What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

I think there is not much vegetarian dish varieties in Pakistan as in India. I love the vegetarian dishes of Indian cuisine. I would also love the Pakistani dishes shown in the pics. Looks damn yummy!!!!!!!!:cheesy:

Very true! That person is a jerk comparing pizza with these delicious foods. I think a simple white rice, chana dal and papad meal cooked by my mom is better.

I have tried only one Iranian delicacy and that is Chelo Kebab. Its a complete delicious meal. Tell me if someone in this thread have tried it.

Chelo kabab is just too good!! Never new it's an Iranian dish. But I guess even if it's Iranian, in India we get the Indianised one that's with extra spices, as Iranian food is never that spicy.

More variety in indian cusine which is cool.

Pakistani/Indian/Lebanese/Turkish food FTW

My moms cooked Biryani.

Nothing can get better than that.

I have a question. I love Indian food here in America but I've always been curious as to why all the Indian restaurants here serve so many meat dishes, (lamb saagwala with some good naan is my favorite, btw. :smitten:). Shouldn't real Indian food be......vegetarian? I guess I should have asked the owners of said restaurants but I did not want to embarrass or offend.

Nothing like that, I am an Indian and I hardly eat veg. You can say 50% of Indians as veg and 50% as non veg.

Mughlai cuisine is a style of cooking developed in the Indian subcontinent by the imperial kitchens of the Mughal Empire. It represents the cooking styles used in North India (especially Uttar Pradesh and Delhi), Pakistan, Bangladesh and the Indian city of Hyderabad. The cuisine is strongly influenced by the Persian cuisine of Iran, and has in turn strongly influenced the regional cuisines of Kashmir and the Punjab region.
The tastes of Mughlai cuisine vary from extremely mild to spicy, and is often associated with a distinctive aroma and the taste of ground and whole spices.[1] A Mughlai course is an elaborate buffet of main course dishes with a variety of accompaniment

iranian/ afghan/ arabic food are tasteless, indian food is also not better than pakistani food though spicy, among pakistani food karachi food, (esp biryani, BBQ and dishes like korma, chicken karahi) is the best..

I think Indian foods are more spicy than Pakistani foods, those Pakistanis who came/migrated from India to Pakistan, usually are known for eating spicy foods. I have heard " non Indian" Pakistanis say stuff like how spicy their food tastes.

PAKISTANI FOOD
More Pics of Sindhi Biryani
picWkeh7U.jpg

p4.jpg

Lahori Chargha

Chargha1.jpg

chargha.jpg

Laziza-Lahori-Chargha-Masala-Big.gif

Lahori-Chargha.jpg

Balochi Sajji

saji3.jpg

Peshawari Chappali Kabab

41399,xcitefun-peshawari-chapli-kabab.jpg

Dude, will we get these preparations in any Pakistani Restaurant in US. I am searching for proper Pakistani food for quit some time, but never found any. These seem to be really the ones I am looking for. I have had food in a number of Pak restaurants but all are Indianised and very similar to what we get in India.

@Areesh Do you add potatoes in Hyderabadi Biryani too in Pakistan. I have eaten Biryani with egg but never heard about potatoes.

In India as well potato is included in Biriyani. My favorite biriyani is the one found in West Bengal rich with Saffron and Ghee. That's the best. I don't like Hyderabadi Biriyani. They put whole spices in that which tastes really bad in mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, will we get these preparations in any Pakistani Restaurant in US. I am searching for proper Pakistani food for quit some time, but never found any. These seem to be really the ones I am looking for. I have had food in a number of Pak restaurants but all are Indianised and very similar to what we get in India.

I think that fried chicken is called " chicken broost " it is quite common here in Lahore, Pakistan.

Talking of foods, shawerma is one of my favourites. I think it is from lebonan originally. We have them in Lahore too.
I ate camel shawerma too once, I usually prefer the chicken or beef one though.

Basically all the unhealthy masala stuff came from the mughals?

To be honest nobody has a clue what the foods were before mughal invasion,

i like haryanvi food,i find that the healthiest without unecessray masalas.

you dont know about their veg curries and how good they are?

coconut oil is better than sarson anyday.

Sarson oil is my favorite.It makes a special special taste. Only one thing in the world I can't even touch that's anything prepared in Coconut oil. How can you use an oil to prepare food which is basically used to apply in hair. :omghaha:

What these things has to do with Biryani? Biryani is only eaten with Salad & Raita(special Pakistani paste made with yogurt + mint + some spice)

Yes just because you put eggs thats why eggs are better than potatoes in Biryani.

We in the Eastern part of India add both potatoes and eggs (the potatoes are specially marinated in Biriyani masala and they melt in mouth and the boiled eggs are mixed with masala and then fried in Ghee before adding in the Biriyani) in the Biriyani and that's the best Biriyani I have ever tasted. You'll not find that kind of Biriyani, made using Ghee and Saffron, anywhere else other than Bengal and probably some Bangladeshi restaurants. That's why I quit eating Biriyani as I am unable to match the taste anywhere else.

We in the Eastern part of India add both potatoes and eggs (the potatoes are specially marinated in Biriyani masala and they melt in mouth and the boiled eggs are mixed with masala and then fried in Ghee before adding in the Biriyani) in the Biriyani and that's the best Biriyani I have ever tasted. You'll not find that kind of Biriyani, made using Ghee and Saffron, anywhere else other than Bengal and probably some Bangladeshi restaurants. That's why I quit eating Biriyani as I am unable to match the taste anywhere else.

I have Had what we call Kolkata Biryani with Potatoes , Eggs , Chicken and Saffron cooked in Ghee but i found it a bit Bland for my taste . For Me Hyderabadi Biryani is the best and Lucknovi biryani comes close second .

just like we add beaf ,chicken and fish in biryanis ,boiled eggs are also added in biryani.......

Hey we don't add boiled eggs directly. It doesn't taste that good in that case. We mix the boiled eggs with masala then fry those in Ghee before adding those in the Biriyani. :azn:

I have Had what we call Kolkata Biryani with Potatoes , Eggs , Chicken and Saffron cooked in Ghee but i found it a bit Bland for my taste . For Me Hyderabadi Biryani is the best and Lucknovi biryani comes close second .

Basically I guess what suits your taste buds the most. I grew up eating this Biriyani which has now turned up to be my fav and none is able to beat that for me. :no:

Back
Top Bottom