What's new

CPEC set to attract $150b investment in Pakistan

yes thats the plan but lets see, we truly want india to be part of this project too for its own mutual benefits and regional economic connectivity. Even the eastern route passes very close to indian border in a hope to tempt them to join it.

I wrote it just a few days ago on a different thread where Iran wanted to join the CPEC. I've met with a couple dozen Indian businessmen at their Indian-American Business Association. About 90% of them are anxious to jump into the CPEC and know how it would revolutionalize a third of world's economy and population through rail, 4 hour flight and a short shipping distance. But that's in the near future. Right now, they want to continue to milk the US out of money. These guys are very smart.

I bet my money on it, when CPEC phase II starts and things start to move between the Central Russian states, Russia, Iran, China and ME through Pakistan, India will one day wake up being "buddy buddy" to this CPEC like they were never oppose to it. Just watch :lol:

I wrote it just a few days ago on a different thread where Iran wanted to join the CPEC. I've met with a couple dozen Indian businessmen at their Indian-American Business Association. About 90% of them are anxious to jump into the CPEC and know how it would revolutionalize a third of world's economy and population through rail, 4 hour flight and a short shipping distance. But that's in the near future. Right now, they want to continue to milk the US out of money. These guys are very smart.

I bet my money on it, when CPEC phase II starts and things start to move between the Central Russian states, Russia, Iran, China and ME through Pakistan, India will one day wake up being "buddy buddy" to this CPEC like they were never oppose to it. Just watch :lol:
infact That way American Pivot to Asia will get indirect benefits, since it will help indian, economy, trade and ensuring a smooth and cost effective rise of that country. Further strengthening its position viz a viz china economically?

@Umair Nawaz thanks for the tag.

Excellent prospects for Pakistan indeed especially in service sector. And that is what will give greater employment to greater number of people too.

After going through a number of posts, what I can discern, and here am saying out of my own personal belief, is that like India had suggested relegating Kashmir to the background, as we did in case of Chinese issue, we, as countries, should relegate it to the background, and proceed on mutual trade enhancement. The advent of CPEC should not be a challenge, rather be a welcome development for all sensible people. However, the animosity is unfortunately far too greater here.

I think Pakistan should grant MFN status to India and get majorly into trade. Pakistan supplied a lot of items to India also. We need the trade to join the nations while maintaining a status quo on contentious issues and focussing more on pacts/links that are mutual benefit.

It is high time that trade, economic prosperity becomes the focus of our relatively young nations.

@HAKIKAT @Razia Sultana @Soul @pakistani342 @hellfire @PARIKRAMA @Shakuni & Ravan @mohsen @Serpentine

'They plan they plot, so does Allah and Allah is the best of planners' ; Quran.
Despite the fact that India can not support this project for only one reason that it passes through an Indian territory in Pakistan's occupation, the investment is indeed good for your country. I really wish it boosts your economy and brings the growth on par with Bangladesh. Best wishes!

@Umair Nawaz thanks for the tag.

Excellent prospects for Pakistan indeed especially in service sector. And that is what will give greater employment to greater number of people too.

After going through a number of posts, what I can discern, and here am saying out of my own personal belief, is that like India had suggested relegating Kashmir to the background, as we did in case of Chinese issue, we, as countries, should relegate it to the background, and proceed on mutual trade enhancement. The advent of CPEC should not be a challenge, rather be a welcome development for all sensible people. However, the animosity is unfortunately far too greater here.

I think Pakistan should grant MFN status to India and get majorly into trade. Pakistan supplied a lot of items to India also. We need the trade to join the nations while maintaining a status quo on contentious issues and focussing more on pacts/links that are mutual benefit.

It is high time that trade, economic prosperity becomes the focus of our relatively young nations.
keep the focus on CPEC for now, for MFN and putting Kashmir issue on ''background'' will never happen. Our markets and anything else would only happen for indian companies when india will give up on kashmir, thats our stance and it remains crystal clear. Basically if u want to carter the world's 5th largest market then u will have to give us something in return which is worth giving u 5th largest market.

Now regarding CPEC its a transit and energy production and import project. Yr welcome for that purpose. We may give u trade routes for international trade and transit oil gas pipelines into yr own consumer market not for selling yr goods/investment into our domestic market.

Infact im myself strictly against allowing MFN or putting Kashmir issue in the background......Thats NEVER going to happen without Kashmir.

Despite the fact that India can not support this project for only one reason that it passes through an Indian territory in Pakistan's occupation, the investment is indeed good for your country. I really wish it boosts your economy and brings the growth on par with Bangladesh. Best wishes!
on per with bangladesh? r u serious? comparing our country with them is like an insult to us. Remember! we already r 26th largest economy in terms of PPP. This with help us get into G20 bracket.

