What's new

CV-18 Fujian - Type 003 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

Thanks ... that indeed makes it clearer. I thought you would defend the point of view the carrier WILL be ready by year's end.

And that's in fact the reason why I still better rely on my own observation and trust a few reliable and credible posters and NOT what any official spokesman or other reporter - like Minnie Chan from the SCMP - claims: it is most often wrong, propaganda or reported that way for another reason.

Best and take care.

Right Deino, you too take care
I think you are talking about the launching of 003, which could very well happen next year. But that does not mean the 003 will be "complete" by then ... there is still fitting out and sea trials for a couple years before commissioning, which is the real definition of "complete."

That could be the point, articles usually said it in general repeating what spokesperson said. There sure are lots of testing and trials being conducted by then. J-15B, KJ-600, J-35 would have to queue up for trials and testing on Type 003.

any possible PLAAF getting SU-57 for 003, since J-15 outdated for future combat (no stealth capability) facing F35, etc.. plus alot enthusiast said China like heavy and big fighter ...
su-57 also can be trainer for J-20/J-31

any possible PLAAF getting SU-57 for 003, since J-15 outdated for future combat (no stealth capability) facing F35, etc.. plus alot enthusiast said China like heavy and big fighter ...
No way ... Russia has neither the resources or the capability to operate a CBG. If you look at Russia's surface fleet, it is barely scraping by. Just search up images of the Admiral Kuznetsov carrier. If China really wanted or needed the Su-57, they can definitely just go up to Russia and purchase it with cash instead.

PLAAF is air force while Type 003, J-15 belong to navy PLAN.

SU-57 is not designed for carrier landing and would require partial or total redesign to have low speed stability which can only be done by Russian so not possible. Su-57 is single seat stealth fighter so it can't be trainer.

China PLAN is coming up with J-35 navalized stealth fighter so there is no need to buy Su-57.

You better stick to carrier talk.

PLAAF is air force while Type 003, J-15 belong to navy PLAN.
SU-57 is not designed for carrier landing and would require partial or total redesign to have low speed stability which can only be done by Russian so not possible. Su-57 is single seat stealth fighter so it can't be trainer.
China PLAN is coming up with J-35 navalized stealth fighter so there is no need to buy Su-57.
You better stick to carrier talk.
AC also can't run from Navy fighter, as long not deep talk to fighter will be fine, just talks related with AC,
Su-57 maker said Su-57 can be carrier fighter if there is required by any navy. 003 to run Su-57 should be no issue.
what i is means combat trainer , like internal Su-57 vs J-20/J-35 exercise . J-20/J-35 need high level fighter to test capability and improve.

AC also can't run from Navy fighter, as long not deep talk to fighter will be fine, just talks related with AC,
Su-57 maker said Su-57 can be carrier fighter if there is required by any navy. 003 to run Su-57 should be no issue.
what i is means combat trainer , like internal Su-57 vs J-20/J-35 exercise . J-20/J-35 need high level fighter to test capability and improve.
An Su-57 CATOBAR variant will be an extremely expensive and niche combat trainer ... SAC could easily make one for the J-35 that is not only a better trainer but also cheaper and more capable since the Su-57 is not designed for carrier ops.

No, plain and simple NO. And a lot of enthusiasts also say Pakistan might get the Liaoning one day or the J-20, but that does not make it real.

An Su-57 CATOBAR variant will be an extremely expensive and niche combat trainer ... SAC could easily make one for the J-35 that is not only a better trainer but also cheaper and more capable since the Su-57 is not designed for carrier ops.

A Su-57 trainer is in fact a pretty ridiculous idea. :hitwall:
To convert a not yet proven design to be carrier-capable is already a tremendous issue and then you need to develop a trainer variant of this!?? Not sure, what this guy smoked, but he should stay away from this stuff.

And now back to the topic, I don't understand :crazy:why always such most ridiculous and stupid ideas come from ... and here i better stop my sentence.

Right Deino, you too take care

That could be the point, articles usually said it in general repeating what spokesperson said. There sure are lots of testing and trials being conducted by then. J-15B, KJ-600, J-35 would have to queue up for trials and testing on Type 003.
And these trials and testing need years to complete

US ATF requirements included for US Navy fighters, do you know why there is no navalized F-22 until now? The navalized F-22 with strengthened landing gear and arrestor hook could easily take off but the landing part is the main issue as the F-22 approaches too fast. if Sukhoi claimed SU-57 could operate from carrier, yes it could take off but landing it will be problem.

Carrier based fighters need more swept forward less aerodynamic wings for low speed stability and maneuverability especially below 200kts and could still maneuver at 140kts stable glide down onto deck, and if landing unsuccessful, could still gain momentum to go full throttle and back into the air. This is why you see carrier based fighters are slower compared to land based fighters wth wings focus on lift.

Russians won't let you buy few fighters if your country has ability to reverse engineer and replicate their stealth SU-57. Look at Su-35, China has to buy numbers of them at higher price. The price of buying the minimum required Su-57 is enough for you to manufacture far more J-35.
And these trials and testing need years to complete

Ofcourse, this applies on production model too with modification and upgrade added later as trials and testing never stops.

Russians won't let you buy few fighters if your country has ability to reverse engineer and replicate their stealth SU-57.
I really don't know what China has to gain from reverse engineering the Su-57 ... its subsystems and overall shaping is inferior to that of the J-20. You can find numerous flaws in the Su-57 with regards to a VLO design. But if India acquires the Su-57 for whatever reason, I think it would be wise for China to purchase it for evaluation and training (e.g. OpFor "Blue Team") purposes.
then why you're saying that Type-003 will induct by PLAAN early next year, and stop your stupid analysis on this and J-20 thread
Can you please calm down. I really don't see any need for this type of insult ... you or I may disagree with analysis but deriding it as "stupid" is not conducive.

And now back to the topic, which is the Type 003 carrier and not any random idea to buy a Russian jet

then why you're saying that Type-003 will induct by PLAAN early next year, and stop your stupid analysis on this and J-20 thread

Seems like you're the only 1 left still don't understand simple English despite explanation simplified to very basic point form. Aren't you the stupid then? What is your primary language, I'll use google translate now. I stated clearly the spokesperson claim and goal not going to happen. Please change your avatar because you're not qualified to have J-20, change it to J-7 now.
I really don't know what China has to gain from reverse engineering the Su-57 ... its subsystems and overall shaping is inferior to that of the J-20. You can find numerous flaws in the Su-57 with regards to a VLO design. But if India acquires the Su-57 for whatever reason, I think it would be wise for China to purchase it for evaluation and training (e.g. OpFor "Blue Team") purposes.

Can you please calm down. I really don't see any need for this type of insult ... you or I may disagree with analysis but deriding it as "stupid" is not conducive.

There is none, nothing to reverse engineer. Just replying to waja2000 question. Back to topic, Type 003 will be nuclear powered and have EMALS? It won't be powered by boilers and have separate small nuclear reactor to generate power for EMALS? Just wanted to know

Last edited:
So far two 003 hangar modules have been identified. One is on the waiting yard next to 003, another is located at the fabrication yard at the new harbour basin as depicted below.

0                                                           19f.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom