What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Again, please enlighten us "which spokesman"? Surely not from the CMC, the PLA or the PLAN.
No credible and informed Chinese spokesman report that the 003 might be ready already this year or early next year.

Again, just use common logic: The vessel is much larger and complex than 002 and even if surely lot has been learned and they are building it a slightly different way to 002, they can not do magic.

003 by all reliable accounts has now reached a status of the 002 carrier about 18 months before launch. that was followed by about one years of sea trails and one can be sure that for this vessel this phase won't be shorter. As such this adds up to at least 2 1/2 years before service entry ... not next year and never ever this yera.

As such again, ask yourself about the credibility of "your sources"?!

And concerning this question... no it cannot but does this matter in any way? The KJ-500 anyway was never meant to be launched off a carrier - maybe you mixed it with the KJ-600? - and even then it does not matter. These "navalized aircrafts WILL SURELY take LONGER to enter active service" alone based on the facts that the KJ-600's prototype had just its maiden flight and the J-35 hasn't been even unveiled yet.

In consequence within the next five to six years none of the new "navalized aircrafts would ... enter active service" since they need to fly first, get tested and certified. And during these years, the 001 & 002 will prepare and train pilots and naval crews so that only then after that all is done the 003 can truly enter PLAN service.

So there's nothing wrong and IMO everything's fine progressing exactly as scheduled and anyone who thought or even thinks the 003 was to enter service in 2020/21 should question his sources or check his own logic.

I read articles but don't remember the spokesperson name. Every time China military officers or manufacturer engineers released public info, I don't really memorize names but skipped straight to contents of latest news. Like recent numbers of articles said China must reverse engineer all technology that local manufacturers still rely on foreign suppliers fast before US blacklist preventing all foreign companies (including Japan, South Korea, Taiwan companies) from dealing with China or risk lawsuit equivalent to sanction violation subject to fine over hundreds of millions US$. I don't recall who was the person who mentioned it in the news.

I was referring to KJ600, you replied before I could finish editing previous post. 5 years is even longer than 2-2.5. At few times China was in close encounter with US intrusion, constant threat on naval exercise against China and military bickering. Due to these threat and US instigation on neighboring countries to hate/boycott/increase military standoff making China top commanders push for faster development of its carrier fleet. Only time would tell how soon the Type 003 along with new generation navalized aircraft would enter active service.

I was referring to KJ600, you replied before I could finish editing previous post. 5 years is even longer than 2-2.5. At few times China was in close encounter with US intrusion, constant threat on naval exercise against China and military bickering. Due to these threat and US instigation on neighboring countries to hate/boycott/increase military standoff making China top commanders push for faster development of its carrier fleet. Only time would tell how soon the Type 003 along with new generation navalized aircraft would enter active service.

PLEASE read again: Yes, "5 years is even longer than 2-2.5" but the estimated service entry date in 2.5 years does not mean it is combat ready and until this happens the J-15B will be sufficient.

As such regardless the arguments you mentioned, there is NO chance this carrier could be ready by late-2020/early-2021.

Not the writer but the spokesperson who came up with the statement. Based on the latest photo on type003 development, all I can say is that spokesperson statement not going to realize. 2 to 2.5 years away to go is really some time to go. Can KJ600 take off from Type 002 without catapult launch? If no, the longer Type 003 development take, the longer these navalized aircrafts would take to enter active service.
are you looking at the construction condition of Type-003 look above the pics of Type-003 is it ready for installing island structure/sensors/weapons/ propulsion system etc etc, its impossible for any country of the world to install such things in such things in such a short period of time (within few months)

And PLAAN is not stupid they will Induct type-003 without any tests and evaluate, you have no logic and common sense dude

Update
It's already one piece right now

0077b0Luly1glwdp4il5sj31900u019f.jpg
0077b0Luly1glwdp2r96cj31900u07jg.jpg

PLEASE read again: Yes, "5 years is even longer than 2-2.5" but the estimated service entry date in 2.5 years does not mean it is combat ready and until this happens the J-15B will be sufficient.

As such regardless the arguments you mentioned, there is NO chance this carrier could be ready by late-2020/early-2021.

I have already mentioned the spokesperson's goal not going to realize looking at the latest photo on Type 003 development. What argument are you referring to?
are you looking at the construction condition of Type-003 look above the pics of Type-003 is it ready for installing island structure/sensors/weapons/ propulsion system etc etc, its impossible for any country of the world to install such things in such things in such a short period of time (within few months)

And PLAAN is not stupid they will Induct type-003 without any tests and evaluate, you have no logic and common sense dude

You and Deino have problem understanding English?

I have already mentioned the spokesperson's goal not going to realize looking at the latest photo on Type 003 development. What argument are you referring to?

You and Deino have problem understanding English?

Maybe indeed I have an issue, but maybe it is also due to you ... in fact what do you mean with "the spokesperson's goal not going to realize looking at the latest photo on Type 003 development."??

- Do you mean you agree with us but the spokesman you were referring to ignored to look at the latest photos, since otherwise he would note he's wrong?
- Do you mean we are wrong, since a spokesman is much more knowledgeable than we and regardless the latest images, he is correct?

By the way, what spokesmen you are referring too?

If JNCX shipyard moves at the same construction speed as Dalian shipyard's CV17, this ship should be launched around 4th quarter of 2022.

However, since CV17 is the first domestic built aircraft carrier, there should be improvement on shortening of construction time for 2nd domestic build AC with lessons learned from CV17's construction. Hope they can launch it on the first half year of 2022.

Side note: the lower half hull now looks like a huge battleship of WW2.

Maybe indeed I have an issue, but maybe it is also due to you ... in fact what do you mean with "the spokesperson's goal not going to realize looking at the latest photo on Type 003 development."??

- Do you mean you agree with us but the spokesman you were referring to ignored to look at the latest photos, since otherwise he would note he's wrong?
- Do you mean we are wrong, since a spokesman is much more knowledgeable than we and regardless the latest images, he is correct?

By the way, what spokesmen you are referring too?

I didn't say you are wrong nor disagree with you. Since you have English issue, I'll use point form.

June or July 2020 - I read on newspaper and magazine military article that the PLAN or manufacturer spokesperson said they will complete the Type 003 carrier by year end or early next year to counter rising tension with US.

Dec 2020 - I read the comments here and saw recent development photo still the blocks of hulls. I said the spokesperson goal not going to happen since it's already year end.

Verdict - spokesperson said that probably just wanted to bicker with US during height of tension.

Based on experts, US politicians have phobia of being colonized if a rival country overtaken US in military technology strength and economy. For China, it is not about how long they can complete building a nuclear powered aircraft carrier but more on how much time left.
Yes But you don't have any sense and logic Mr

Refer my simplified English explanation. If you still don't get it, I will have to use translation to your primary language.

I didn't say you are wrong nor disagree with you. Since you have English issue, I'll use point form.

June or July 2020 - I read on newspaper and magazine military article that the PLAN or manufacturer spokesperson said they will complete the Type 003 carrier by year end or early next year to counter rising tension with US.

Dec 2020 - I read the comments here and saw recent development photo still the blocks of hulls. I said the spokesperson goal not going to happen since it's already year end.

Verdict - spokesperson said that probably just wanted to bicker with US during height of tension.

Based on experts, US politicians have phobia of being colonized if a rival country overtaken US in military technology strength and economy. For China, it is not about how long they can complete building a nuclear powered aircraft carrier but more on how much time left.

Refer my simplified English explanation. If you still don't get it, I will have to use translation to your primary language.

Thanks ... that indeed makes it clearer. I thought you would defend the point of view the carrier WILL be ready by year's end.

And that's in fact the reason why I still better rely on my own observation and trust a few reliable and credible posters and NOT what any official spokesman or other reporter - like Minnie Chan from the SCMP - claims: it is most often wrong, propaganda or reported that way for another reason.

Best and take care.

I think you are talking about the launching of 003, which could very well happen next year. But that does not mean the 003 will be "complete" by then ... there is still fitting out and sea trials for a couple years before commissioning, which is the real definition of "complete."

ITS ABOUT LAUCNHING NOT COMPLETION AND COMMISOINING IN PLAAN, WE HAVE NO COMPREHENSION ISSUE BUT YOU HAVE UNDERSTANDING ISSUE

ITS NOT ABOUT COMMSIONING AND COMPLETION IN OF TYPE-003 IN PLAAN BUT ITS ABOUT LAUNCHING, AND AFTER THAT ITS TALKES COUPLE OF YEARS TO TEST AND THEN COMMISION BY PLAAN

Last edited:
ITS ABOUT LAUCNHING NOT COMPLETION AND COMMISOINING IN PLAAN, WE HAVE NO COMPREHENSION ISSUE BUT YOU HAVE UNDERSTANDING ISSUE

ITS NOT ABOUT COMMSIONING AND COMPLETION IN OF TYPE-003 IN PLAAN BUT ITS ABOUT LAUNCHING, AND AFTER THAT ITS TALKES COUPLE OF YEARS TO TEST AND THEN COMMISION BY PLAAN
Please stop posting in all caps ... you are just trying to incite a flame war here.

Back
Top Bottom