What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Then please explain where was it stated that the "PLAN wanted it to be ready by year end or early next year" or even more "how should this be done?" The Type 003 is such a huge and complex vessel, it was never possible to have it ready much sooner so that the "PLAN could have introduced it already by year end or early next year"??

So, just as you said with a minor modification:

you should stay neutral and post only facts and points related to topic rather than going off topic and into fan-boy's wet-dreams.

Again, that's not hate, it's common sense and logic against fan-boyish wishful thinking.

The military news/articles in my country and neighboring countries especially amongst Spratlys claimant countries reported the news that China pushing hard on getting their Type 003 with EMALS ready as soon as possible before end of the year or early next year to counter rising US threat.

What fanboy other than you're being too obsessed with China weapons but at the same time banning others being fanboy? Posting actual historical combat engagement and real war scenarios are solid facts that really happened, those aren't dream.

The military news/articles in my country and neighboring countries especially amongst Spratlys claimant countries reported the news that China pushing hard on getting their Type 003 with EMALS ready as soon as possible before end of the year or early next year to counter rising US threat.

What fanboy other than you're being too obsessed with China weapons but at the same time banning others being fanboy? Posting actual historical combat engagement and real war scenarios are solid facts that really happened, those aren't dream.

Then these reports are wrong.
And these stupid assumptions are based in what logic? No-one with any rationale thinking believed such reports.
Just look at the already impressive pace of construction but to think 003 could be ready fir the PLAN by year's end or early 2021 is ridicolous.

The only one who's insulting others is you. Take this as a warning.

Last edited:
And these stupid assumptions See Bases in what logic? No-one with any rationale thinking believed such reports.
Just look at the already impressive pace of construction but to think 003 could be ready fir the PLAN by year's end or early 2021 is ridicolous.

Andi the only one who's insulting others is you. Take this as a warning.

What stupid assumption? Are you saying all the military news in countries around South China Sea stupid when they all have close ties to China? This is what the news said. You can't stick to debate and facts, trying to ban anyone posting news from military news reported in their countries then I too should report you for abusing your authority.

What stupid assumption? Are you saying all the military news in countries around South China Sea stupid when they all have close ties to China? This is what the news said. You can't stick to debate and facts, trying to ban anyone posting news from military news reported in their countries then I too should report you for abusing your authority.

Yes. Any news reporting the PLAN would introduce the 003 carrier this year is stupid and cannot be taken seriously.

As such, name what reports are mentioning this so we can discuss this sources' credibility since I'm sure not all "military news in countries around South China Sea" report such a crap.

Last edited:

Maybe you should read up on more reputable news then. The SCS war scenarios is frankly ridiculous, even in 2020. I have heard of the US and China "preparing" to go to war just about every year now in the last 5 years. I doubt either the US or China will make serious preparations to go to war with each other (e.g. speeding up 003 construction/sea trials) for such an implausible event. They have already been constructing at a very fast pace and anything faster may degrade the vessel and its crew.
I think by the term "stupid assumptions", Deino means that your ideas are so outlandish that they are very hard to take seriously. And you do have a tendency to spew these ideas and derail threads .... IIRC, the last time you were here, you were saying how the PLAN was going to decommission the Liaoning and Shandong in a couple years time once the 003 class became operational.

Maybe you should read up on more reputable news then. The SCS war scenarios is frankly ridiculous, even in 2020. I have heard of the US and China "preparing" to go to war just about every year now in the last 5 years. I doubt either the US or China will make serious preparations to go to war with each other (e.g. speeding up 003 construction/sea trials) for such an implausible event. They have already been constructing at a very fast pace and anything faster may degrade the vessel and its crew.

I think by the term "stupid assumptions", Deino means that your ideas are so outlandish that they are very hard to take seriously. And you do have a tendency to spew these ideas and derail threads .... IIRC, the last time you were here, you were saying how the PLAN was going to decommission the Liaoning and Shandong in a couple years time once the 003 class became operational.

Based on your questions, if I answered it will sure goes deeper into real political and military. Do I get last 3rd warning for replying this them get banned by Deino? I have class now, you let me know, I'll reply later. J-15B and Type 003 are somewhat related in most topics, will he banned because if my explanation touches both since they are on top of each other

Based on your questions, if I answered it will sure goes deeper into real political and military. Do I get last 3rd warning for replying this them get banned by Deino? I have class now, you let me know, I'll reply later. J-15B and Type 003 are somewhat related in most topics, will he banned because if my explanation touches both since they are on top of each other
stop your stupid assumptions/speculations, its takes years to test and induct naval ships and get rid of any glitches on designs, look at the Type-55 project you can get your answers, early 2021 its impossible for Type-3 to be induct in early 2021

In approx. one year from today, we will have our answer whether they will be installing the RO101 heavy duty gas turbines or nuclear powerplants into the CV-03 series Aircraft Carrier.

This is China first Flat Top carrier built from scratch with EMALS means it will faced a myriad of problems and required a lot of electrical energy is already providing a clue to its direction in its design and construction.
So as a China Watcher and as usual I will patiently wait and soon we will have our answer.
Anyway it is very interesting to read all the opinions, arguments and speculations as they are presented but so far nothing is official.
:cheers:

In approx. one year from today, we will have our answer whether they will be installing the RO101 heavy duty gas turbines or nuclear powerplants into the CV-03 series Aircraft Carrier.

