What's new

Cricket: Pakistan set to ban five players until World Cup

Hyde

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan set to ban five players

PAKISTAN is set to bar five players from their team until after next year's World Cup under an agreement with the ICC, according to former Pakistan batsman Aftab Gul.

Gul, who is now a lawyer and is representing suspended Pakistan captain Salman Butt in the investigation into the Lord's spot-fixing scandal, named the players as Butt, Mohammed Aamer, Mohammad Asif, Kamran Akmal and Danish Kaneria.

"The International Cricket Council and Pakistan Cricket Board chairman, Ijaz Butt have entered into a verbal agreement that these players will not represent the Pakistan team at least until the World Cup is played, " Gul said.

"I have this information from the people involved with the game and I am 100 per cent sure that these players will not play the World Cup".

Butt, Aamer, Asif and Akmal are all under investigation for allegedly engaging in spot fixing - guaranteeing certain outcomes - during the match against England at Lord's in August.

Aamer and Asif are alleged to have bowled no-balls to order - a move that would to potentially hugely benefit betting syndicates.

Akmal is also under investigation by the ICC for allegedly being involved in fixing Pakistan's Test against Australia at the SCG in Sydney.

The reason for Kaneria's exclusion from the squad it not clear. He had been picked for Pakistan's team to play two upcoming Tests against South Africa but was suddenly omitted.

Pakistan is scheduled to travel to New Zealand (December 26 to Feb. 5) and play three Twenty20s, two Tests matches and six ODIs' before the next year's World Cup to be played in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.

recently ICC declared that SCG test was clear.They did an official press conference for it.Kamran Akmal was allegedly known to involved in that,but he was not known to be involved in any other incident so why he has to be suspended.
I doubt that he will be suspended as he played recently Quaid-e-Azam trophy.
While the remaining four we already know they will not play

Last edited:

karthic-sri-albums-mine-picture3692-polar-bear-face-palm-thumbnail1.jpg

Why Kaneria? I don't get it.

As for the rest, all bar Amir need life ban. Amir needs to be banned for at least 2 years.

Its all PCB's fault, Amir is just 17, they shud have taken care of em, one can easily bribe a 17 year kid

I knew all this drama is about banning these players from World Cup!!! And ICC is working hard for achieving their goal!!!!!

ICC knows with Amir , Asif

Pakistan finally has 2 pair WORLD clas bowling attack and that is why they are being banned - its no no ball drama the drama is to make sure Pakistan is never in full POTENTIAL in any competetion

We had 2 BEST bowlers after Waqar and Wasim and now we don`t

Salman but recently defeated Australia and dedicated the win to Pakistan and its ppl

The players are not wrong they should play for Pakistan if they already annouced that there was nothing wrong done

If this is the only way ENGLAND will win world cup then I am sorry I am not interested in watching ...

I want to see the players who were cleared by police 100% to play in world cup

:pakistan:

ICC was embarassed when Pakistan won T20 as no country visits Pakistan
and IPL was also embarssed when it omitted best players in world in T20

So ... this whole issue is a backlash from time when Pakistani players showed anger in being omitted from IPL ...

And also when time PCB decided to take ICC to court over World Cup money ....

This punishment is for those two incidents

Kaneria because he was alleged to spot fix in one of the county matches he was playing in England..

Back
Top Bottom