What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

Bharat Muslim

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Can you throw light on the quality of Iranian and Afghan food? What is there standards? How do they fare in comparison with Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi food? Rate them like this: 1. better than Pakistani or 2. better than Indian but not as good as Pakistani or 3. not as good as Indian or 4. something else.

Last edited:
Can you throw light on the quality of Iranian and Afghan food? How do they fare in comparison with Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi food? Rate them like this: 1. better than Pakistani or 2. better than Indian but not as good as Pakistani or 3. not as good as Indian or 4. something else.

in terms of quality all these food(afghanistan, iran, pakistan and india) are good. but food from afghanistan is very very similar to iranian food and very very different from pakistani+indian food.

Afghan food varies greatly and has Persian, Chinese and central Asian influences.
Pakistani food is heavily influenced by Persian and Indian cuisines..

basically if its tastes good, then it is good!

I went to Iranian restaurant two days ago with my friends. One thing that trumps all: Iranian Kebabs (kebab Kubideh is good). Other than that, arab food the best after Pakistani food. Seriously, if you haven't tried wine leaves with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of olive oil, you are missing out on a lot. Lebanese food is awesome. You must sit down and try Arabic food in Dubai- even if it is just Hummus and bread. (if anyone from Dubai is reading this, you may have heard of Hallab)

hummus.jpg

Many of the dishes in present day Pakistan, india, and bengladesh have their roots in Persia (Iran/Afghanistan) and Central Asia.

Briyani Originated from Iran and Afghanistan

i think u r wrong, bityani originated in arabia, but buryani of other countries and pakistan is totally different, dont confuse with the word, and biryani dish of pkistan is only popular, there r lots of kebabs too

iranian/ afghan/ arabic food are tasteless, indian food is also not better than pakistani food though spicy, among pakistani food karachi food, (esp biryani, BBQ and dishes like korma, chicken karahi) is the best..

How can you term biryani, korma, chicken karahi, etc as Pakistani food when they are equally prevalent in India and other countries?

These is no way of sorting these foods as belonging to one country's cuisine. Many dishes found in India are found in Pakistan too and vice versa.

Unless we start define a criteria that lists dishes as being belonging to one country or not. So basically useless thread.

How can you term biryani, korma, chicken karahi, etc as Pakistani food when they are equally prevalent in India and other countries?

These is no way of sorting these foods as belonging to one country's cuisine. Many dishes found in India are found in Pakistan too and vice versa.

Unless we start define a criteria that lists dishes as being belonging to one country or not. So basically useless thread.

i know, i meant biryani of karchi, korma of karachi, nehari of karachi etc etc

I don't about the taste as I haven't tried afgan, Iranian, pakistani (not sure how it's different from Indian) but in terms of popularity Indian is way ahead of others.

I don't about the taste as I haven't tried afgan, Iranian, pakistani (not sure how it's different from Indian) but in terms of popularity Indian is way ahead of others.

Not really, Iranian and other Middle Eastern dishes are way ahead of indian food in terms of popularity. In America (especially NYC:usflag:) you can get Falafel, Kebabs, Gyros and other Middle Eastern foods almost anywhere, in fact you can get them right from the food stands that are almost everywhere on the streets.

Not really, Iranian and other Middle Eastern dishes are way ahead of indian food in terms of popularity. In America (especially NYC:usflag:) you can get Falafel, Kebabs, Gyros and other Middle Eastern foods almost anywhere, in fact you can get them right from the food stands that are almost everywhere on the streets.

and r u iranian born kid, why the hell you dont run to iran for god sake??

everyone like their own food but in terms how other people like their food indian food is among ones of best and most popular along with chinese and italian. never seen many iranian or pakstani resturants as indian.

How can you say better or worse? it all depends on individual tastes.

Also, food tends to be aligned along ethnic, not national, lines. Thus Pakistani Pakhtuns, Balochis and Afghans probably have similar foods, while Punjabi and Sindhi food is similar to North Indian food. South Indian food is different again and Bengali and Bangladeshi foods are again similar.

I personally find most Arabic dishes to be too bland (love Humus and Falafel, though), and south Indian/Sri Lankan food to be too spicy. Pakistani/North Indian food is just right for me, but that's just because of what I grew up eating. And Iranian food is great with sumaq.

Back
Top Bottom