First go through this thread, since that wasnt the reason for me to quote u. We want u to join CPEC.

Our markets and anything else would only happen for indian companies when india will give up on kashmir, thats our stance and it remains crystal clear. Basically if u want to carter the world's 5th largest market then u will have to give us something in return which is worth giving u 5th largest market.
Please get your intelligence tested. I think you must be in the bottom quartile of the entire planet. In that little short post of yours, you made 3 glaring mistakes.

Mistake number 1 you made:

A market is defined by its economic size, not its population size.
Pakistan is the Worlds 38th largest market. Yes, let me reiterate that for you - Thirty Eighth

Mistake number 2 you made:

Whereas signing of MFN and opening markets is reciprocal. In case you don't understand what that means -
That would mean Pakistan would get access to the Worlds 7th largest market.
Yes, let me reiterate that for you - Seventh.

All in all, by signing MFN with India, Pakistan would be the bigger beneficiary, not India.

Mistake number 3 you made:
Lastly, even if Pakistan were the Worlds biggest market the size of US, China and Japan put together, India would still not put up Kashmir.

There is no circumstance under which India would ever be ready to barter Kashmir.

on per with bangladesh? r u serious? comparing our country with them is like an insult to us. Remember! we already r 26th largest economy in terms of PPP. This with help us get into G20 bracket.

First go through this thread, since that wasnt the reason for me to quote u. We want u to join CPEC.
And yet, in 1.5 decades Bangladesh would surpass your economy.
They have already surpassed Pakistan in all social indicators.

Please get your intelligence tested. I think you must be in the bottom quartile of the entire planet. In that little short post of yours, you made 3 glaring mistakes.

Pakistan is the Worlds 38th largest market. Yes, let me reiterate that for you - Thirty Eighth

Whereas signing of MFN and opening markets is reciprocal. In case you don't understand what that means -

All in all, by signing MFN with India, Pakistan would be the bigger beneficiary, not India.

Lastly, even if Pakistan were the Worlds biggest market the size of US, China and Japan put together, India would still not put up Kashmir.

There is no circumstance under which India would ever be ready to barter Kashmir.

1) fair enough. But i was talking abt potential consumer market which is of 200 million.
2) How about i tell u that we dont have any interest in catering yr domestic market, nor do we have a real MNCs which can compete yr own MNCs as well as already established international MNCs which have already consolidated in almost every sector of yr market. Its a lost cause for us but same isnt the case for yr MNCs when it comes to invest and do business in our country. We hardly have a competition.

So over the surface i do agree by reading the rules it does looks mutual beneficial, but in reality it isnt.

3) Well then, thats something u will have to with or with MFN or anything else. Anyways lets see.

Regarding yr t that u wrote that they have already passes in all social indicators, makes me laugh at yr lack of knowledge about my country. Remember! yr commenting in a thread which says we r going to attract 150 billions in investments in CPEC alone!!!!!

Kindly don't be a professor on economics and guide them. We have lots of problem in home you can contribute towards rectifying mistakes which we are doing.

It's their headache let them cure them selves. Why to help the rival?

2) How about i tell u that we dont have any interest in catering yr domestic market, nor do we have a real MNCs which can compete yr own MNCs as well as already established international MNCs which have already consolidated in almost every sector of yr market. Its a lost cause for us but same isnt the case for yr MNCs when it comes to invest and do business in our country. We hardly have a competition.

So over the surface i do agree by reading the rules it does looks mutual beneficial, but in reality it isnt.
Once again you are wrong. Look up current Pakistani trade with India.
Off the top of my head - Pakistani companies are more competitive than Indian ones in Cement, Textiles and Chemical sectors. These companies are already exporting well to India despite the lack of a favourable treaty and shoddy treatment they get in India due to lack of an enabling environment.

That alone shows how competitive they are.

This is just an example.

If you underestimate or are unaware of your countries entrepreneurs then I have no solution for you. Imagine if these companies also had the support of a trade agreement. They would be unstoppable.
3) Well then, thats something u will have to with or with MFN or anything else. Anyways lets see.
Yes, this cannot be changed. It shall remain like this.
Regarding yr t that u wrote that they have already passes in all social indicators, makes me laugh at yr lack of knowledge about my country. Remember! yr commenting in a thread which says we r going to attract 150 billions in investments in CPEC alone!!!!!
No, you need to read up
http://country-facts.findthedata.com/compare/136-182/Bangladesh-vs-Pakistan

And this is old data. Bangladesh has already surpassed Pakistan in social indicators of Health, Literacy, Family Planning, Life Expectancy among others indicators. All this despite them being much behind Pakistan in 1971.

And Their economic growth rate is above Pakistan.