This is China first Flat Top carrier built from scratch with EMALS means it will faced a myriad of problems and required a lot of electrical energy is already providing a clue to its direction in its design and construction.
So as a China Watcher and as usual I will patiently wait and soon we will have our answer.
Anyway it is very interesting to read all the opinions, arguments and speculations as they are presented but so far nothing is official.
:cheers:

I fully agree with you, but a speculative service entry for already this or early next year as suggested by our special gymnast can be excluded simply since it is impossible. As such to "it is very interesting to read all the opinions, arguments and speculations as they are presented" but only as long as they are reasonable.

stop your stupid assumptions/speculations, its takes years to test and induct naval ships and get rid of any glitches on designs, look at the Type-55 project you can get your answers, early 2021 its impossible for Type-3 to be induct in early 2021

What assumption? They were news from military articles dated several months back when I was banned. Check what did I post on my first post after ban lifted. I only mentioned the result didn't go as per what the spokesperson mentioned in the military news article where the PLAN hope for Type 003 to be ready by year end or early next year. Don't read what Deino twisted and refer my original post to comment instead.

What assumption? They were news from military articles dated several months back when I was banned. Check what did I post on my first post after ban lifted. I only mentioned the result didn't go as per what the spokesperson mentioned in the military news article where the PLAN hope for Type 003 to be ready by year end or early next year. Don't read what Deino twisted and refer my original post to comment instead.

Assumptions, since they are not official, written by anyone now-one knows and based on plain unrealistic ideas, That's an assumption.

Therefore again ... tell us WHAT report states this so that we can discuss this source's reliability. What you call "news from military articles dated several months back" could be anything from SCMP, over CMC and PLA reports to - and this is what most of us assume - plain stupid BS reports written by any layman reporter in that area not based on facts but to hype the fear for a

I think you really need to learn that not everything you read is true and you must check in order to judge ... only telling "they said the PLAN will introduce the 003 by year's end" does not make it true.

As such, the only one with a twisted logic is you and stop with these constant insults, otherwise you are out again.

Please can the person here writing posts about the 003 Carrier being completed by the end of year........PLEASE stop writing ridiculous comments. Just because someone saw an idiotic comment written elsewhere, doesn't mean they should forward this idiotic information. People need to sit down and actually think about what they write down, before posting.
The 003 Carrier is a huge vessel, and very complex............it takes years to construct an aircraft carrier, and then eventually pass it onto the fleet. In fact the 003 Carrier will still be a long way off completion, even at this time next year. Remember these are not plastic kits that you can assemble in a few hours! Please engage brain before posting. Thanks

Bro i don't what what military news article you talking about but i know one thing currently Type-003 is under construction than how can it be possible that it will be inducted early next year, if that in any military article then writer knows nothing about military development , especially naval development process and procedures, and PLAAN is not stupid to induct Type-003 without any testing after launching which takes years to complete, in my opinion Type-003 is 2/2.5 year away to being induct in PLAAN

Bro i don't what what military news article you talking about but i know one thing currently Type-003 is under construction than how can it be possible that it will be inducted early next year, if that in any military article then writer knows nothing about military development , especially naval development process and procedures, and PLAAN is not stupid to induct Type-003 without any testing after launching which takes years to complete, in my opinion Type-003 is 2/2.5 year away to being induct in PLAAN

Not the writer but the spokesperson who came up with the statement. Based on the latest photo on type003 development, all I can say is that spokesperson statement not going to realize. 2 to 2.5 years away to go is really some time to go. Can KJ600 take off from Type 002 without catapult launch? If no, the longer Type 003 development take, the longer these navalized aircrafts would take to enter active service.

Last edited:
Not the writer but the spokesperson who came up with the statement. Based on the latest photo on type003 development, all I can say is that spokesperson statement not going to realize. 2 to 2.5 years away to go is really some time to go.

Again, please enlighten us "which spokesman"? Surely not from the CMC, the PLA or the PLAN.
No credible and informed Chinese spokesman report that the 003 might be ready already this year or early next year.

Again, just use common logic: The vessel is much larger and complex than 002 and even if surely lot has been learned and they are building it a slightly different way to 002, they can not do magic.

003 by all reliable accounts has now reached a status of the 002 carrier about 18 months before launch. that was followed by about one years of sea trails and one can be sure that for this vessel this phase won't be shorter. As such this adds up to at least 2 1/2 years before service entry ... not next year and never ever this yera.

As such again, ask yourself about the credibility of "your sources"?!

Can KJ500 take off from Type 002 without catapult launch? If no, the longer Type 003 development take, the longer these navalized aircrafts would take to enter active service.

And concerning this question... no it cannot but does this matter in any way? The KJ-500 anyway was never meant to be launched off a carrier - maybe you mixed it with the KJ-600? - and even then it does not matter. These "navalized aircrafts WILL SURELY take LONGER to enter active service" alone based on the facts that the KJ-600's prototype had just its maiden flight and the J-35 hasn't been even unveiled yet.

In consequence within the next five to six years none of the new "navalized aircrafts would ... enter active service" since they need to fly first, get tested and certified. And during these years, the 001 & 002 will prepare and train pilots and naval crews so that only then after that all is done the 003 can truly enter PLAN service.

So there's nothing wrong and IMO everything's fine progressing exactly as scheduled and anyone who thought or even thinks the 003 was to enter service in 2020/21 should question his sources or check his own logic.

Back
Top Bottom