What's new

CV-17 Shandong - Type 002 Aircraft Carrier News & Discussions

I tend to think the construction of CV18 will be begin earlier than that says by early 2020.

China may skip the STEAM catapult altogether and jump straight into EMAL technology.

China is waiting for the most advanced nuclear reactor and the perfect EMALS, so these gadgets will be reserved for the CVN-20 which its construction will be started after 2020.

China is waiting for the most advanced nuclear reactor and the perfect EMALS, so these gadgets will be reserved for the CVN-20 which its construction will be started after 2020.
Personally I think those nuclear reactors much like the EMAL are ready.

Just waiting for the right vessel to fix them on.

If one truly try to understand the Chinese, they should understand by now how China do thing their way and very systematically.

One step at a time.

The Chinese called it "Learning to crawl before one learn to walk".

RO101 heavy Gas Turbine may be used in China conventional powere Aircrafts Carrier.

r0110_gas_turbine.jpg

r0110_heavyduty_gas_turbine_specs.jpg

Since 2002 China has been working on a national research project to independently develop a heavy-duty gas turbine named R0110. The turbine is said to have an output of 110 MW, design speed of 3000r/min, a thermal efficiency of 36% and nitrogen oxide emissions of less than 50 mg / cubic meter.

Personally I think those nuclear reactors much like the EMAL are ready.

Just waiting for the right vessel to fix them on.

If one truly try to understand the Chinese, they should understand by now how China do thing their way and very systematically.

One step at a time.

The Chinese called it "Learning to crawl before one learn to walk".

RO101 heavy Gas Turbine may be used in China conventional powere Aircrafts Carrier.

Since 2002 China has been working on a national research project to independently develop a heavy-duty gas turbine named R0110. The turbine is said to have an output of 110 MW, design speed of 3000r/min, a thermal efficiency of 36% and nitrogen oxide emissions of less than 50 mg / cubic meter.

The technology used for power plant turbines were the same for marine turbines, I saw a documentary on this.There is a reason why China suddenly mass produces destroyers now. We will only do it when we can produce almost the whole ship. The same reason why HSR only took off after we can develop our own trainsets. Mass production always happen when indigenous content is 100%.

This new carrier will help enforce chineese naval power projection throughout the south China sea.

Back
Top Bottom