What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Then what's the purpose of developing FC31?

Even USA can't stand the huge cost of F22 operation, why do you think China can make it all J20?

The FC-31 was an attempt by SAC/601 to grab a piece of the PLAAF/PLANAF market pie after SAC's own bid for the J-XX program was rejected. The FC-31 program was never funded by the military.

Can China leapfrog the US in the scramble for the world’s best aircraft carrier?

China’s jet launch system for next carrier ‘better than US design’, top military engineer claims

PUBLISHED : Wednesday, 15 March, 2017, 11:40pm
UPDATED : Thursday, 16 March, 2017, 10:59am

China’s systems to launch and catch carrier-based aircraft are more advanced than those designed for the new generation of US supercarriers, according to a Chinese expert in the technology.

Rear Admiral Ma Weiming, a top engineer working on the project, said on the sidelines of the National People’s Congress on Monday that China had made breakthroughs in its advanced arresting gear (AAG) system designed to retrieve aircraft at sea, while the US had stumbled.

“The Gerald Ford cancelled its AAG and reverted to its original [arresting wire] system. We have no such problem,” he said, referring to the US’ new class of aircraft carrier.

He also said China’s electromagnetic aircraft launch system (EMALS) was more advanced than comparable US technology.

“We have long overcome [all technical difficulties in EMALS]. I have already moved on from this [area of research and development],” he said.

Saying he was just a scientific researcher, Ma declined to say when his advanced technologies would be installed on China’s homegrown carriers.

Rear_Admiral_Ma_Weiming.jpg

Rear Admiral Ma Weiming 马伟明

Ma’s remarks come as China moves ahead with its carrier construction programme. Its first domestically built aircraft carrier, the Type 001A, is nearing completion and is expected to be launched in the first half of this year.

Construction of the second one, Type 002, is also under way.

An earlier report by the South China Morning Post said China would not adopt the highly advanced EMALS technology on the Type 002 but instead rely on a conventional system.

Beijing-based naval expert Li Jie said Ma had made “a certain advances” in AAG technology, compared with the US.

Macau-based military observer Antony Wong Dong said the US AAG engineers had underestimated the difficulty of developing the technology and China may have been able to take note of this to make progress.

“Ma’s team .... may have learned lessons from their US counterparts, and made some breakthrough on AAG development,” Wong said.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/dipl...ina-steams-ahead-carrier-based-jet-launch-and

China will end up with a carrier force as strong or even stronger than the US Navy.
China's newly design of electromagnetic arresting gear is only 1/3th dimension of USA's, and is 70% lighter than its USA counterpart. Means we can expect a EMALS on non-nuclear powered carrier. General Ma Wei Ming is a genius!
https://view.inews.qq.com/a/MIL2017032901351003

The new China arresting cable will be made of carbon fiber.

出来混不是为了证明自己有多了不起,而是证明我不比别人差!好样的马伟明!

We need another 20 years to take back our throne in Asia.

Interview with Dr.Ma Weiming

Dr.Ma : Our IEP tech is world-leading, we use MVDC, America still using MVAC which is 1st gen tech, they just start pre-research in MVDC.

Credit to : @Xinfengcao

:enjoy:

Yes, it's just wasting your time to respond Mr.Fake Phd. :blah:

He get busted many times in other thread. Lol

To admit I don't understand this attitude ??? Why do You bash him only for hist critics instead of arguing but even more why do You tend to believe everything that hypes anything withing looking to the arguments ??

The main point is not to criticize Mr. Ma, his achievements nor his knowledge, but such a statement is plain stupid and not even Mr. Ma would say something like this or can You explain me how he should know the mass, dimensions and specifications of the US-system in order to say ours is "1/3th dimension of USA's, and is 70% lighter than its USA counterpart" It is plain impossible unless he has information that are indeed strictly top-secret.

And if he has such information it would be even more interesting to know where he got them ?

As such this attitude of "ohh, there's someone criticizing our top-engineers, so that is an insult I immediately have to respond with bashing back" without plain and simply thinking is plain and simple stupid unless You have an argument why he should know the US system ??!

Deino

To admit I don't understand this attitude ??? Why do You bash him only for hist critics instead of arguing but even more why do You tend to believe everything that hypes anything withing looking to the arguments ??

The main point is not to criticize Mr. Ma, his achievements nor his knowledge, but such a statement is plain stupid and not even Mr. Ma would say something like this or can You explain me how he should know the mass, dimensions and specifications of the US-system in order to say ours is "1/3th dimension of USA's, and is 70% lighter than its USA counterpart" It is plain impossible unless he has information that are indeed strictly top-secret.

And if he has such information it would be even more interesting to know where he got them ?

As such this attitude of "ohh, there's someone criticizing our top-engineers, so that is an insult I immediately have to respond with bashing back" without plain and simply thinking is plain and simple stupid unless You have an argument why he should know the US system ??!

Deino
Maybe wire tapping or internet hacking? Or espionage.

By different set up and Configuration, he can calculate. I think any one if USA want to kill or instigate, General Ma must be in that list. There lots of Chinese Genius there, all government need to do is put them in the right position.

Deino

Well, next you will hear they have some sort of spying equipment or anything to go with the theory why my thingy is bigger or better than your thingy.

The base of matter is, China does not even have one successful phototype of a Working EMALS that can launch aircraft and they are not projected to have one on active carrier at least until 2022 after the Type-002, yet somehow these type of "Statement" come up over and over again. Oh well, unless these people are god of war, otherwise I would not understand these statement and how can they come to the conclusion.

Even more so when I saw comment like "They can work that out from pictures" or "They got it from Internet Espionage", they fail to understand one thing, sensitive information were NEVER put online. They have SCIF to distribute these type of Sensitive Compartmentalized Information for a reason. And it is a simply faceplam to comment like they can work that out with a picture......

You got brainwashed. For Gambit, everything in USA is superior. Actually lot of western people don't care what is happening in this world. Last time a street interview in New York a female white say Korea is a city of China.

You didn't see a prototype doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I never doubt whether or not EMALS system existed for China.

I doubt how you can tell which one is better when on one hand, there are no working prototype and the other have been tried and tested in a carrier for several years.

Set aside how you can tell from where and how these dimension that man is making coming to mind, even if he really got the dimension for some reason (espionage or some where else) being heavy and longer does not make it "worse" as I said, US Carrier launch everything from F-18F to E-2C, they can even launch a Fully Loaded C-130, while the Chinese Carrier only ever launched Fighter off their Carrier.

Deino

already try.
but, typical ignorant. I bring facts and data, he bring opinion.

Then if you want to know, go to China Far east section, search thread with title u.s carrier patrol south china sea (or something like that) a couple months ago, Read that from first page until the last page !!

If you have 'Objective' view, then you will understand what I mean :-)
But, do you have one? @Deino just asking, don't take it as an insult, okay.
I respect you for what you have done until now, Mr Andreas.

@antonius123 @TaiShang

And post about Interview with Dr.Ma
you can see, I post the credit.
I know you frequently contact with him (Xinfeng cao) and asking many times about China Military to him.
Then you ask him, about that post. @Deino
because, I am curious too.

There is a reason why you people only ever active on Chinese and Far East Forum and Chinese Defence Forum, because outside of these two forum, you lots looks like clown with your statement and antics.

Me? I am okay for you to call me a fake PhD, even tho I am only doing a MPhil (Which I said multiple time before), you cannot do a PhD without either a Honour Year or MPhil, lol maybe you should get your fact right before trying to insult me.

Do I?
Please don't take it personally.

Last edited:
This thread is littered by the wildly heated exchange of arguments/opinions by some particular members.

Such extended exchanges have tainted this thread, making it anything but interesting... one doesn't get here to read the many personal arguments (please do it thru PM)... if there's no any actual news or anything of significance to post, then simply be quiet and let it be that way! Cleanliness is better than littering!

Do members here and mods agree?

If nothing to say, no need to force in, better keep it that way instead of the intense opinions of A vs B vs C... please keep those personal arguments private!

already try.
but, typical ignorant. I bring facts and data, he bring opinion.

Then if you want to know, go to China Far east section, search thread with title u.s carrier patrol south china sea (or something like that) a couple months ago, Read that from first page until the last page !!

If you have 'Objective' view, then you will understand what I mean :-)
But, do you have one? @Deino just asking, don't take it as an insult, okay.
I respect you for what you have done until now, Mr Andreas.

Thanks for Your reply and indeed I did not take it personally .. the same I hope on You.

Anyway even if I don't know Your previous issue with him, my point is simply how can Mr. Ma in all his brilliance - something no-one questions - claim things he simply cannot know ? That's plain and simply my argument.

If in such an interview he would have stated something like "by all our knowledge on the US-system, we took a different approach and ours could be lighter and

As such where are the fact, the data ?? IMO all what is stated in this interview is pure "opinion" since he cannot know the US system.

And concerning the so often demanded "who has to prove a claim?" I'm indeed surprised by the twisted logic some memberes here demonstrate:

If I say I can make Gold from Iron, then who's the one who has to prove ?? Simply me, who made that claim.

In the same way it's not the US' part or ours, who are sceptical to counter-prove that the Chinese system does not reach the promised claims but it's the duty for those, who believe in this claim.

The same is with the Chinese EM is operationally better than the US EMALS ... the J-20 already uses a +210kN WS-15 ... there is a secret Chinese space station on Mars !?? So always the same: Who has to prove a claim? IMO surely not the one who is critical especially if reasonable arguments are given.

Deino

Thanks for Your reply and indeed I did not take it personally .. the same I hope on You.

Anyway even if I don't know Your previous issue with him, my point is simply how can Mr. Ma in all his brilliance - something no-one questions - claim things he simply cannot know ? That's plain and simply my argument.

If in such an interview he would have stated something like "by all our knowledge on the US-system, we took a different approach and ours could be lighter and

As such where are the fact, the data ?? IMO all what is stated in this interview is pure "opinion" since he cannot know the US system.

And concerning the so often demanded "who has to prove a claim?" I'm indeed surprised by the twisted logic some memberes here demonstrate:

If I say I can make Gold from Iron, then who's the one who has to prove ?? Simply me, who made that claim.

In the same way it's not the US' part or ours, who are sceptical to counter-prove that the Chinese system does not reach the promised claims but it's the duty for those, who believe in this claim.

The same is with the Chinese EM is operationally better than the US EMALS ... the J-20 already uses a +210kN WS-15 ... there is a secret Chinese space station on Mars !?? So always the same: Who has to prove a claim? IMO surely not the one who is critical especially if reasonable arguments are given.

Deino

Thanks for your reply too. Personally, I highly regard your works about China's Military Development.

Okay, back to topic about Dr.Ma.

In Chinese view, Dr.Ma is another Qian Xuesen.
He is genius one, no doubt for that.

Maybe if some Corporal, say something about that. I will ignore it.
But, Dr.Ma is an Admiral in PLAN and he is also a Professor and the director of Electric and Electronics Engineering Institute under the Naval Engineering University.

What he say must be have much more 'Weight' than some ordinary expert or else.
despite, we don't know what Information he have. or what exactly he achieve in his research.

But, that's come back again to each other point of view.
I just trying to give you a view from Chinese point of view.

I think, what Dr.Ma say is about IEP (Integrated Electric Propulsion) not EMALS.

I don't have any contact with Xinfengcao, but you have. maybe, you can ask his opinion about that post.
Because we are in here, doesn't have any clue about that.

mix of j20 and j31 are better but should be j20 first because it is more mature and more powerfull like su35 good performance in syria war

Another source said that after visit his visit to see the Type 075 under construction, Vice-Admiral Shen also inspected progress on the new Type 002 aircraft carrier.

The Type 002 will be China’s third carrier, which has been under construction at the Jiangnan Changxingdao shipyard in Shanghai since March 2015.

It is expected to be launched in about 2021. from south china morning post

Another source said that after visit his visit to see the Type 075 under construction, Vice-Admiral Shen also inspected progress on the new Type 002 aircraft carrier.

The Type 002 will be China’s third carrier, which has been under construction at the Jiangnan Changxingdao shipyard in Shanghai since March 2015.

It is expected to be launched in about 2021. from south china morning post

Do we have any recent satellite images of Jiangnan shipyard giving any hint that the carrier has already laid down ?

I know "under construction" does not mean being laid down since pre-manufacturing of parts needs to take place often many years in advance, but as with the Type-001A i think the next mayor prof could be an empty dry-dock with these strange markings on the ground on which the carrier sits until being launched.

Remember this image nearly two years ago from March 2015 ???
PLN CV-001A at Dalian sat image 20150310.jpg

This also would give us a first impression on the new carrier's dimensions.

So again ... do we have a recent image of Jiangnan's biggest drydock ??

Deino

Back
Top Bottom