What's new

Shenyang J-15 aircraft carrier-based aircraft

Deino

INT'L MOD
Nov 9, 2014
Country
Germany
And again some PLAN J-15 news: With no. 74 - seen here together with no. 67 - and no. 69 are again three more J-15s confirmed ... also no. 74 is the so far highest number seen.

(Images via Huitong's CMA-Blog)

J-15_67 + 74.jpg
J-15_69a.jpg

Akasa

Aug 9, 2008
Country
Canada
1.jpg

It was first rumored in October 2014 that a CATOBAR variant (J-15T?) was being co-developed by the 601 Institute and CSIC 704 Institute. This variant features a further strengthened nose landing gear in order to withstand the high-g force during the catapult launch. The first prototype flew for the first time in July 2016, powered by two indigenous WS-10H engines. The nose landing gear appears to have a much longer and wider drag strut. It was rumored in November 2016 that a J-15T took off successfully for the first time from a ground-based electromagnetic catapult (EMALS). A recent image (February 2021) suggested that J-15T (officially known as J-15B?) CATOBAR variant is in production at SAC featuring a new narrow frame wide-angle holographic HUD and a pair of handholds attached to the canopy for catapult launch. In addition, the aircraft could feature a new AESA radar developed by the 607 Institute and carry the latest PL-10/PL-15 AAMs. Consequently the old PF8 wingtip missile launch pylons (for PL-8B) could have been replaced by PF10 (for PL-10). Its nose pitot tube appears to have been removed too. J-15T is expected to be stationed onboard the new Type 003 CATOBAR carrier which is still under construction, and eventually followed by the next generation stealth fighter J-35 which is still under development.
- Huitong

Last edited:

doorstar

Apr 19, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be frank, with some serious future upgrades and variations, this new J-15 might potentially match the capabilities of the naval Tejas in the far future.
noway China can ever match vedic tech. you are far too advanced for them Chinese

Last edited:

Akasa

Aug 9, 2008
Country
Canada
With some work and continued importation of foreign designs, China might potentially match the capabilities of the Naval Tejas in the future:

doorstar

Apr 19, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
I suggest you take your brash arrogance and flippant attitude to another forum, preferably one of simpler folks.
oh please let me praise the superpower 2012 which can only be done here or at superpooper forums like bharat rakshak. no other serious defense forum allows this kinda flights of fantasy

Globenim

Aug 19, 2011
Country
China
I'll be frank, with some serious future upgrades and variations, this new J-15 might potentially match the capabilities of the naval Tejas in the far future.
I suggest you take your brash arrogance and flippant attitude to another forum, preferably one of simpler folks.
There are a lot of delusional Hindutwhatever nationalists posting here. You have to make it clear when you are being sarcastic about "Indian" hardware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom