What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Finally - after almost one month - a new image showing the latest progress on the Type 003 aircraft carrier's construction.

As it seems and if not again a faked image, the deck is closed now and they are still working on the port side bow catapult.

(Image via @gaofrank75)

1634879690777.png

1634879707129.png

Whereby my stomach screams for fake after a second look:

Last edited:
I am convinced that they could launch the ship before December 31st if they want to. From what we can see now, only a few works are needed to be completed before they can float it out.

After installing aircraft lifts, other works can be done while the ship is afloat on pier side but we are not the ones that get to choose the launch date... Just hope that Eva ZhengII was right on launch before year-end..

I am convinced that they could launch the ship before December 31st if they want to. From what we can see now, only a few works are needed to be completed before they can float it out.

After installing aircraft lifts, other works can be done while the ship is afloat on pier side but we are not the ones that get to choose the launch date... Just hope that Eva ZhengII was right on launch before year-end..
What was her estimate? Did she also have an estimate on when the Type 003 will be fully fitted out and commissioned?

What was her estimate? Did she also have an estimate on when the Type 003 will be fully fitted out and commissioned?
Sorry, she didn't give those estimates. She only wrote that the ship could be launched before year end. She posted that in her twitter several months ago.

no rush unless they need the drydock for some other project.
looks almost ready to launch. just need the aircraft lifts installed.

This shipyard has a lot of space, not like the Indian one. So workers can install almost everything before it is launched. No hurry, we can wait.

Do you think the powerplants & EMALS fittings take some time to install? Because the 2 large holes seems to be leading to the 2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom