What's new

Dalit Women's Aspirations in Bangladesh

Status
Not open for further replies.
hnCi

World Development Indicators (subset) - Google Public Data Explorer

Yes the guy is indeed sick. But let's just ignore. You and me both know the whole purpose of the thread is mud slinging, they care two hoots for Dalit empowerment, but let me remind you the golden word - if you fight with pig, you get dirty, pig enjoys.

Mr. Abir mind your language... before posting... If posting video from reputed news channel make people mentally sick then what you will say to the people those who practice such activity and those who try to defend them????

Waiting for your clear cut answer... n ask your kinetic whether he condemn such practice and culture or not... which even came to the attention of reputed news media...

N it does not a matter whether we care about dalit or not... but the news came to a british news media... n it clearly states that life of the dalits are changing in bd... here in bd people does not look at people based on rece, colour, religion or cast like india... that is the reason communal tension always remain high in india...

Look at your face in the mirror before posting any crap... N mind your language before posting...

Mr. Abir mind your language... before posting... If posting video from reputed news channel make people mentally sick then what you will say to the people those who practice such activity and those who try to defend them????

Waiting for your clear cut answer... n ask your kinetic whether he condemn such practice and culture or not... which even came to the attention of reputed news media...

N it does not a matter whether we care about dalit or not... but the news came to a british news media... n it clearly states that life of the dalits are changing in bd... here in bd people does not look at people based on rece, colour, religion or cast like india... that is the reason communal tension always remain high in india...

Look at your face in the mirror before posting any crap... N mind your language before posting...

You don't worth a reply, but I'll still try.

Those video are not related to the topic in hand, so the sole purpose of you posting those video are mud slinging. You don't have even a tiniest idea of what Indian culture is, neither you have an idea of your culture. I can post hundreds of videos which show BD equally if not in more nasty color, but that would be stooping at your level.

I try to be polite to you all, but with no avail. You don't look upon people with racist approach just because you don't find people to look at. I'm sure you'd have proved biggest racist, had the situation been otherwise. The report says Dalits are discriminated badly in BD and now some individual trying to uplift them. At least in India the state actively have been engaging in empowerment of Dalits.

Republic of India doesn't recognise any faith, so the question is moot. There are other aspects of different faiths which are questionable as well, do we held BD as responsible because majority of Bangladeshi belong to particular faith?

I'm not claiming India is cleaned of it, I was talking about my state only; however India being cleand or not is not at all related to the empowerment of Dalits in Bangladesh.

The effort of one particular individual is laudable, but let the BD member to laud her first, as far as I see it they are more busy at posting youtube videos which put India in bad hue. One can but wonder the intention behind opening this thread.

1. No one is blaming entire India for untouchability (though its a fact and you all responsible for it for keeping a mum over it and getting
angered whenever anyone mentioned this inhuman practice)

2. Since you were expressing profound grief over cast based discrimination in BD it was sounding amusing that your country has more grave situation due to same issue and you were sounding as if BD is worst .

3. you reconginse any faith or not the fact is untouchability is already there as part of Hinduism

I thought castism is social evil only within hindus. Is not bangladesh a predominantly muslim country?

Anyway, good to see dalits being uplifted.
Are there dalits in pak too, can any pak member tell me?

1. No one is blaming entire India for untouchability (though its a fact and you all responsible for it for keeping a mum over it and getting
angered whenever anyone mentioned this inhuman practice)

2. Since you were expressing profound grief over cast based discrimination in BD it was sounding amusing that your country has more grave situation due to same issue and you were sounding as if BD is worst .

3. you reconginse any faith or not the fact is untouchability is already there as part of Hinduism

More bull, let me dissect.

1. I'm not sure how blaming India comes to the equation. Dalits are discriminated in India, India's fault; dalits are discriminated in Bangladesh, fault of Bangladesh. It's as simple as that.

2. Perhaps you should check the topic in hand and be able to reason with me expressing grief over Dalits in Bangladesh. If the topic was about Dalits in India, I'd have been to the point as well.

3. Yes it could be, then Bangladesh should express concern to Hindus living in Bangladesh. We are not thakedar of Hinduism.

