What's new

Comparison| Pakistani,Iranian,Afghan,Indian,Bangali food.

I think that fried chicken is called " chicken broost " it is quite common here in Lahore, Pakistan.

Talking of foods, shawerma is one of my favourites. I think it is from lebonan originally. We have them in Lahore too.
I ate camel shawerma too once, I usually prefer the chicken or beef one though.

Shawarma I guess originates from middle East. We get Shawarma in South of India and also in Mediterranean restaurants in US. I like Shawarma rolls be it Chicken or Beef but my favorite are Kabab Kati rolls. They are just too delicious and I can eat one after another. :cheesy:

More variety in indian cusine which is cool.

Pakistani/Indian/Lebanese/Turkish food FTW

My moms cooked Biryani.

Nothing can get better than that.

Same here.... How I am missing the biriyani cooked by my mom, the best biriyani I ever had ... :sad:

i love KATWA our traditional dish
images

What's there inside ? Unable to see.. It seems meet though... and I love meat :smitten:

Kerala food:

Erachi Choru(meat rice):

3776474988_6c197c3ab1_o.jpg

Dry beef(Unakkirachi):

Unakka+Eracchi.jpg

Pork fry:

IMG_0766.JPG

I am a tropical food fan, thai food (heaven) its the best also Malaysian/Indonesian food
kerela food is really tasty its quiet meaty, & its very popular in Jeddah Saudi

in Pakistani food I like magaz/katakat , karai chicken, chicken tikka, boti kabab ,nihari, chapli kabab

in indian food I like kati roll of cacutta, chicken maharaja , pau bhaji, chicken masala, chicken tandoori (juicy & not well done I like it a bit raw)

in Bangladeshi food I like ,shorso hilish, pangash fish muri ghonto, papda fish curry

in afghan food I like

phirni, sheekh kabab, kabuli pulao

now here is my kinda tropical food

Indonesian
http://www.lifeinamsterdam.com/stor....jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1352213598743

Malaysian

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_n8taZDs0n.../9oE7M3yxgZA/s1600/malaysiachicken-704384.jpg

some shrimp cocktail

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2009/02/25/SH1311-1_Shrimp-cocktail_s4x3_lg.jpg

& finaly thai duck
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/t...d-vegetables-garnished-skillfully-on-a-sq.jpg

GOD mad duck & then he made me to eat them up !!!

All the local foods seems tasty but unhealthy and oily and full of meat. I would avoid it and eat vegetarian.

Depends on who you ask , some catholics call it vindalho , others call it vindaloo.
which by the way is vinegar and garlic. not potatoes added :)

Have you ever had a tongue roast? the east Indian community make it very well.

you got anglo relative too ? same here bro, lots of anglo relatives back in sauth asia
try duck vindhaloo with vinegar, chicken jhalfrezi, malai shrimp curry of Calcutta (anglo indian style) trust me those are some tasty stuff & are a must , our family in Karachi has bought with them a lot of the anglo indian food style traditions from calcutta

@Aka123, the Pakistani dishes you get in US are no where close to the authentic taste you get in Pakistan. FYI.

That's right!! I can understand that as the Indian food which we get in US is no where near to the ones in India. So it's quite obvious. But still I was trying to find something which might be a bit close to. Till now whatever Indian Pakistani food I had here, if in India, no one will try those for sure and same the should be the case in Pakistan I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lahore is Lahore and Karachi is Karachi.

Lahore is known for being food capitol of Asia, but as far as Karachi is concerned...

They have the best nihari and kebabs one could ask for.

how can lahore be called food capital of asia when hardly anyone from rest of asia travels there.
maybe of pakistan , okay

Ah for kebabs perhaps Peshawar is the place to consider :smokin:

kabab.jpg

die soon.. cholestrol central.

Ah for kebabs perhaps Peshawar is the place to consider :smokin:

kabab.jpg

Yeap, but a lot of pashtuns in karachi too, and there is a fusion of spicy kebabs in Karachi.

how can lahore be called food capital of asia when hardly anyone from rest of asia travels there.
maybe of pakistan , okay

die soon.. cholestrol central.

Lahore is appreciated for it's cuisine.

The most underrated aspect of Karachi I would have to say is the seafood.

Karachi has spectacular seafood which unfortunately most Pakistanis don't even appreciate.

Sea food lovers around the world would absolutely love the seafood, but too bad this aspect is not marketed or advertised.

Back
Top Bottom