What's new

CPEC set to attract $150b investment in Pakistan

Umair Nawaz

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
AR-160919912.jpg&MaxW=780&imageVersion=16by9&NCS_modified=20160913055110

China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) is planned to shoot up for a $ 150 billion investment, And a new whole world of business that will make it the largest economic region, as details of its size and stature are unveiled this week.

The plan is to connect three engines of growth - South Asia, China and Central Asian Republics and aligning it with the entire South, Northern and North-Western regions.

"CPEC will blaze a whole new trail," Chinese President Xi Jinping and Prime Minister Nawaz Shairf say.

The latest "Summit of top government leaders and Investors" which has just concluded in Islamabad, projects the overall international investment in CPEC, covering 2014 to 2030, will shoot up to $150 billion, terming the $46 billion initial plans for it as just the starters - just the beginning of its phase one. Prime minister Nawaz Shairf, while inaugurating the summit said CPEC is going to change fate of the entire region. He said it will eliminate poverty and unemployment and bring the people up-front into the mainstream of modern and developed countries.

"The CPEC project is the fusion of President Xi's 'one Belt One-Road' with Pakistan's 'Vision 2025', which is sought to harness Pakistan's geo-political position into geo-economic advantage by connecting the three engines of growth - South Asia, China and Central Asia," Sharif said.

Finance Minister Ishaq Dar, speaking about the CPEC, its economic fruits, and investment and business potential of Pakistan, at the summit, said Pakistan will soon become the choice destination for foreign investment.

Miftah Ismail, chairman of Board of Investment (BoI) said on completion of this mega project, Pakistan will be expecting approximately $150 billion international investment in the country into different business and manufacturing centers and investment by Chinese firms.

"The estimate for the projected investment of $150 billion have been worked out on the basis of firm commitments with prospective investors," he said.

Ahsan Iqbal, Minister for Planning and Development, who is also Minister-in-Charge of CPEC, said the connectivity through this mega project will enhance trade opportunities for Pakistan with 70 per cent of the international maritime trade via Pakistan's two big ports of Karachi and the new Chinese-built port of Gwadar. "Gwadar will fast track exports and import to and from UAE, GCC, Saudi Arabia and adjacent regions," he said.

"About $18 billion worth of projects are in the implementation phase while the remaining portfolios of $17 billion projects are at the preparation stage," Ahsan Iqbal said.

An amount of $11 billion will be spent on infrastructure - mainly construction of roads and development of Gwadar port.

Chinese Ambassador to Pakistan Sun Weidong, speaking at the summit said: "We look forward to speedy completion of the projects, included in the CPEC plan. We hope, with its full implementation, it will help create more jobs, provide better health and educational facilities."

Yan Zhiyong, chairman, Power Construction Corporation of China, spoke on the role of China in promoting 'One-belt one-road CPEC initiative'. The summit attracted more than 150 leading Chinese businessmen and investors, representing industries ranging from energy to autos.

Nasir Saeed, vice-president of the Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry, said CPEC has drawn the attention of foreign investors towards Pakistan.

Ali Mohammad, chairman of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills, asked Chinese companies to shift plants to Pakistan to overcome their high labour cost.

"Pakistan will help with its has a hug bulge of youth population. China is still exporting 36 per cent of world's textiles," he said.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/business/economy/cpec-set-to-attract-150b-investment-in-pakistan

Last edited:
Ali Mohammad, chairman of Gul Ahmed Textile Mills, asked Chinese companies to shift plants to Pakistan to overcome their high labour cost.

"Pakistan will help with its has a hug bulge of youth population. China is still exporting 36 per cent of world's textiles," he said.

lolz the youth can work in mills like thier grandfathers, instead of education. ali should send his family to work the mils as an example.

Miftah Ismail, chairman of Board of Investment (BoI) said on completion of this mega project, Pakistan will be expecting approximately $150 billion international investment in the country into different business and manufacturing centers and investment by Chinese firms.

$150 billion by China alone? How much is expected from non-Chinese sources?

lolz the youth can work in mills like thier grandfathers, instead of education. ali should send his family to work the mils as an example.
dont worry there is plenty of unemployed youth as well as people in Pakistan who will get a chance to earn their bread n butter. Remember even for education, u need $$$ in yr pocket. Or else u have never been to a university/college.

Last edited:
dont worry there is plenty of unemployed youth as well as people in Pakistan who will get a chance to earn their bread n butter. Remember ever for education, u need $$$ in yr pocket. Or else u have never been to a university/college.

There are millions and millions of unemployed...
I dont know which world people live in...evwry one cannot be the factory owner..

$150 billion by China alone? How much is expected from non-Chinese sources?
read the news first...projects the overall international investment in CPEC, covering 2014 to 2030, will shoot up to $150 billion

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/cpec-set-to-attract-150b-investment-in-pakistan.449201/#ixzz4KANBsKJH

There are millions and millions of unemployed...
I dont know which world people live in...evwry one cannot be the factory owner..
lol it costs atleast 100,000 -200,000 in a fairly good reputation university for just one semester these days....

I mean really common yr trying to educate everyone in a country who is under capitalism.

dont worry there is plenty of unemployed youth as well as people in Pakistan who will get a chance to earn their bread n butter. Remember ever for education, u need $$$ in yr pocket. Or else u have never been to a university/college.

well i dont know but i doubt factory textile worker is going to earn enuff to send his kid to proper institution to get educated. what wrong with proper factories like solar panel making/wind turbine, proper metal work/cnc/ wood work/ i am taking computerised. why the hell our leaders want us to be carpet and kebab makers.

pakistan needs solar and if house equipped with solar/wid turbine, it can feed back into the grid.
why cant we have factory making water filter it not hard, so that everyhouse hold can drink pure clean water plus you can make portable water filter so people traveling in pak can drink out of river. i got one myself.

sawyer-products-mini-water-filtration-system.jpg

instead we have prime minister who is a fat slob who owns sugar mills run by raw.

well i dont know but i doubt factory textile worker is going to earn enuff to send his kid to proper institution to get educated. what wrong with proper factories like solar panel making/wind turbine, proper metal work/cnc/ wood work/ i am taking computerised. why the hell our leaders want us to be carpet and kebab makers.

pakistan needs solar and if house equipped with solar/wid turbine, it can feed back into the grid.
why cant we have factory making water filter it not hard, so that everyhouse hold can drink pure clean water plus you can make portable water filter so people traveling in pak can drink out of river. i got one myself.

sawyer-products-mini-water-filtration-system.jpg

instead we have prime minister who is a fat slob who owns sugar mills run by raw.
yr assuming way too much here, have u ever been to south n central punjab in the first place? this is where people drink contaminated water, mothers sell their children in a hope that maybe a financially strong family may adopt them. Young girls, women r forced to sell their bodies to feed their children, younger siblings. Well to be honest paying 100,000-200,000 for just one semester fees in a university is far far away from their reach nor r they thinking about that to be honest. All first they r concern abt is feeding their families first by a proper way from that they can stand on their own feet.

And employing them initially atleast as a factory worker is a good start for their lives to find a proper purpose and direction.

Yr probably living in the west and comparing yr lives and values as well as concerns with them who have no basic facilities to survive. Lets first take their standard of living to the level where u and i r standing now so that they can stand shoulder to shoulder with me and u. Then we can talk abt all those things

Remember Pakistan is a capitalist society, and overall system in our country is capitalism.

Last edited:
I saw this in TOI . Some issues may be omitted or ignored (like India protests for the sake of sanity in this thread) but it raises very good prospects for Pakistan once it is successfully implemented

CPEC.jpg

I like the gains for Pakistan and for China as mentioned here in infographic. You see its rare to see such infographic in Indian mainstream media.

No doubt the military aspect will be there over time as mentioned but then thats fine as per me. Even if someone invests $50Bn building up a place , for protecting such strategic investments adequate measures have to be taken.

@WAJsal @waz @hellfire @Joe Shearer @MilSpec @nair

Yeah sure. I'll see when the fruits are there to say.

Saying it easy..

Get to work, and then talk.

it was on forum thread about his sugar mills/indians. i already told you can ask the forum they might give you link to the thread so you can read it.

it been 60 yrs. punjab has all the gifts like nawaz sharif and the best agriculture/ military domination. no execuse.
contaminated water easy to solve = water filter "lifestraw". Working in factory with no rights/ethics they probably end up dying from exuastion or trapped in machine no safety. every year we send so much money for water well,food,bakra/cow/education if this was another country, it would have atleast solved water contamination.
more like communist.
u probably havnt read my post carefully..... Last paragraph quoted again!

Yr probably living in the west and comparing yr lives and values as well as concerns with them who have no basic facilities to survive. Lets first take their standard of living to the level where u r now so that they can stand shoulder to shoulder with me and u. Then we can talk abt all those things

Remember Pakistan is a capitalist society, and overall system in our country is capitalism.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/cpec-set-to-attract-150b-investment-in-pakistan.449201/#ixzz4KAY89sbq

u probably havnt read my post carefully..... Last paragraph quoted again!

Yr probably living in the west and comparing yr lives and values as well as concerns with them who have no basic facilities to survive. Lets first take their standard of living to the level where u r now so that they can stand shoulder to shoulder with me and u. Then we can talk abt all those things

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/cpec-set-to-attract-150b-investment-in-pakistan.449201/#ixzz4KAY89sbq

as far as i am concerned this should have been solved along time ago. why not try diffrerent jobs our leaders want to keep us as kebab makers and carpet weavers.
we british pakistanis do our part more than whole punjab put together, when it comes to charity we send so much money it unbeliveable. These days our people are asking questions, and fed up. majority paks in pak spend money on stupid things suffer from ego and backward ideas. This type pf people rather spend 3 grand on car than on thier kid medcine or operation. Rather save 100 rupees than to get bike serviced than they have accident cos brakes failed.

give it another 60 yrs and the best they can offer is textile factory, with 1920s machihery.

I saw this in TOI . Some issues may be omitted or ignored (like India protests for the sake of sanity in this thread) but it raises very good prospects for Pakistan once it is successfully implemented

View attachment 334089

I like the gains for Pakistan and for China as mentioned here in infographic. You see its rare to see such infographic in Indian mainstream media.

No doubt the military aspect will be there over time as mentioned but then thats fine as per me. Even if someone invests $50Bn building up a place , for protecting such strategic investments adequate measures have to be taken.

@WAJsal @waz @hellfire @Joe Shearer @MilSpec @nair
india must understand that prosperity of Pakistan is in its direct interests. India cant have a smooth rise in isolation and ignoring south asian countries bordering it directly.

Rather then sponsoring terrorists to sabotage it, it should join the project itself for transit facilities it has long desired from Pakistan. Atleast show yr interest and intent publicly to be part of this project just as Iran, KSA, Turkey and GCC, CARs have.

Pakistan and Pakistan's military has already indirectly indicated that it would welcome indian involvement in CPEC, that is why eastern route is passing through lahore in a hope to tempt u to join it and gain mutual benefits rather then sabotaging it. @Horus

as far as i am concerned this should have been solved along time ago. why not try diffrerent jobs our leaders want to keep us as kebab makers and carpet weavers.
we british pakistanis do our part more than whole punjab put together, when it comes to charity we send so much money it unbeliveable. These days our people are asking questions, and fed up. majority paks in pak spend money on stupid things suffer from ego and backward ideas. This type pf people rather spend 3 grand on car than on thier kid medcine or operation. Rather save 100 rupees than to get bike serviced than they have accident cos brakes failed.

give it another 60 yrs and the best they can offer is textile factory, with 1920s machihery.
because Pakistan still is a capitalist country, in capitalism only rich benefit most.

Just study about capitalism and u will know what im talking abt. BTW the country yr living today is responsible for introducing this system in our part of region.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom