What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

Not really, Iranian and other Middle Eastern dishes are way ahead of indian food in terms of popularity. In America (especially NYC:usflag:) you can get Falafel, Kebabs, Gyros and other Middle Eastern foods almost anywhere, in fact you can get them right from the food stands that are almost everywhere on the streets.

Not really. In terms of popularity Indian style restaurants are more popular among average Americans. NY, LA , Miami are diverse cities. You can find almost any kind of food in those cities.

Immigrants typically live in large metropolitan area. Outside of those cities the chances of an ethnic restaurant's survival is very low.

It could be because I tried hyderabadi biriyani in Chennai! :D

Lol, you need to try Hyderabad Biryani made in Hyderabad!

Of course, it depends on whether you like very spicy food or not... I always get the most spiciest biryani possible. I am a true South Indian ;)

i have been to US , canada, uk and europe. Ist chicken tikka more popular in UK than their national dish.

google for best food in world and you will know indian food is right there along with chinese and italian

Chicken Tikka Masala is supposedly British National dish as declared by former Foreign Minister Robin Cook. The origin is debatable.

"The best food in the world" sounds rather silly and childish.

Calm down buddy.

Yes Biryani has a Persian origin.

Derived from بریان .

biryani is persian.. but in india biryani is popular only among rice eating belt. in wheat eating belt people eat rice only on occasions as we being larger tummied rice is like snaks for us. we eat nan and roti to feel full:P

i'd rather have Dal with Gosht in it rather than Dal with no gosht, and i don't mean to demean indian food.

do you think it would remain dal if it consists of bones in it??:cheesy:

i think you have different types of food while the name resembles same :smokin:

To be frank, in US, some of Pakistani restaurants are better than North Indian restaurants. Pakistani restaurants generally look very uninviting and the people serving are kind of rude. But the food is very very good. (I think they bring n authentic cooks from Pakistan while Indians bring cr@ppy chefs)They are very cheap too.so they are extremely popular. On the other hand Indians have some amazing date restaurants but an average North Indian restaurant tastes kinda bad.
Pakwan and Shalimar are Pakistani restaurant chains here in US and they will be jam packed on any day of the week.

To me Pakistani food is the best. My two favorite Pakistani dishes are Kofta and Biryani (both originate from the Middle East).

zafrani-kofta.jpg

chicken_biryani.jpg

i dont knw abt rest but how can one define indian food
in no way india'n food can be kept in a single catogary
d food is so different al around
may b each district has its on style of cooking recipie

WTF is supposed to be Indian food.??

In India you have dozens of varieties and as such there is no unified one as Indian food.

For example - Punjabi dishes of India are almost the same as those of Pakistan while being 180 deg different from South Indian dishes.

So how can we compare ??

and about the food
our taste buds get accustomed to the food we eat and hence any other food is alien to us
i'll giv my example:
i love kerala food since dat is wat i've been eating and i hate food in tamilnadu
the word thairu sadam brngs a vomiting sensation
so i believe the claim of one food being superior or better is useless

Back
Top Bottom