Please look up various stats by world bank and world health organization.
The day these statistics change, I will say that as well. For now, these are the stats.

Kindly don't be a professor on economics and guide them. We have lots of problem in home you can contribute towards rectifying mistakes which we are doing.

It's their headache let them cure them selves. Why to help the rival?
lol.
It doesn't matter. The world becomes a better place with more knowledge.

Once again you are wrong. Look up current Pakistani trade with India.
Off the top of my head - Pakistani companies are more competitive than Indian ones in Cement, Textiles and Chemical sectors. These companies are already exporting well to India despite the lack of a favourable treaty and shoddy treatment they get in India due to lack of an enabling environment.

That alone shows how competitive they are.

This is just an example.

If you underestimate or are unaware of your countries entrepreneurs then I have no solution for you. Imagine if these companies also had the support of a trade agreement. They would be unstoppable.

Yes, this cannot be changed. It shall remain like this.

No, you need to read up
http://country-facts.findthedata.com/compare/136-182/Bangladesh-vs-Pakistan

And this is old data. Bangladesh has already surpassed Pakistan in social indicators of Health, Literacy, Family Planning, Life Expectancy among others indicators.

And Their economic growth rate is above Pakistan.

Please look up various stats by world bank and world health organization.
The day these statistics change, I will say that as well. For now, these are the stats.
lol have u even seen trade deficit b/w Pakistan &India? Yr gonna fool no one here, so kindly buzz off.

And again u came up with a country like bangladesh!:rofl:
Son! let me inform u that we r also 7th largest contributor in terms of scientists and engineers too. And on top of it we ARE a nuke power as well which according to western scientists is the fastest growing nuclear state.......And yr talking abt literacy rate? I mean what has bangladesh contributed in terms of science n tech, Stealth Dhoti?? We r even a member of CERN too where yr not even an observer anymore. And yr talking abt literacy rate? i mean seriously!!!

Yr comparing today's handicapped Pakistan which is in a state of war, who lost about 50,000 plus people and 106 billion economic loss in WOT with a country who even hasnt even sacrificed 10% of losses in life and economy in comparison of Pakistan. Still even because of that we managed to grow with 4-5%. This year we r growing at 5.2-5.6%.

Before WOT i mean before 2008 we were growing @7.5% average. We even touched 8% once in the past decade making us fastest growing economy behind China in Asia. U were not even in picture back then and that 8% growth u reached in 2010.

This article clearly mentions that this CPEC will over time contribute to atleast 2% in our already existing growth, so that 5% will easily become 7% in a few years down the line. Even our GDP of today far exceeds Bangladesh's and by the time they will reach us we already would be ahead of them. Do u even know in economical circles of Pakistan we r looking at 1 trillion economy by 2025? There is reason why pakistan is amongst N11 countries for next 10 years.

Now coming back to CPEC, that would atleast bring 150 billions in FDI alone in next 16 years and i havnt been talked abt other sectors of economy, in which Germany, UK, Japan, South Korea, America as well as Turkey, Iran, GCC and Russia is contributing at. Basically west is investing heavily too, to keep us under their camp. And influence this new Asiatic economic connectivity. Before that since 2008 we berely had any FDI but still managed to growth at zardari's times with meager 1-2% till 2010, then it grew till 3% and after NS its now at 5% and above.

And yr comparing us with Bangladesh! which is at best a vessel state of a third world country!!!! Even if for sake of argument i agree that by some miracle they do manage to surpass us then they WILL never be able to hold that position for even a year. Bangladesh has very meager resources in terms of natural resources, oil, gas, minerals, Gold etc only Jude and textile dont make one a respected G20 country. Pakistan BTW is in top 5 when it comes to untapped natural resources since we directly share our borders with middle east and most of our terrain is desert. We r total self sustain in that side.

I mean really grow up and stop playing, its even an insult for us to be compared with a Country like Bangladesh to begin with.

Last edited:

I wanted to wish you to grow like India but then I thought you wont like it being compared with us so I said Bangladesh. And whats wrong with BD that you feel insulted being compared with them? Don't you know that their growth rate in last 5 years has been consistently over 6%. Pakistan's highest growth rate (5.54) in last 10 years was less than Bangladesh's lowest growth rate. The export growth and forex reserves have been phenomenal for BD. If someone wishes India to grow her GDP like Papua New Guinea or Ethiopia, we would be very thankful for the kind wishes. Being 6th most populous country with an economy at number 26 is not a great statistics.
As regards to our joining CPEC, India is open for any kind of economic cooperation by keeping differences aside. When we were considered as Soviet ally, we did lots of business with NATO nations and now when we are called US ally, we are doing lots of business with China, When it comes to the future of our children, we are ready to keep aside political differences.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom