What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Several well informed sources from Chinese military BBS mention that, there will be 3 type-002 aircraft carriers builidng at the same time, one will be built in Dalian, one will be builit in Shanghai, and a newly added one will be be built in Huludao shipyard (which is a highly classified shipyard mainly building nuclear submarine for PLA before).
In that case, hopefully construction for the next generation of nuclear powered aircraft carriers will not be delayed.

If this turns out to be true then many of us here were very conservative with the AC buildup planning. Three 002 constructions at the same time man that's fooking awesome. With our new sub facility it's time to kick productions into high gear.

Well, if you check the recent history of China military building up, you would have found that the progress of China military development can actually make even the optimists' forecast/estimation turn out to be quite conservative.

Several well informed sources from Chinese military BBS mention that, there will be 3 type-002 aircraft carriers builidng at the same time, one will be built in Dalian, one will be builit in Shanghai, and a newly added one will be be built in Huludao shipyard (which is a highly classified shipyard mainly building nuclear submarine for PLA before).

Nuclear submarines in China will also enter mass-producation phase unlike before.

But point is that even if building parts has just vbegun for the first in Shanghai it is also said to be build in the newly to be constructed Yard and not where the 055's are build today. Also at Dalian it seems as if a civil ship will be build currently and is the Yard at Huludao already ready for a carrier ?

xi9mXFr.jpg

Why my picture became something like this? anyone? or its just me only?:what:
MyT0ud.png

xi9mXFr.jpg

Why my picture became something like this? anyone? or its just me only?:what:
MyT0ud.png
Just to float your uploaded or attached pictures... strangely the pic appeared during the reply editing ; yet later it is not visible in posted copy or in your original post.

@grey boy 2 - I think it's a HOTLINKING issue! The source website does NOT allow hotlinking (i.e. direct linking) to its pictures! Try to re-upload it to a free image hosting resource (such as postimg.org etc) next time like I did below :D

Re-upload it.... TYPE 002 CV 002型航母 (CG)

Type_002_CV.jpg

Last edited:
Just to float your uploaded or attached pictures... strangely the pic appeared during the reply editing ; yet the pic is not visible in your original post or my final reply.

@grey boy 2 - I think it's a HOTLINK issue! The source website does not allow hotlinking! Try to re-upload it to a free image hosting resource.

Re-uploading it.... TYPE 002 CV
Type_002_CV.jpg
I think expecting 3-elevator configuration is wishful thinking.

But point is that even if building parts has just vbegun for the first in Shanghai it is also said to be build in the newly to be constructed Yard and not where the 055's are build today. Also at Dalian it seems as if a civil ship will build currently and is the Yard at Huludao already ready for a carrier ?

Huludao has a deeper dock for carrier-size building, it has better facility for this kind of ship-building comparing to Jiang-nan/shanghai shipyard.

Just to float your uploaded or attached pictures... strangely the pic appeared during the reply editing ; yet later it is not visible in posted copy or in your original post.

@grey boy 2 - I think it's a HOTLINKING issue! The source website does NOT allow hotlinking (i.e. direct linking) to its pictures! Try to re-upload it to a free image hosting resource (such as postimg.org etc) next time like I did below :D

Re-upload it.... TYPE 002 CV 002型航母 (CG)

Type_002_CV.jpg
Thankyou brother, actually i've been using imgur and also imageshack to upload pictures, i really can't get what is going wrong, anyway thanks again for posting the pictures for me, thats all really matter

Looks like completion of technical design of 002 has been delayed.
Possible cause?
The PLAN is having 2nd thought on steam driven catapult or EMALS?
Hoping for the best! :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

well there is many news on 002, latest news is 002 technical design has been final in 2015. and already start building module in Jiangnan Shipyard at shanghai and subsidary shipyard. possibly we will see they start join the module in shipyard in 2018.
there is have 2 group with different view in PLAN top level which is pro-Conservative and Pro-advance which wanted EMALS.
if 002 already construction now it will be steam driven catapult. because EMALS only start testing around 2016. EMALS possible in 002A or 003. also china on testing nuclear power ship now.

Looks like completion of technical design of 002 has been delayed.

Possible cause?

The PLAN is having 2nd thought on steam driven catapult or EMALS?

Hoping for the best! :enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

Yes I read such reports too ... here a summarised post from the SDF:

jobjed said:
Along with a recant of the 075 prediction, pop3 also provided updates on 002:

First off, JNCX does not have an aircraft carrier under construction at the moment. Pop3 was very certain of this. He evem raised the possibility that 002 won't begin construction this year.
V3Zj91H.png

Supplementary to the above, stating the same thing; 002 hasn't begun. Pop3 is careful not to use "002" as that may be a classified designation. Instead, he maintains the usage of "domestic catapult carrier". He was asked why the situation with 002 deteriorated but he replied it never deteriorated, only that some leakers were overzealous previously.
5bx6cuw.png

Pop3 was prompted by someone pointing out that he had previously stated on HSH that a near-50k tonne LHD was going to begin construction but 001A was built instead. Additionally, he asked whether JNCX already had a 1600t crane fitted to no.4 basin, ready for carrier building. The first part of the question was more to ask about 075's status, whereupon pop3 said that there was an initial 48k tonne design that got revised to the current <40k tonne design. Additionally, 001A was not part of Project 048 early on but was instead initialised in 2009. The second part of the question regarding the 1600t crane, pop3 didn't address directly but stated that it was near definite that JNCX will construct carriers. However, work hasn't begun as the technical design hasn't been finalised. He also hinted that a delay in technical design completion could only mean one thing. He didn't clarify what this "one thing" was, but I think we all know what it is. *wink wink*
XrjJgjW.png

In response to his revelation that 002's design hasn't been finalised, someone asked how that could be considering the multitude of rumours that claimed the opposite. Pop3 responded; 1) the technical design hasn't been completed, 2) the so-called "finalisation of design" is a faux jargon that was given by industry outsiders. A true finalisation of design would entail design certification which is given only after the design in question has been built, put into service, and used for a few years so that all its bugs and quirks are known. Right now, the 002 is still in the technical design stage, which is followed by the manufacturing design (or design for manufacture) stage, the latter of which can occur concurrent with parts and materials ordering.

HEGLAnm.png

To consolidate, I think the probability of our seeing the first 002 being built with EMALS is getting higher and higher. The "one thing" that pop3 says caused the delays in finishing the technical design is most likely the choice of catapult type.

Back
Top Bottom