What's new

Could India's Review of MMRCA Selection Process Bring Back Eurofighter?

Lets us work in issues with LCA MK1. resolve them all. work hard. We can have LCA MK2 with equal or even batter capability compare to EF. Robust aerodynamic design coupled with low weight and low RCS with hi fi EW suit and AESA with high power engine can transform this plane into one of the best.

Last edited:
kya mazaak laga rakha... these are heights! Cancelling deal will create problem in relations. Either you say no to them at the first, and that also to one of our best friend France. Bloody Idiots .. getting bribed by others to say no to France.

Such kind of pendulum decisions are not good. They need to learn how to firm with decisions.

Actually Eurofighter has offered a partnership to India in Plane including work share. Actually Eurofighter is a batter platform as a plne. How ever the EW suit Spectra of Raffale is extra ordinary.

Rather we should buy more super sukhois and spent the rest of money to develop domestic aviation industries. We can easily develop top of the line 5th generation fighter out of money saved.

There are many daughter companies which are involved in both the projects Rafale and EF.

well just hypothetikalli asking if there are rumours that EFT can make a come back then why not Mig 35 or F18 E/F(we also might get growler version as well )

Because the others were rejected unlike the EF. The Rafale is the prefered choice for negotiations, which puts the EF only on hold position, but doesn't reject it. The others are rejected for not fulfilling the requirements, be it operational, technical or industrial. The Growler is more than doubtful, at least the fully fledged version (Boeing wanted to offer Growler lite), but I don't see the importance of it for India anymore. If we want a dedicated jamming version, we can add Israeli or Russian jammers to MKI. "Any" Rafale offers comparable capabilities as the Growlers in detecting, partially even jamming threats and if required we could add dedicated high power jammers on them too, so that is not a reason anymore to decide for the F18SH.

Lets us work in issues with LCA MK1. resolve them all. work hard. We can have LCA MK2 with equal or even batter capability compare to EF. Robust aerodynamic design coupled with low weight and low RCS with hi fi EW suit and AESA with high power engine can transform this plane into one of the best.

Really??? LCA MK2 has not even flown yet and is made by a company with a rather disappointing record... .and you thing that HAL can just come up with something comparable to the EFT, which is made by some of the oldest and most experienced aircraft manufacturers in the world? Do you know how many billions of USD the EFT program got`?

Aviation industry is the crown of a countries industrial and scientific capabilities... and takes decades of learning to bring it to the top of the world.

But then again.... writing stuff on the internet is easy as hell...

Really??? LCA MK2 has not even flown yet and is made by a company with a rather disappointing record... .and you thing that HAL can just come up with something comparable to the EFT, which is made by some of the oldest and most experienced aircraft manufacturers in the world? Do you know how many billions of USD the EFT program got`?

Aviation industry is the crown of a countries industrial and scientific capabilities... and takes decades of learning to bring it to the top of the world.

Hal can't deliver anything even remotely comparable to ef.

To expect that is the height of fanboyism

The company you refer to has come up with a very decent plane called LCA MK1.

MK 2 will have a very low RCS, Top class AESA RADAR, Weight carrying capability of over 5 tons and speed in excess of Mach 2, Farry range between 2.5 to 3.0 K KM, World best AAM, very high agility, 9/-3.5 g, excellent FBW, Excellent EW suit etc. What hell you Euro fighter has in excess of what I listed.

MK 2 will have a very low RCS, Top class AESA RADAR, Weight carrying capability of over 5 tons and speed in excess of Mach 2, Farry range between 2.5 to 3.0 K KM, World best AAM, very high agility, 9/-3.5 g, excellent FBW, Excellent EW suit etc. What hell you Euro fighter has in excess of what I listed.

U need a dose of reality before posting uber fanboy post.

All the systems u posted will be imported,what the hell will be indigenous?

Hal cannot make a simple radar for mk1 so we imported elm/2032 and u think we are on to world class aesa.

They have been making an aesa for 5 years now,no one knows the status

You really know what you are talking about dont you?

Get back to reality boy....

You really know what you are talking about dont you?

Get back to reality boy....

I know very well what I say. However you are over pessimistic. What ever I say is very much a part of Mk 2 design.

Forget about Mk2, even Mk1 is also a very good plane.

I know very well what I say. However you are over pessimistic. What ever I say is very much a part of Mk 2 design.

Yup compared to jf-17 its okay.
Nothing more

Hal cannot make a simple radar for mk1 so we imported elm/2032 and u think we are on to world class aesa.

it is very much our own RADAR. Only the signal processor is imported.

LCA Tejas - Technology: Multi - Mode Radar

We will face some problem as we did not start development of defense stuff with the world because of short cited politician and hence we got left behind (like we did in Space) . Now we need contemporary stuff. So we need to bridge a gap of few years with best in the world. It is not easy. We have done an excellent progress and have bridged the gap of almost 3 decades with European countries. Now we are only behind the US and Russia. With the arrival of Kaveri and AESA in next 5 to 6 years, we shall emerge as the one of leading nation in aviation. Tejas is absolutely one of the finest plane. Mk 2 will be top class and outclass anything in Asia except Sukhoi 30. It will out class M2K, F 16 etc. JF 17 or J10 etc shall be absolutely no match for Mk2 or even Mk1.

Yup compared to jf-17 its okay.
Nothing more

It is even batter than f16 (Except the latest one)

it is very much our own RADAR. Only the signal processor is imported.

LCA Tejas - Technology: Multi - Mode Radar

We will face some problem as we did not start development of defense stuff with the world because of short cited politician and hence we got left behind (like we did in Space) . Now we need contemporary stuff. So we need to bridge a gap of few years with best in the world. It is not easy. We have done an excellent progress and have bridged the gap of almost 3 decades with European countries. Now we are only behind the US and Russia. With the arrival of Kaveri and AESA in next 5 to 6 years, we shall emerge as the one of leading nation in aviation. Tejas is absolutely one of the finest plane. Mk 2 will be top class and outclass anything in Asia except Sukhoi 30. It will out class M2K, F 16 etc. JF 17 or J10 etc shall be absolutely no match for Mk2 or even Mk1.

It is even batter than f16 (Except the latest one)

U got to be kidding me!
Its 100 pc imported radar.

Get real buddy

Anyone can make big mouth statements about future aircraft performances..... even before the first prototype has been assembled. Look at almost every design process in aviation history.... it takes decades to build up world class aviation industry and huge investments.

And Tejas is surely a decent 4th gen fighter... definitely able to replace the Mig 21s, but is it a "very good 4th gen fighter?"

-Speed is comparatively low (Max. speed is 1,350 Km/h), that makes it difficult to outrun or to catch up with enemies

- Service ceiling and combat range are lower than another lightweight fighter like the F 16 B50, which limits its effectiveness

- It has a lower payload than F 16 B 50

- AFAIK, the Tejas has not fired a BVR missile yet? But I could be wrong on that...

- TWR of Tejas is less than 1.0, while the F 16 B50 has a TWR of over 1.0... that means that the F 16 can outclimb the Tejas in a dogfight

- Tejas has a lower G tolerance than the F 16, which makes it harder for it to pull high G maneuvers in combat.

- LM already experiments with stealth technology on its F 16`s, Mikoyan Gurevich already puts TV engines on its Migs, both also successfully tested AESA radars and other advanced avionics on their models..... meanwhile, what has HAL done?

- Does Tejas use the Kaveri engine? No, because it simply underperforms compared to other engines.

etc etc etc

I am not bashing HAL here and saying that they are incompetent... but they are simply not on the same level as companies like Mig, Sukhoi, Dassault, BAE and others which have been building aircraft since WW One !

They cannot come up with the best fighter in the world just like that.... aviation industry takes decades to envolve and massive financial support to get to the standards of companies like LM, BAE, Dassault etc etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom