What's new

CX-1 is weak for China, PLAN warship equip VLS-launched YJ-18 supersonic ASM

@SvenSvensonov Bro, what u think about new YJ-18 ATM ? It's a VLS launched ATM, as far as i know YJ-18 is subsonic at first/middile flight, supersonic attack close to water line at the end flight, rumors said YJ-18 range 300~400km (no official).

YJ-18 like 3M54E
View attachment 156431

Stop playing with people's emotions here.
yj-18 is simply different from brahmos.

U cannot compare being supersonic at terminal hase with fully supersonic one as any good SAM having 70-100 km range will shoot it before it enters that phase.

Not saying yj-18 is bad,its just not comparable hence a moot comparison.

U cannot compare being supersonic at terminal hase with fully supersonic one as any good SAM having 70-100 km range will shoot it before it enters that phase.

I only point out here, the Chinese building supersonic missiles in China like cooking a piece of Chinese cake ... so if necessary, China can build different types of supersonic missiles to any foreign customer, not only for PLA.

Now i will leave the supersonic away, coz next-gen anti-ship missile still will be a stealth subsonic missile by U.S/Russia/China, the supersonic missile just our tech backup and have many missiles better than the CX-1.:-)

I only point out here, the Chinese building supersonic missiles in China like cooking a piece of Chinese cake ... so if necessary, China can build different types of supersonic missiles to any foreign customer, not only for PLA.

Now i will leave the supersonic away, coz next-gen anti-ship missile still will be a stealth subsonic missile by U.S/Russia/China, the supersonic missile just our tech backup and have many missiles better than the CX-1.

We are not napping here,not as advanced vs china obviously but good enough to make china think 10 times before any misadventure.

We already have brahmos for years now and in next 5 years will have hypersonic brahmos in collaboration with russia.

So good luck to china for its missiles but we have the capacity to retaliate if need arises,no need for dick measuring.

We are not napping here,not as advanced vs china obviously but good enough to make china think 10 times before any misadventure.

We already have brahmos for years now and in next 5 years will have hypersonic brahmos in collaboration with russia.

So good luck to china for its missiles but we have the capacity to retaliate if need arises,no need for dick measuring.
LOL ... more strong China we r, less Indian trollers everywhere. U see in this thread i didn't compared YJ-18 to Brahmos,only to CX-1. Except YJ-18, also has YJ-12, YJ-xxx ... we will sell them to many foreign customers like China sell C-803,C-802 and C-705 etc missiles.

The CX-1 was designed as an afterthought for the international export market. China simply does not use most of the weapons shown at Zhuhai Air Show. There is no evidence the PLA is even remotely interested in the CX-1.

If you want to worry about a cruise missile, worry about this one.

HN-2000 text 1.JPG

Pakistan ,Bangladesh ,Nepal, srilanka, bhutan ,etc

dear fellow,you've to quote me to let me know that you quoted me.or else,I'd be unable to answer you..now,let discuss this....

Its a VLS launched Cruise Missile.None of the above states have ships of that configuration and already operates multiple kind of ASHMs.Bangladesh possibly not going to operate this as they decided to buy Russian Sub,possibly a KILO which will inevitably bring KLUB in Bangladesh.Sri Lanka doesn't operate DDG/Frigate/Submarine and its Flagship is Indian 2nd Hand OPV modified to launch light ASHMs.Sri Lanka,Pakistan & Bangladesh operates C-802 from their Frigate.

C-802_anti_ship_missile.JPG

as the report suggests,this KLUB variant is having larger range and possibly even heavier and integrated with DDG.so,until China integrates it with some other ships and all the above mentioned states buy it,there is no possible sale for now.also,China may find it difficult to sale as KLUB will be there as a contender with an impeccable record for so many years and having so many users.

Having a supersonic profile does not necessarily mean that a particular missile has any better chances of defeating modern air/missile defenses than a subsonic one. The technical reasoning behind this is explained a few threads back. Subsonic missiles like the future LRASM and NSM are likely to capitalize on novel methods of defense evasion, such as stealth, which gives it an advantage against existing systems that are almost universally geared towards defeating high-speed missiles such as the BrahMos, CX-1, or Yakhont. Notice how countries like the United States have relied almost exclusively on subsonic missiles, even though they are perfectly capable of developing supersonic ones, as demonstrated in their production of target drones with similar performance as the BrahMos/CX-1.

Having a supersonic profile does not necessarily mean that a particular missile has any better chances of defeating modern air/missile defenses than a subsonic one. The technical reasoning behind this is explained a few threads back. Subsonic missiles like the future LRASM and NSM are likely to capitalize on novel methods of defense evasion, such as stealth, which gives it an advantage against existing systems that are almost universally geared towards defeating high-speed missiles such as the BrahMos, CX-1, or Yakhont. Notice how countries like the United States have relied almost exclusively on subsonic missiles, even though they are perfectly capable of developing supersonic ones, as demonstrated in their production of target drones with similar performance as the BrahMos/CX-1.

wrong concept sir..first,Brahmos,as far as I know is highly evasive.and the advantage of speed gives less reaction time compared to subsonic missiles.the concept behind KLUB/YJ-18 is similar.last SPRINT phase is to defeat the SAM/CIWS using speed.it has nothing to do with reducing evasive manuvarability of the missile.most of the ASHMs has high AOA.Sea Skimming+Supersonic+High AOA is the profile of these supersonic ASHMs.

wrong concept sir..first,Brahmos,as far as I know is highly evasive.and the advantage of speed gives less reaction time compared to subsonic missiles.

subsonic ones do the same thing just in a different way, it has less heat signatures and while using stealthy casing it also gives less reaction time to the defenders

the concept behind KLUB/YJ-18 is similar.last SPRINT phase is to defeat the SAM/CIWS using speed.it has nothing to do with reducing evasive manuvarability of the missile.most of the ASHMs has high AOA.Sea Skimming+Supersonic+High AOA is the profile of these supersonic ASHMs.

last minute sprint is because at that range you are going to be detected no matter what, so might as well get there faster

as far as im concerned, unless we get like mach 10 missiles, there no overall inherent advantage to either design

052D will get upper hands against Aleigh Burk cause we have YJ18 ASM.

what if China saturated attacking Nimitz class carrier by YJ18 ASM? I think the chance of survival will be very low.

Back
Top Bottom