What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

The Type 004 will definitely be the sister ship of the Type 003, perhaps even the Type 005 & Type 006.

Be patient, we will soon know the answer by the coming spring. :enjoy:

you sound like another low quality Chinese fanboy

its clear 003 is not nuclear powered

now you are simply trolling

Why so offensive? Even if I don't agree with him on the powerplant issue, we at least share all information to find a final answer and as he noted " we will soon know the answer by the coming spring".

Why so offensive? Even if I don't agree with him on the powerplant issue, we at least share all information to find a final answer and as he noted " we will soon know the answer by the coming spring".

because anything which is not presented to these fan boys in a shiny manner does not satisfy them hence this is how you treat them

Pardon?! :unsure: ... I don't get it!
That member -- aziqbal -- hardly gives any contribution to this section through any conducive post.... now suddenly jump in and being rude -- this guy really does not know civility and how to measure one self.

Just look at his posts in this "Chinese Defence Forum" section all this time... no contribution at all, just demanding this and that, belittling, judging, trolling... the same attitude at SDF, only folks there are not so kind like here... much sterner :p:

Please, please do not ridicule oneself. If you won't contribute, fine, just behave oneself.

ChineseTiger1986 has his standing all this time, he may get it wrong or right eventually, but he did present his cases, spent efforts and time to dig some info.

Now look into mirror... what are you doing here??? to make such improper noise even being rude ????

I would be much more staggering if this ship can be powered by boilers, which would be a much more impressive feat than the nuclear reactor technologically speaking.

If our boilers are so powerful, then the Type 002 would not be a mere replica of the Kuznetsov class.

An IEP system that can power a 90000 plus tons carrier with electro-magnetic catapults is more revolutionary than a CVN by a wide margin.

True, but a 90,000+ tonnes carrier still needs to be nuclear powered. :agree:

With the IEP system, we can build a more enhanced/sophisticated CVN. :cheers:

The US has still not fully mastered the IEP system, that's why they still got stuck in the Nimitz era, and having deep troubles to make the Ford class to become functional.

Everybody needs to stay-tuned, pretty sure they won't leave the propulsion compartments with two giant holes forever, and soon they will seal it when the engines arrived, and many people will soon discover it is nuclear reactors or boilers.

If some people are still not certain, then just wait the island structure being sitting on the top-right corner of the flight deck. :coffee:

The Type 003 is just a couple meters shorter than the Ford class, but with a wider beam and perhaps the same draft.

So you can imagine the size of this monster.

Aside the latest US supercarriers, it is going to be much larger than any other aircraft carriers in the history.

Last edited:
The whole reason there's an EM catapult on the Carrier is because china made progress in electrical power engineering that allows to have an EM catapult without nuclear power. Up until that progress they weren't sure if they would have an EM catapult on this carrier. It was a pretty big news when it came out so I don't know how some people here act like they never heard of it. Another news was that China wanted to first have a nuclear Icebreaker before building other nuclear powered ships. I think people really want it to be nuclear so they ignore news that go against their dream.

Another news was that China wanted to first have a nuclear Icebreaker before building other nuclear powered ships. I think people really want it to be nuclear so they ignore news that go against their dream.

That's the disinformation spread by fzgfzy.

China has never officially stated that it will build the nuclear icebreaker before the CVN.

The nuclear icebreaker uses the nuclear reactor with lower enriched uranium compared to the nuclear reactor of the CVN.

It is comparing apple to orange as China will never test its nuclear reactor of the CVN on a nuclear icebreaker.

Again only a very blurry satellite image of the Type 003 aircraft carrier under construction at the Jiangnan Shipyard in Shanghai taken on 7. February (in comparison to mid-January) and it appears as if the the opening of the rear auxiliary machine concealment was closed.

(Image via @horobeyo / Twitter)

1612768191023.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom