What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

I am in a shanghai yard now and some of the technicians here are already getting recruited to Dalian for a 'carrier' project.
Makes sense; Dalian is also close to where the PLAN SSN and SSBNs are made (at the Bohai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Huludao in Liaoning Province). Reference: Sub Brief video on the Type 093.

So the Dalian region will probably be where all Chinese Naval Nuclear related projects are built.

Makes sense; Dalian is also close to where the PLAN SSN and SSBNs are made (at the Bohai Shipbuilding Heavy Industry Co., Huludao in Liaoning Province). Reference: Sub Brief video on the Type 093.

So the Dalian region will probably be where all Chinese Naval Nuclear related projects are built.

The new facility for the Dalian shipyard will be completed by the end of the fourteenth five years plan (2021-2025).

They are now recruiting the staffs from the Jiangnan shipyard is for the pre-advanced preparation of the new aircraft carrier after 2025.

The new facility for the Dalian shipyard will be completed by the end of the fourteenth five years plan (2021-2025).

They are now recruiting the staffs from the Jiangnan shipyard is for the pre-advanced preparation of the new aircraft carrier after 2025.

That's exactly my guess too ... the PLAN will not start with the 004 until 003 isn't launched and at least went thru the first phase of testing!

That's exactly my guess too ... the PLAN will not start with the 004 until 003 isn't launched and at least went thru the first phase of testing!

Maybe the next gen aircraft carrier?

Since the Type 003 could have 2 or 3 siblings of the same class, who knows.

The next gen aircraft carrier could be as late as the 2030s.

Maybe the next gen aircraft carrier?

Since the Type 003 could have 2 or 3 siblings of the same class, who knows.

The next gen aircraft carrier could be as late as the 2030s.

With 004 I simply meant the next carrier, not necessarily the next class

That would be in fact the first hint I would rate as reliable!

Thanks my friend.
Actually I posted this last year before even the 003 was unveiled, nobody took me seriously. I believe they are building the blocks, they are not waiting for 003 to be completed.
If this is true, that means the Jiangnan shipyard is all full. Dalian will do the next carrier. From another source that I heard, Jiangnan shipyard will start another 8x 055 later on this year. Don't know if it is true or not.
I believe the next class is nuclear and it has already started

Actually I posted this last year before even the 003 was unveiled, nobody took me seriously. I believe they are building the blocks, they are not waiting for 003 to be completed.

But will this one - then to be build at Dalian - follow the same system like the 003 in Shanghai per blocks or will Dalian build it still the traditional way like 002?

That's impoossssibbbuuuuuuuhhhhh!!

China won't ever build as large in number of ships as the USN, but stronger -- possible. The foundation of building a large navy is $$. When China's economy is much bigger than the US, how is it impossible to build a larger navy than the USN? Simple logic will tell you it's possible and doable. Nevertheless, the strategic goals of China are different than the American's. So I don't think China wants to sink more money than what the US already has.

But will this one - then to be build at Dalian - follow the same system like the 003 in Shanghai per blocks or will Dalian build it still the traditional way like 002?
My guess, next aircraft carrier will be the same as 003 with a little improvement. 2 carrier rotate, same training, same equipment, same maintenance. Both of which will be called 003 class.

The first carrier of 004 class will start building 5 years later, new design.

Yesterday two ships were launched from dock #3, one of them is this 240,000 tons ULCS built for Evergreen Marine Corp, and it used to 003's "big neighbour".

1.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure bro but carrier blocks are pretty much like any ship block, it's the subsystems that are complex.

Back
Top Bottom