What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

Kerala food:

Erachi Choru(meat rice):

3776474988_6c197c3ab1_o.jpg

Dry beef(Unakkirachi):

Unakka+Eracchi.jpg

Pork fry:

IMG_0766.JPG

We have an Afghan restaurant here in Adelaide & their food is just awesome. Also it is quite reasonable. They won the award for the best Kebab house in South Australia, last year.

1.Food varies from place to place in a country, and it is different in the rural area from the urban food. Taking what one would expect in a good restaurant or at a wedding or invitation / dawat, the food in countries from Iran-Afghanistan through north India and BD would be similar if not same. In S India it is way different.

2. However, dishes do have local variation. In Dhaka the Kachhi Byriani is famous. In Lauckhnow - Delhi it is the Mughlai byriani. But the most sought after is the Hyderabadi Byriani where the rice remains intact.

3. In BD we take both chapati and rice - but not together. In N India and Pakistan both are taken together in the same meal. In K-P and westward they prefer pilao over byriani. Pilao of basmati rice sprinkled with hot ghee and taken with quarter boiled egg as sort of an achar, is a favorite dish.

4. In BD we love beef. In N India through to the west it is lamb / mutton territory. And I remember Lal Kababiwala in Quetta and Peshawar. But BBQ Karachi may be latest favorite.

Yes dude, I know Bengalis add potato in many thing.

Do you know the story why they do it? its quiet amusing . the Nawab when he was exiled there took along his cook . as he had a problem with money, or should i say a lack of it, his cook added potatoes instead of meat. :)

Do you know the story why they do it? its quiet amusing . the Nawab when he was exiled there took along his cook . as he had a problem with money, or should i say a lack of it, his cook added potatoes instead of meat. :)

Ok, can you tell me about the name confusion Vindaloo vs Vindalho. Do localites in Goa call it Vindaloo too.

Not really, Iranian and other Middle Eastern dishes are way ahead of indian food in terms of popularity. In America (especially NYC:usflag:) you can get Falafel, Kebabs, Gyros and other Middle Eastern foods almost anywhere, in fact you can get them right from the food stands that are almost everywhere on the streets.

In US, Iranian, Afghan, Greek cuisine are mainly termed as Mediterranean Cuisine. As an Indian I like Mediterranean cuisine (specially falafel and hummus) as it's somewhat similar to our Indian food than the rest of the cuisines worldwide. Even the cuisines from the rest of the countries of Asia like Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese are completely different from Indian Cuisine. But the Iranian, Afghan food are much less spicy compared to Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi food.
Now coming to Indian and Pakistani food, we can't really name cuisines from these countries uniquely as food types differ in these countries according to location and ethnicity due to vastness of the countries.
In US mostly all the Desi restaurants have in their names ' serves Indian and Pakistani food' due to the striking similarity between the two. But here Pakistani food refers to cuisines from Punjab and Sindh whereas Indian means North Indian food which are very similar.
Cuisines from West of Pakistan that is from Baluchistan and NWFP are quite different from that of the Eastern region. They are more close to Afghan cuisines. Cuisines from West Bengal of India is almost the same as that of Bangladesh. Similarly cuisine from South of India is again completely different from cuisines from other parts of the country.
Whatever be it, I like this Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi food combination the most as that's the type food I am acquainted with.

Ok, can you tell me about the name confusion Vindaloo vs Vindalho. Do localites in Goa call it Vindaloo too.

Depends on who you ask , some catholics call it vindalho , others call it vindaloo.
which by the way is vinegar and garlic. not potatoes added :)

Sorry to say but "Zabaan"?? disgusting:disagree:...i don't wish to try it ever.

Have you ever had a tongue roast? the east Indian community make it very well.

Depends on who you ask , some catholics call it vindalho , others call it vindaloo.
which by the way is vinegar and garlic. not potatoes added :)

Have you ever had a tongue roast? the east Indian community make it very well.

I once talked to a Portuguese guy who was calling Samosa as Chamucas and told me Kajrare Kajrare song is very popular in Portugal and Brazil.

I once talked to a Portuguese guy who was calling Samosa as Chamucas and told me Kajrare Kajrare song is very popular in Portugal and Brazil.

No ******** clue about that . though the Portuguese accent can be a little difficult to understand.

though goan i never lived in goa . just went there in the holidays.

No ******** clue about that . though the Portuguese accent can be a little difficult to understand.

though goan i never lived in goa . just went there in the holidays.

Spent 4 yrs of my coll. life in Goa :D. I am more goan than you :P

Back
Top Bottom