What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Cropped and enlarged of latest photo.
View attachment 706718

Now it looks indeed to have the first hangar/deck level module fitted!?

PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210113 part xl.jpg

Is the carrier confirmed to be nuclear or steam turbine?
why don't you read several pages back (about 5 pages or so) to find out?

at this point of time, no one can be 100% sure though it tilts to the latter. Next several months the world may learn.

why don't you read several pages back (about 5 pages or so) to find out?

at this point of time, no one can be 100% sure though it tilts to the latter. Next several months the world may learn.
I did read back but a lot of conflicting answer of steam or nuclear.

Another and severely pixelated photo of the Type 003 aircraft carrier and the new module ... on the left seems to be a 055 DDG. (Image via Haot / SDF)

PLN Type 003 carrier - 20210115 - 2.jpg

Another and severely pixelated photo of the Type 003 aircraft carrier and the new module ... on the left seems to be a 055 DDG. (Image via Haot / SDF)

View attachment 707044
And here's the narrative posted along this pic by the poster, Haot /SDF:

"Another processed image from a source. This is a much clearer image taken around last weekend when the first upper hanger module was just added to the hull. The hanger area is about three-stories high and there is a slight tilt on two sides of this big module. The deck structure also comes with this structure, so I guess things will be going rather quickly from now on.
The two giant engine cells are still empty I believe, perhaps they are building it the same way the Type002 and Type075 were being constructed, which was leaving holes on the deck as ships are being built and bring in the engines and turbines later."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom