What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

img-1f9d93a1ca8ef1706be385d6f9a7195d.png

“A new image of the PLAN's naval research and testing facility in Wuhan shows some new modifications to the island, its radar installation and sensor mast.”

Deino, I think you should have left the same description here too when you looked at the same pic above :D

Agreed ... but I was so much in a hurry to come back in time to my next lessen that I simply forgot it. :(

Also interesting observation ... maybe we can expect the Type 003 to get classic propeller shafts and no rotatable pods. Therefore it is unlikely to be an "all-electric" ship.

And why can we expect this? o_O

Indeed, You are correct, or I was wrong ... as I just learned in the meantime via from Rick Joe (aka Blitzo) at the CDF:

Not quite.
Having rotatable pods means a ship can only be all-electric because that is the only way pods can be used. However, having "classic" propeller shafts means a ship can be all-electric or have the shafts connected to the main powerplants via reduction gears.
Zumwalt, Type 45, QE class carrier etc are all all-electric, however all also have propeller shafts as well and do not use pods.

as if more confirmation is needed for the use of EMALS......:coffee::D

针对船型特点,他主持开展了三大课题研究攻关:一是基于可维性、可操性、可达性的机炉舱仿真设计研究;二是按直线电机动止工作原理,设置定止的安装精度指标,开展牵引车在线测量技术研究与TS装置动态补偿技术研究;三是按照工程环境设计理念,推进舱室集成设计、模块化制装和无公害作业技术研究。

TS is Chinese Pinyin(phonetic alphabet) for “catapult“

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/PlJXKI9C4XKvrSPHzZZ2ng?

Waiting for drydock to become available in June/July......:-)

But that's actually my biggest concern right now: Where will that drydock be? Is it one of the already established one? ... but how do they transport these modules then? ... or will it be a new one at the same site?

But that's actually my biggest concern right now: Where will that drydock be? Is it one of the already established one? ... but how do they transport these modules then? ... or will it be a new one at the same site?
I think we can use British aircraft carrier Queen E as reference since the construction method is similar. In HMAS QE, they used both over-land and over-Water means of transport to dry dock for find assembly of large module blocks.
JNCX's dry dock #4 is the most likely place to launch the ship.

Back
Top Bottom