What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

To be frank, in US, some of Pakistani restaurants are better than North Indian restaurants. Pakistani restaurants generally look very uninviting and the people serving are kind of rude. But the food is very very good. (I think they bring n authentic cooks from Pakistan while Indians bring cr@ppy chefs)They are very cheap too.so they are extremely popular. On the other hand Indians have some amazing date restaurants but an average North Indian restaurant tastes kinda bad.
Pakwan and Shalimar are Pakistani restaurant chains here in US and they will be jam packed on any day of the week.

Not always. I am frequent in a Pakistani restaurant. The food tastes really great there and I simply can't distinguish the food with what we get in India. It's a very homely restaurant and is run by a family from Karachi. They are very hospitable. We love the ambience. Even the aunty there addresses me as Beta. It really feels good.:)

How many people actually had the hot version of the following and survived to talk about it:

Loitta Shutki Bhuna (Dried Loitta Fish)

loitya1.jpg

I love it when my mom prepares.It's superb spicy.:cheesy:

Yessir that's it. We used to hire a cab and rush off to Bogmalo every alternate day after 5 pm ;). There's a well known shack called John's Seagulls (student budget). For hi-fi ppl you have resorts like Coconut Creek. Oh man I miss my Goa :cry:

North india and pakistan has same food type. Curry with roti. I'm talking about what we prepare on daily basis at home.

Bengali food is different I. E rice daal and dry sabzi.

South india has sambhar rice and one dry sabzi

The Tibetan restaurants in Majnu ka Tila, Delhi have great tongue chili fries.

mmm...oh man the curries look delicious with the seasonings and cumin powder, wish I could have something other than kimchi right now. As far as deserts go, bangladaise food is very good especially the vendors selling white dumplings :smitten: , good snack for sure

Indian food is gross in Canada. I they think the chefs there cater to whites too much.

My experience in Montreal was terrible.

Indian Cuisine is so diverse, it changes by the kilometers.

Some of my favorites

Kashmiri Gushtaba

htw5r9.jpg

Chicken Tikka Masala from Punjab

f9oxdt.jpg

Papad Ki Sabji especially from Jaipur

29e6rg5.jpg

Kolhapuri Mutton

2ajxfh1.jpg

Masala Dose from Tamil Nadu

e61z0w.jpg

Chicken Momos from Sikkim

ftedlw.jpg

Hyderabadi Biryani

103954k.jpg

Tunday Kebab only from UP

6fc9k3.jpg

He funniest thing I've ever seen in my life:

A cooking show where a dude made some dish from Mumbai, even the name was "Bombay something" forgot the full name. And the idiotic person said, he loves mediterranean cuisine. :omghaha:

The same happened once with garam masala. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom