What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

There is the 3rd KJ-600 in satellite image of same date.

0 0 YL 1.jpg

This image allegedly taken from within the last two days reveal that - as reported - the ship section behind the Type 003 aircraft carrier has been moved out.
Additionally it appears as if at least one elevator is installed.

(Image via tiancai8888/SDF)

1642142824806.png

This image allegedly taken from within the last two days reveal that - as reported - the ship section behind the Type 003 aircraft carrier has been moved out.
Additionally it appears as if at least one elevator is installed.

(Image via tiancai8888/SDF)

View attachment 808498

Amazing that the section could sail because looked open on both ends.

Big problem and heavy delay. The catapult installation takes too long to complete. The ship shall be on water now.

No, the ship is surely ready to hit the water and in India it surely would already be, but did you check how long the installation of a catapult - especially an EMALS - took in the USA? So I'm sure there is no delay and some of us are only too impatient.

The ship is basically ready to be launched any time now. Our impatient is tested by the shipyard and PLAN work schedule planners who are at their leisure to decide the launch date.

More important now is when will the sea trial begin? I am expecting that the longer the ship stays in dry dock the less there'll will be out-fitting time because some of the works normally done after launched are being carried out in dry dock now.

wonder if there will be an EW variant of the J-15 like the J-16D
Absolutely, I believe J-15 EW variant is an integral part of the air wing, some pics on the web:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom