What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Zero Info from this article... Very likely 003 will miss the dateline of floating from dock before the end of year.

This article talks about the completion of the facility to test the propulsion of the Type 003 by the end of 2021.

谈笑看世间 (the mysterious photographer who has provided the best shot of the Type 003) was the first person who leaked the information about this facility back in October 2021, and now it is proved to be true.

This article talks about the completion of the facility to test the propulsion of the Type 003 by the end of 2021.

谈笑看世间 (the mysterious photographer who has provided the best shot of the Type 003) was the first person who leaked the information about this facility back in October 2021, and now it is proved to be true.
I wonder what kind of propulsion needs a special facility? Lol NNN

Only two elevators? Expecting a 50 Aircraft compliment max?

Only two elevators? Expecting a 50 Aircraft compliment max?
Actually, Chinese shall go for 3 elevators instead of 2. I know they are trying to maximize deck space for more aircraft ready to be park and launch quickly but having 3 elevator doesn't mean , you will be using 3 at the same time.The one not using can also be added a deck space to maximize aircraff in deck.

But having 3, will means you are having more backup when 1-2 breaks down.

Actually, Chinese shall go for 3 elevators instead of 2. I know they are trying to maximize deck space for more aircraft ready to be park and launch quickly but having 3 elevator doesn't mean , you will be using 3 at the same time.The one not using can also be added a deck space to maximize aircraff in deck.

But having 3, will means you are having more backup when 1-2 breaks down.

The Type 003 will serve as a crucial platform to test a lot new technologies just like the CVN-65 to the USN.

I think the next supercarrier is going to going to be optimized based on the Type 003, and it is already under construction.

1.jpg

Perhaps GJ-11 is going onboard, but from an earlier AVIC official promo (for 2018 Zhuhai) the carrier-borne UAV looks different, with folding wings.

Last edited:
Zero Info from this article... Very likely 003 will miss the dateline of floating from dock before the end of year.
Seems you were right. Btw, what’s the latest word on the tonnage of this carrier? It is said to be 80 meters wide and 320 meters long per two articles from NavalNews.

Back
Top Bottom