What's new

Could India's Review of MMRCA Selection Process Bring Back Eurofighter?

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
india may review the process of arriving at the lowest bidder in the MMRCA fighter contest which could open the door for Eurofighter to re-enter the competition.

Media reports today said that Indian defence minister AK Antony had recently ordered the process to arrive at the lowest bidder in the multi-vendor tender be reviewed after completion of the whole procedure as questions had been raised over it and the minister had taken cognizance of ‘concerns’. However, independent confirmation of this ‘recent order’ could not be made.

There is a lack of clarity in the reports about why the selection process be reviewed after ‘completion’. Does completion mean successful conclusion of negotiations with Rafale? In which case where is the need for a review of the selection process.

However, indications received from various sources say that the negotiations with the lowest bidder Dassault, now into their third year, have been dragging precisely over the issue of cost- life-cycle, outright price and offsets.

Ef2000-Typhoon-Wide-1920x12001.jpg

Last edited:
Dammit-this will **** us completely
Just get the damn bird,whats there to think

Euro fighter is also a good fighter. Why not going for it?

Euro fighter is also a good fighter. Why not going for it?

Loses to rafale in sensor fusion and air to ground capabilities.

Plus rbe2 aa aesa is fully operational for 2 years now and captor aesa is just in prototype stage only.

We want a multirole aircraft and not air superiority.for that we will get pakfa post 2020

first Euro fighter will enter than f-16, than f-35, than mig-35 enters in competition and u guys will see a new MMRCA-2 in 2014-15 for sure.:mad:

well eourofighter is a gone cause

yes but if french dont get on with terms with india Mig 35 sure can make a come back and just might the stealthy & advanced F18 E/F if USA playes it right

first Euro fighter will enter than f-16, than f-35, than mig-35 enters in competition and u guys will see a new MMRCA-2 in 2014-15 for sure.:mad:

U got to be kidding man,come to ur senses

There is simply no going back now

well eourofighter is a gone cause

yes but if french dont get on with terms with india Mig 35 sure can make a come back and just might the stealthy & advanced F18 E/F if USA playes it right

Both are turkeys.
F-18>mig 35 in any parameter btw

But eurofighter and mig 35 have 0 chance due to lack of aesa(operational)

U got to be kidding man,come to ur senses

There is simply no going back now
sir i lost my faith in MMRCA rafale is the best fighter we can get but why our gov. still want to choose eurofighter ? other countries are laughing on us and we will make our french friends angry if we will choose EF.

Both are turkeys.
F-18>mig 35 in any parameter btw

But eurofighter and mig 35 have 0 chance due to lack of aesa(operational)
well gurjot F18 is not a turkey at best you could say rafale is sexy while F18 is fit

having said that Mig 35 still has too much going for it and looking at the recent changes in geopoliticks i wont be surprised if india finally goes for Migs again as it did in 1980s

well gurjot F18 is not a turkey at best you could say rafale is sexy while F18 is fit

having said that Mig 35 still has too much going for it and looking at the recent changes in geopoliticks i wont be surprised if india finally goes for Migs again as it did in 1980s

Nope it won't,trust me.

That plane is just a modified mig 29 k with aesa(non operational) currently.

It will be 100 pc rafale

sir i lost my faith in MMRCA rafale is the best fighter we can get but why our gov. still want to choose eurofighter ? other countries are laughing on us and we will make our french friends angry if we will choose EF.

Shit happens yaar
This is india

Back
Top Bottom