You don't worth a reply, but I'll still try.

Thank you so much sir for your reply... I am really glad that you replied me... even I do not worth a reply...

Those video are not related to the topic in hand, so the sole purpose of you posting those video are mud slinging. You don't have even a tiniest idea of what Indian culture is, neither you have an idea of your culture. I can post hundreds of videos which show BD equally if not in more nasty color, but that would be stooping at your level.

Yes partly... but the reason for posting the videos to show the backward culture and practice in many part of India and to support eastwatch bros post.

If you want to post any video related to social issue please open a thread and post it... Let us see whether we are aware of it or not... If not then it would be better to take care of that one...

But post from credible sources .. not from any propaganda news outlet..

I try to be polite to you all, but with no avail. You don't look upon people with racist approach just because you don't find people to look at. I'm sure you'd have proved biggest racist, had the situation been otherwise. The report says Dalits are discriminated badly in BD and now some individual trying to uplift them. At least in India the state actively have been engaging in empowerment of Dalits.

Bangladesh has 12% minority people ... you are still saying we have no people to look at in a racist manner...???

Just look at India.. how communal riot and tension remain high in all parts of India... what is the percentile of christians in India but still they are not immune from this racial hate... in india...

Just look at the following news... how radicals hindus promote hate, terrorism and target minorities in India...but you will not see any such event in bangladesh and pakistan...

OpEdNews - Article: Swami Aseemanand exposes Hindu terrorism

Go n check what was bangladesh's gdp and pakistans gdp up to 1971.... n also of the India...

Do you think that you can lie and put BS for everything? :rolleyes: This is the GDP of India, Pakistan and BD from 1950 to 2009.....

723wjc.jpg

I have already talked about it couple of times... but still saying it you again... at first compare per capita gdp of india and bangladesh on 1971....

after 1971 not a single infrastructure of bd was intact...pakistan removed all the gold and currency reserve and to destroy bd economy they have changed the currency.... n bd started with only 35 dollar reserve... n from this position bd has come to this position has done well in many field ... even compared to india and paksitan based on UN report...

Even based on latest The super cycle report by Standard chartered bank bangladesh will be the 5th largest graduate producing country in the world by 2030... in terms of tertiary education for 15- to 65-year-olds...

see the page 70 of the report under the title creativity...

http://www.standardchartered.com/me...documents/20101115/The_Super-cycle_Report.pdf

If any one compare with the total population this number for bd will be 1.5 times higher than India...

:lol: Where did you got such number of 1.5 times? What is that? Where did they mention BD?

Did you read what I wrote or your only purpose is just trolling like a looser child.... who asked to add bd to Pakistan...

Your lie about GDP is busted already now don't make further embarrassment of your self with fakes.

but what ever the matter bd and pakistani people does not practice such backward and immoral...activity like indian do...

Don't wanna talk about Pakistan where but BD is the most backward country in South Asia in terms of everything, per capita income to science ad technology.

Bangladesh has 12% minority people ... you are still saying we have no people to look at in a racist manner...??

Well may be because they look at you in a racist manner.

More bull, let me dissect.

1. I'm not sure how blaming India comes to the equation. Dalits are discriminated in India, India's fault; dalits are discriminated in Bangladesh, fault of Bangladesh. It's as simple as that.

No one blamed India but the practice of those culture by the Indians... Bd people does not want any dalit system ... this is as simple as that.... BD people will be more happy to abolish dalit system as it is some sort of racism... human right violation... but it is part of hinduism.. So, hindu people need to take 1st initiative.. n they are taking ... it will be abolished once and for all... then bangladesh will be in a good position to concentrate on the dalits of India....

2. Perhaps you should check the topic in hand and be able to reason with me expressing grief over Dalits in Bangladesh. If the topic was about Dalits in India, I'd have been to the point as well.

This is inter related thread.... dalit system mainly practiced in India.... if it is abolished from there... then it will be abolished from all other places...

3. Yes it could be, then Bangladesh should express concern to Hindus living in Bangladesh. We are not thakedar of Hinduism.

As I said before bd people has concern for each and every citizen.... n bd is taking initiative to abolish it... it may hurt some right wing hindu... but it does not a matter...

If India is not a thekadar of hinduism them why your politicians are wanting to give citizenship of bangladeshi hindu of India??? and want to expell bengali muslim saying they are bangladeshi when they are Indian...

Do you think that you can lie and put BS for everything? :rolleyes: This is the GDP of India, Pakistan and BD from 1950 to 2009.....

723wjc.jpg

Go and look per capita GDP.... thats what I talked about.... up to 1971 India had lower gdp then bd and pakistan and even china had lower per capita gdp then bd up to 1971 war....

GDP (per capita) (1970) by country

:lol: Where did you got such number of 1.5 times? What is that? Where did they mention BD?

Look at the number for bd in the page 70... by 2030 bd will have around 180 million to at best 200 million people and India will have 1.47 billion people and do the math... it is even higher then 1.5... it will be in between 1.6 to 1.78 times if you take in to account the whole population...

Your lie about GDP is busted already now don't make further embarrassment of your self with fakes.

I posted the link above.. check it... I have talked about per capita gdp... india was much poorer then bd... we still look India at that prism... only due to 1971 war we have suffered the set back... but we are recovering fast... Indias per capita gdp only able to become high due to that 1971 war then bd and pakistan... the war also had a bad effect on Pakistan... but it took india 2002 to cross pakistan in terms of per capita gdp....

Don't wanna talk about Pakistan where but BD is the most backward country in South Asia in terms of everything, per capita income to science ad technology.

lol... go n check the report... Bangladesh has done better than India and Pakistan in womans education, child mortality, life expectancy...birth control and many more... transition period of Bangladesh will require much lower time then that of India due to its small size... that has been reflected in the Super cycle report... asking you again look at page 70... under the title creativity in the year 2030... up 2010 bangladesh is not there in the top 10 but in 2020 it will be in top 7 and in 2030 it will be top 5...

Position of bd will be higher than countries like Brazil, Indonesia, Pakistan, Nigeria, Mexico, Russia, Germany, UK, south Korea, Philippines.

see the transformation...

Last edited:
Go and look per capita GDP.... thats what I talked about.... up to 1971 India had lower gdp then bd and pakistan and even china had lower per capita gdp then bd up to 1971 war....

GDP (per capita) (1970) by country

What a liar!!!! He earlier said that it is GDP and now it became GDP per capita!!!!
:rofl:

Look at the number for bd in the page 70... by 2030 bd will have around 180 million to at best 200 million people and India will have 1.47 billion people and do the math... it is even higher then 1.5... it will be in between 1.6 to 1.78 times if you take in to account the whole population...

Now he went to 2030!!!! This is just 2010!! :lol: By 2030 India will have GDP per capita much more higher than current appr 2.5 times that of BD due to much higher growth.

I posted the link above.. check it... I have talked about per capita gdp... india was much poorer then bd... we still look India at that prism... only due to 1971 war we have suffered the set back... but we are recovering fast... Indias per capita gdp only able to become high due to that 1971 war then bd and pakistan... the war also had a bad effect on Pakistan... but it took india 2002 to cross pakistan in terms of per capita gdp....

Pre1971, India also had more per capita income than Pakistan for some years. We developed because of our potential but you are not. Your development solely based on foreign labors and concessions. There is nothing get some excuse of 1971 war because after that 40 years passed and you are still the most backward in the region.

india was much poorer then bd... we still look India at that prism...
:rofl: But you still ask for duty free access to our market! You are the poorest in this region after Nepal. As I said BD has the lowest per capita after Nepal though get all sorts of concessions for everything!!!!

lol... go n check the report... Bangladesh has done better than India and Pakistan in womans education, child mortality, life expectancy...birth control and many more... transition period of Bangladesh will require much lower time then that of India due to its small size...

BD did better in some indicatives but still behind of India and Pakistan in HDI!!! lol You get all sort of help as a poor country.

that has been reflected in the Super cycle report... asking you again look at page 70... under the title creativity in the year 2030... up 2020 bangladesh will not be there even in to 10... but in 2030 it will be in top 5...

see the transformation...

Transformation needs higher growth rate but you are not near us than how will the transformation will come? No scientific and technological growth. No notable MNC like Tata or ADAG etc!!! Expecting more aid and concessions? lol

What a liar!!!! He earlier said that it is GDP and now it became GDP per capita!!!!
:rofl:

I meant about per capita gdp... ask your abir we had a broad discussion about gdp ... illegal migration and other stuff... so he did not pick any issue here... n I have shown you indians about the reality... n I guess you agreed the fact that India had a much lower gdp then bd .. ohh forgot per capita gdp...

Now he went to 2030!!!! This is just 2010!! :lol: By 2030 India will have GDP per capita much more higher than current appr 2.5 times that of BD due to much higher growth.

Are we talking about per capita gdp here... I have talked about creativity and number of graduate which bd will produce in 2030... and its ratio with total population... India will be much lagged behind... than bd... according to the report.. n I guess you will not dis agree with the fact that educated population is one of the main driving factor of countries growth...

Pre1971, India also had more per capita income than Pakistan for some years. We developed because of our potential but you are not. Your development solely based on foreign labors and concessions. There is nothing get some excuse of 1971 war because after that 40 years passed and you are still the most backward in the region.

lol... even now foreign remittance play a big role in Indian economy and you are talking about it for Bangladesh... in 1990s India only sustained economy through this foreign remittance...

What Indias capability you are talking about.... is it not cheap call center business... you people even can not speak properly over there... try to pretend you are there in usa, canada, uk or in australia where as you sit in india...

Only in IT india has done some development... but countries like bd vietnam, indonesia are not far behind... due to law cost many countries are coming to bd... even your indian companies are out sourcing obs...

:rofl: But you still ask for duty free access to our market! You are the poorest in this region after Nepal. As I said BD has the lowest per capita after Nepal though get all sorts of concessions for everything!!!!

Are you Indians not begging for free transit??? Transit is more important for india then free transit for bd... even if you do not give free transit we will capture your internal RMG market... none of your local company can not stop it... how much your country provided free transit... 8 million pieces of cloths... it is ust like peanuts what we import to EU, USA or japan...

Reality is that India needs bd more than bd needs India... if we do not get free transit how much it will matter to bd... but if india does not get transit...then how much it will affect india and specially in NE part... your NE india is begging for bds investment as its development depends on bd...

Similarly nepal and bhutan also asked help from bd to end their slavery of india by using mongla and chittagong sea port..

BD did better in some indicatives but still behind of India and Pakistan in HDI!!! lol You get all sort of help as a poor country.

It will be higher in the coming decades if we can continue the present trend...

Transformation needs higher growth rate but you are not near us than how will the transformation will come? No scientific and technological growth. No notable MNC like Tata or ADAG etc!!! Expecting more aid and concessions? lol

same old crap... you are talking as if India is scientifically high tech country....as per usa... TATA ... ADAG all those companies came in to existance in the early 1900... where as up to 1947 bd had only one textile mill in its present border n that is mohini textile mills.... n what is tata or adag those came in to todays position after many decades.... may bd companies are doing better and has the potential to become big 1s in coming decades... so this is not a matter of comparison...

Growth is always not the issue... look at south korea... did not grew at 8 to 10 % rate but it transformed much quickly then china... transformation does not necessarily means only higher per capita gdp.... but developing of the all segment of the society....

Look at India... it will still have a significant amount of poor people due to big in size but bd is expected to reduce poverty to 0 in between 2020-30 time line... this is called transformation... same also goes to the education and other development....

ust look at Iraq what it was before 1990 and what it is right now... iraq will require couple of decades to go back to its previous position
despite it has a high amount of oil... bd has undergone the same situation of iraq in 1971... when it got independence there were no infrastructure intact... economy collapsed... famine broke out... from that sort of situation bd came to present position... here 4 decade is not a big issue.. by this time neither india or pakistan has suffered any such set back... but we have the potentiality to develop more n it will happen... if you troll and like it or not...as after 2030 indias growth will be slowed as chinas growth is slowing right now and bd will still continue to develop at a much faster rate even beyond that time...

20 million dalits from Bangladesh threaten to embrace Islam

Dr. JYOTIRMAY MANDAL, P-241, PRIYANKA NAGAR, RAJHARSH COLONY, KOLAR ROAD, BHOPAL - 462 042

As a result of partition and "independence" of India, Pakistan is created and given to the Muslims as their homeland. Consequently, Hindus, who were original inhabitants of the territory demarcated and allotted to Pakistan, had to leave their ancestral home and take shelter in the new-born "independent" India. The process of migration of Hindus from West Pakistan to India was rapid at the very beginning and almost all the Hindus from W. Pakistan came to India before the constitution of India came into force. However, the "Hindus" of East Pakistan were reluctant at the initial stage of "independence" to leave their ancestral homeland and very few had come to India before the constitution was made. But they gradually changed their mind and started migrating to India believing their Hindu brethren in India. The migration of "Hindus" from East Pakistan continued for long in many phases. Both the "Hindus" and Muslims fought together to liberate East Bengal from the Punjabi-dominated Pakistan and finally with the aid of Indian troops East Bengal was liberated and Bangladesh came into existence. But the problems of "Hindus" were not solved. Of those who migrated from East Bengal (now Bangladesh), 90% are Untouchables and that is why they have not yet been granted Indian citizenship. They are over 20 millions. They had to leave their homeland thinking they are "Hindu". Had they embraced Islam, they could have lived peacefully in Bangladesh and as a governing class. Believing that they are Hindu they came to Hindustan and have become objects of Hindu tyranny. The Hindu rulers of India declared them as illegal migrants and not permitted to attain Indian citizenship. For the Bengali Untouchables it was a jump from frying pan into fire. I have said this in DV many times but Hindu the stone- heart does not melt.

The Hindu brothers of India are so hostile to our people that a Hindu organisation of Assam had challenged the Illegal Migrants (Determination by Tribunals) Act 1983, in the Supreme Court. In 2003, the BJP Govt. brought a Bill to amend the Citizenship Act to deprive the Bengali migrants of East Bengal (now Bangladesh), who are Untouchables, the Indian citizenship. L.K. Advani initiated the Bill. Bengali Hindu leader Pranab Mukherjee supported it. This is how the Hindu leaders of India treated us as enemies.

The Supreme Court in its judgment on IMDT Act has poured petrol on the burning fire. The verdict on the is clearly anti-Dalit. The court has not deeply thought of the impact of its judgment on the mankind as a whole.

Over 20 millions of Bengali-speaking "Hindus" of Bengal origin have been made destitute, homeless gypsy. What offence these people have committed to mankind has never been explained by any of the authorities for which such a drastic action against them has been directed to be taken. The court makes over 20 million persons destitute for the sake of Hindu religion. Hindu religion has turned 20 million people to be destitutes and foreigners in India. If the govt. implements amended Citizenship Act and Supreme Court's direction to detect illegal migrants, these people of Bengal origin, who lost their land for the sake of political gains to a micro-minority of Hindu and Muslim communities, will lose their very natural rights as human beings. Hence if a community or class of people, who have already lost their ancestral homeland due to religious clash and partition of country as political solution are not granted citizenship of the country they took shelter in, to save their lives and religion, they will become outcast of the civilized humanity. They may turn to anarchy as a result of the thoughtless, arrogant and despotic enactment of parliament and merciless judgment of the Supreme Court. If the govt. sticks to the policy of depriving these millions of people, majority of whom are Dalits, from citizenship of India, they may revolt against it and endanger to Hindu religion itself. They will hold Hindu religion and Hindu rulers responsible for their distress. They may even renounce Hinduism and embrace Islam to gain support to establish their right.

DV May 1, 2005 p.22: "Conspiracy against Bengali Dalits: 2-crores facing genocide?".

link:

Dalit Voice - The Voice of the Persecuted Nationalities Denied Human Rights

BD per capita GDP was always higher than India before 1971. Following independence people witnessed their buying power went down substantially and rather rapidly. Thats one of the reason many people despised AL after independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom