What's new

Costly Electricity & Over Billing !!! People are unable to the Pay Bills !

The bill appears steep. I used about that amount (700 kWh) last month and my bill is about half of yours (about $100). I am guessing they are making up for accumulated losses by doubling the billed amount so that they can claim they are making progress on the 'circular debt'.
Capacity payements are the reason. Govt have to give cerrtain amount in dollars to ipps whether Pakistan uses their electricity or not. This has lead to the spike in bills.

614 Kwh in hyderabad india is roughly costs 5000 INR or 18000 PKR.

14000 PKR for 300 units. its almost 46 PKR per unit !!!

it is just beginning of IMF sanctioned reforms
yeah there are a lot of random taxes that no one knows about. Its just random names in bills to charge certain amounts!

Geo is still one of the most watch TV channels

So patwaris need to decide

Capacity payements are the reason. Govt have to give cerrtain amount in dollars to ipps whether Pakistan uses their electricity or not. This has lead to the spike in bills.

yeah there are a lot of random taxes that no one knows about. Its just random names in bills to charge certain amounts!
Pakistan electricity isn't expensive (it is but not very very due to massive free hydropower from tarbela and mangla warsak)

The issue is 300-400% tax on bills
Including GST of 17%

Major stealers are industry

Not common people
Domestic users are less then 30%

The industry stealers are buried under "technical losses"

Why do industry feeder have so much "technical losses"

Don't they clarify on what all they are levying? I mean there must be some customer desk or something?

Those amounts are insane !!!!

cost of electricity is for July is 8 Rs/Kwh and for August it should be no more than 10 Rs/kwh but the rest of it we are paying taxes and these god damn capacity payments

cost of electricity is for July is 8 Rs/Kwh and for August it should be no more than 10 Rs/kwh but the rest of it we are paying taxes and these god damn capacity payments

That's what happens when u setup plants in shaiwal rather then building hydro plants with swing capacity and thermal plants for load capacity

Ab aur moj karo..

I have was predicting this two years ago and senior mods who are no where to be seen were calling us overseas youthias

Does everyone in Pakistan pay the same unit rate for electricity ? In India, those with low consumption get it for free or at very low rates.

Big problem in SINDH and KP
Kp the problem is in tribal areas. In the past when warsak was setup electricity was provided for free from warsakdam and honestly the whole KP requirement is less then 2000 mw..tribal areas Produces much more in excess to that at very cheap rate from legacy old British era plants

The biggest stealers are actually industry working in cohots with wapada/distribution companies

Those industry pay a a fix price to distributer employees and get free power as domestic consumers are just 20-30%

1- privatize the distribution immediately
2- do a third party audit of all employees of wapada /distribution companies
3- remove all fixed income tax from power, why do you have FBR?? IF YOU CANT DO THAT dissolve FBR
4- renegotiate or default on IPPs..you already are defaultesld. Just make it official if they aren't gonna negotiate
5- immediately build the Iran/tapi gas pipeline..there are way to circumvent restrictions mainly asking private industry to step in with govt not even being involved or barter trade..the cost is political..take the hit with gulf counties if you have to
6- talk to Qatar/oman build a under water gas pipeline to gawadar and then onto India
7- there is 70k mw of hydro let KP hydro to build these projects without center blocking them
8- renegotiate the hydro IPP from BOT mode to longer 40-50 years period but less upfront pay
9- consider abolishing the hydro royalty on private IPPs
10- let wapada floor green bonds (well that boat is sailed now)

I am sure PDM will listen … they care about people of Pakistan

😊

I am sure PDM will listen … they care about people of Pakistan

😊
PDM has public mandate

Public didn't want accountability and use to say khata hey tu lagata be hey

Hence why public is fine with people having assets beyond means

I will die trying to understand the logic behind people supporting PDM, in all these 16 months at the helm what have they done for the people, i mean they have not passed a single bill or law that is beneficial for the people

PDM has public mandate

Public didn't want accountability and use to say khata hey tu lagata be hey

Hence why public is fine with people having assets beyond means

Agreed

Public supported PDM & army

They are loving every minute of it

Back
Top Bottom