiders rafale is sure winner and 54 off shelf will be bought remaining reliance defence and dassault will manufacture in India I'm giving news ahead of time and any article soon you will hear there might be variation in numbers but Rafales are the choice mark my words

News will take time these are insiders rafale is sure winner and 54 off shelf will be bought remaining reliance defence and dassault will manufacture in India I'm giving news ahead of time and any article soon you will hear there might be variation in numbers but Rafales are the choice mark my words
It's a logical choice cost wise. India has already paid for ISE upgrades, so when Chosen, money won't be required for any India specific changes , but other platforms will need it. Additional basing infrastructure for 36 more Rafales already exists, so some cost is reduced there also. Initial training costs will also be cut down. Further Dassault already has a facility in India, so it has edge there also cost wise.

It is all about the cost. 36 off the self purchase in 8+ billion USD pretty much ensures all the one time costs are already paid for. So when Dassault goes into tender, its bid will obviously be lower than any other western counterpart.

But then again, nothing concrete has happened till now.

It's not confirmed. Unfortunately....

Back
Top Bottom