What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

i guest launch at 1st quarter 2021

Come on, why again claiming such unrealistic stuff ... that's plain impossible as already discussed so often! :hitwall:

The 003 carrier has nor a status of the 002 about 16-18 months before launch. So even if progress might be faster due to a different method of construction, the 003 ship is anyway a much larger and more complex project.

So please explain how shall they finish a larger and more complex vessel within now less than 3 months (in fact by your calculation 71 days!) for what they needed with a smaller and less complex carrier 16-18 months!?

According to 逆袭 horobeyo, looks like the upper modules (hangar walls) has been extended midship as indicated in attached photo

0                                                               he.jpg

From 逆襲 @horobeyo on 2021.01.27~28:

1月17日的003
来自Maxar公司的卫星图像
可见后端动力舱的两台蒸汽轮机

燃油锅炉+蒸汽轮机,100%常规动力
俺不是营销号,观点对立的流量对俺来说没有意义,无法变现,所以俺就直说了,微博那些恰流量的金V倒是可以丢张图,然后一直打哈哈糊弄过去,任由评论区乌烟瘴气。
反正爱信信,不信拉倒,也就剩半年左右时间。

左图17日,右图不晚于18日。
两种可能:
1,白点是蒸汽轮机底座,左图晚于右图。
2,左图后段动力舱内不是蒸汽轮机,而是类似于脚手架工棚之类的东西,安装完后,成为右图的状态。
从两侧舱室分段安装情况来看,1的可能性更大。即白点是蒸汽轮机底座,锅炉另有位置。

003 on January 17
Satellite images from Maxar
It can be seen that there are two steam turbines in the rear power cabin

Oil-fired boiler + steam turbine, 100% conventional power.
I’m not a marketing account. The traffic with opposing views is meaningless to me and cannot be realized. So I just said that the golden V of Weibo with the same traffic can lose a picture, and then keep playing haha and fooling around, leaving the comment area in a mess.
In any case, it will take about half a year if you don't believe it and need further proof.

Two 003 pics side-by-side 2021017 & GT20210118.png

The picture on the left is on the 17th, and the picture on the right is no later than the 18th.

Two possibilities:

1) The white spot is the base of the steam turbine. The figure on the left is later than that on the right, OR

2) The rear power cabin in the left picture is not a steam turbine, but something similar to a scaffold shed. After installation, it becomes the state shown in the right picture.

Seen from the installation of compartment segments on both sides, 1) is more likely. That is, the white spot is the base of the steam turbine, and the boiler has another location.

陆上试车锅炉房是啥玩意你应该知道吧

You should know what the boiler room is for land test run

boiler room is for land test run 01.jpg

boiler room is for land test run 02.jpg

其实用啥动力去年7月这份招标公告出来就“该”清楚了,只不过尺寸数据直到去年8月才有航拍图可以推算,在那之前一直都还心存幻想。很显然,用来测试的数据跟苏联KVG增压锅炉基本符合,跟温度只有不到300度的美国舰用压水堆完全不是一回事。你可以信贴吧的那些个所谓“证据”,但不用试图说服俺。

In fact, it should have been clear when the tender announcement came out in July last year, but the size data could not be calculated until August last year by aerial photograph. Before that, I still had some illusions. Obviously, the data used for the test were similar to Soviet KVG pressurized boilers, and completely different from American pressurized water reactors with temperatures of less than 300 ℃. You can post the "evidence", but don't try to convince me.

Last edited:
From 逆襲 @horobeyo on 2021.01.27~28:

1月17日的003
来自Maxar公司的卫星图像
可见后端动力舱的两台蒸汽轮机

燃油锅炉+蒸汽轮机,100%常规动力
俺不是营销号,观点对立的流量对俺来说没有意义,无法变现,所以俺就直说了,微博那些恰流量的金V倒是可以丢张图,然后一直打哈哈糊弄过去,任由评论区乌烟瘴气。
反正爱信信,不信拉倒,也就剩半年左右时间。

左图17日,右图不晚于18日。
两种可能:
1,白点是蒸汽轮机底座,左图晚于右图。
2,左图后段动力舱内不是蒸汽轮机,而是类似于脚手架工棚之类的东西,安装完后,成为右图的状态。
从两侧舱室分段安装情况来看,1的可能性更大。即白点是蒸汽轮机底座,锅炉另有位置。

003 on January 17
Satellite images from Maxar
It can be seen that there are two steam turbines in the rear power cabin

Oil-fired boiler + steam turbine, 100% conventional power.
I’m not a marketing account. The traffic with opposing views is meaningless to me and cannot be realized. So I just said that the golden V of Weibo with the same traffic can lose a picture, and then keep playing haha and fooling around, leaving the comment area in a mess.
In any case, it will take about half a year if you don't believe it and need further proof.

View attachment 711186

The picture on the left is on the 17th, and the picture on the right is no later than the 18th.

Two possibilities:

1) The white spot is the base of the steam turbine. The figure on the left is later than that on the right, OR

2) The rear power cabin in the left picture is not a steam turbine, but something similar to a scaffold shed. After installation, it becomes the state shown in the right picture.

Seen from the installation of compartment segments on both sides, 1) is more likely. That is, the white spot is the base of the steam turbine, and the boiler has another location.

陆上试车锅炉房是啥玩意你应该知道吧

You should know what the boiler room is for land test run

View attachment 711189
View attachment 711188

其实用啥动力去年7月这份招标公告出来就“该”清楚了,只不过尺寸数据直到去年8月才有航拍图可以推算,在那之前一直都还心存幻想。很显然,用来测试的数据跟苏联KVG增压锅炉基本符合,跟温度只有不到300度的美国舰用压水堆完全不是一回事。你可以信贴吧的那些个所谓“证据”,但不用试图说服俺。

In fact, it should have been clear when the tender announcement came out in July last year, but the size data could not be calculated until August last year by aerial photograph. Before that, I still had some illusions. Obviously, the data used for the test were similar to Soviet KVG pressurized boilers, and completely different from American pressurized water reactors with temperatures of less than 300 ℃. You can post the "evidence", but don't try to convince me.

Very disappointing the 003 went with conventional power if this is true. They had already made the leap to EM catapults so it doesn't make sense why they couldn't make the (in my opinion smaller) leap to nuclear propulsion. Chinese reactors in terms of design and operation are already quite mature.

Very disappointing the 003 went with conventional power if this is true. They had already made the leap to EM catapults so it doesn't make sense why they couldn't make the (in my opinion smaller) leap to nuclear propulsion. Chinese reactors in terms of design and operation are already quite mature.

Maybe they didn’t want to risk it, and only make increment changes on such a high profile program. This would basically be their version of the kitty hawk class CV. Once they have everything down, they can built a type 003a class; similar to the US enterprise to perfect nuclear propulsion, then move on to a Type 004 akin to the Nimitz class.

Flight ops on the Type 003 will probably look something like the following; similar to the Nimitz class but just a tighter fit.

Last edited:
yes, very disappointed 😞 and even shocked 😲 if true; we already run many kinds of nuclear reactors; in 2015, even type 002 was rumored to be CVN but later turned out to be another CV; since then, it was strongly noted that china focus on building CVN as its next carrier; and everybody believe so
Maybe they didn’t want to risk it, and only make increment changes on such a high profile program. This would basically be their version of the kitty hawk class CV. Once they have everything down, they can built a type 003a class; similar to the US enterprise to perfect nuclear propulsion, then move on to a Type 004 akin to the Nimitz class.
no; technically speaking, according to US experience, such building CV series mostly do NOT help to build any CVN because CV / CVN are totally different in power and subsequent systems

guys, be await; we would know soon 🤫

Last edited:

Running quickly with small steps!

yes, very disappointed 😞 and even shocked 😲 if true; we now run many kinds of nuclear reactors; in 2015, even type 002 was rumored to be CVN but later turned out to be another CV; since then, it was strongly noted that china focus on building CVN as its next carrier; and everybody believe so

no; technically speaking, according to US experience, such building CV series mostly do NOT help to build any CVN because CV / CVN are totally different in power and subsequent systems

guys, be await; we would know soon 🤫

Its True the CVN’s have a different design, but when the contractors were building the follow on class; the enterprise, they replaced each of the boilers with nuclear reactors. the enterprise wasn’t called a CVN, but it’s designated a CVA(N).

The enterprise has 8 reactors. There was a learning curve, and when the built the Nimitz they must have learned what they needed to know to go down to the current two reactor designs.

He is just repeating fzgfzy's narrative, nothing new after all.

The propulsion compartments of the Type 003 have no space left for eight boilers.

The Type 003 weighs about 100,000 tonnes according to the US agency, it cannot be conventional.

Running quickly with small steps!

The ship that will serve for a half century cannot use that approach.

Last edited:
Is there any particular reason why CV-03 cannot be nuclear powered?

What could be hindering its conversion?

https://www.arctictoday.com/chinas-...latform-for-future-nuclear-aircraft-carriers/

Both 03 and 04 belongs to the same class. Conventional wisdom tells us if 03 is powered by steam boilers, so will 04.

But as usual I will be patient and very soon we will have the answer. :coffee:

The Type 004 will definitely be the sister ship of the Type 003, perhaps even the Type 005 & Type 006.

Be patient, we will soon know the answer by the coming spring. :enjoy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom